Chapter XLI: Engaged after all

No one told me that making love was that exhausting and I must have fallen asleep afterwards, because when I open my eyes, Christina is still next to me, but she is dressed again and drinking a cup of tea. Her caring eyes are on me though and she smiles at me with love. 'Good afternoon,' she muses and kisses me softly.

I spin contended. 'Good afternoon, my beloved. I must have drifted off. I am sorry.'

'After what you've done, I can imagine you were tired.'

I blush, since I cannot recall all that I have done. I just did what I thought was right and since she did not utter a word, I guess it was all right. But was it? Perhaps I was terrible at this and I hurt her more than I loved her. All of a sudden I dare not look at her and I swing my legs over the side, so my back is to her. She knows me too well though, because she keeps me from getting up. I hear her chuckle, while she kisses my bare spine.

'You were wonderful, love,' she whispers in my ear causing goosebumps. 'Are you sure you had no experience at all?'

I laugh awkwardly. 'I think I would remember making love to someone.' I look at her examiningly. 'You are not fooling, are you?'

'No, I mean every word of it.' She puts a kiss behind my ear and says: 'But let me repay you now.'

'Repay me? Why? I enjoyed myself perfectly well.'

She laughs softly and I realize I have said something very funny in my inexperience. 'Not as much as I wanted you to.' Her experienced hands are on my hips once again, which makes me gasp for breath. While she lets them rest there her soft lips trace down my spine and then she turns me around gently. Her lips find mine, but she does not kiss me yet. 'Close your eyes,' she says, while her hands caress my upper legs lovingly.

I want to see her, because that is delightful by itself, but I am curious about her cryptic words. How have I not enjoyed myself? I really did. It was such an exhilarating experience and especially since she considered me good at it. Then suddenly I can't think anymore and she feels me stiffen. Her voice is close to my ear as she says encouragingly: 'Don't be afraid. Let go.'

I trust her completely and I try to relax, while she starts to kiss me again. Her fingertips follow the outlining of my upper body and are knowledgeable, until I feel like I am about to burst from desire again. 'You are still wearing too many clothes for my taste,' she teasingly says. 'Shall I help you undress or are you able to do that yourself?'

I frown not remembering how I could still be dressed after the first time we made love. Still, I roll on my stomach obediently, so she can unbutton my dress properly. She takes her time doing so, kissing my bare skin after every button she unbuttons. In the end she is able to slide the sleeves of my dress down my arms and she removes my brassiere as well. I feel so exposed right now that I feel like covering my body with my hands. Knowing me though she intertwines both of my hands with hers, while she smiles lovingly. 'God, you are so beautiful,' she murmurs.

After that I don't know where my body ends and where hers begins. We are definitely one now. Body and soul. Yin and yang. We are perfectly in sync and I discover places on my body I have never before been aware of. I suddenly understand why Eleanor loves to do this: forgetting the outside world, forgetting your thoughts and worries, forgetting who you are for that matter. No shackles to keep you down; only the weight of Christina's body pinning me down, while she frees me from my stockings. Every caress of her experienced fingers results in the coursing of a new wave of desire through my body. In the end I feel my upper body rise uncontrollably and all of a sudden I understand Christina's cryptic words. It seems like I could have enjoyed making love to her even more...