Introduction: Hex

Make Me Wild

Introduction: Hex

I saw the complex computer code. It was tough. I stared at the computer screen for a while. What in the hell? How was I supposed to crack this thing? It would take a master to solve this.

I had to talk to a few hackers that had sent it to me and they were stumped. It was sent by a very capable hacker named sHyleR_Ww. I didn't know who this person was in real life but they were very famous in the hacker world.

sHyleR_Ww had sent the file and added their comment. "If Hex can't crack it then no one can." It was the attachment.

They were sure that I could break it so I checked it out just for fun. What else was I doing with my life and I loved a good challenge. I've seen worse but I wasn't sure when.

So, this computer code came from a huge cooperation, Confid Solutions. It was a large company that had offices everywhere. They were good people and the company was pretty amazing from what I had seen when I hacked them.

So, there was a deal attached to this code, if someone cracks the code, they get a job at Confid Solutions. It had been unhackable for the four years that it was out. I was very challenged and got to work. The inner geek in me had to try. I put every cell of my body to work. I had to crack this code.

In all honesty, I wanted a regular nine to five job or whatever. I had been freelancing for a long time and I wanted a regular paycheck. I wanted to settle down and make real friends and have a real life. Right now, my life was in code on the computer. I wanted to be real.

It took me four months but I broke it. I figured it out. I almost passed out when I realized I got it. I was shocked and it didn't even register for a moment. I did it!

"I did it!" I looked around at my studio apartment. No one cared because I had no one. I needed to change that. I had a need to become part of the human world. I had enough of being alone and isolated. I wanted one real friend.

I had been Hex for eleven years now and it was time to use my real name. 

Thanks for reading! Enjoy!