Real Life Utah

"Utah!" An annoying woman yelled my name. "Utah Julius! Get up. You're gonna be late and you'll have to deal with Reid Chambers!"

I was up, got out of bed and took a quick shower in like two minutes. I was dressed with a bagel in my hand within four minutes of that threat. Within seventeen minutes, I was walking into the office building where I work, Confid Solutions.

Yes, I had a huge fear of my boss, Raymond Chambers and his son, Reid Chambers. Angie, my friend with the annoying voice, used that all the time. It worked better than a fire alarm.

I was pathetic but you have to understand The CEO of Confid Solutions, Raymond Chambers, and his son, Reid Chambers, were like huge uber big, business guys. I didn't like to see them when I walked into the building. They spewed power and that scared me.

They are always in the news and on Forbes magazine and whatever. They're amazing and very intimidating, especially in person.

Reid would be the person that would call me into his office if there was a problem, like being tardy. I would never have to deal with Raymond, the dad. The freaking king of business but I would have to deal with the prince, so to speak.

I'm shy and intimidated easily according to my bossy friend, Jim Casser. He works in the same building and he's like my brother. I have those two friends, Angie and Jim because I'm too scared to talk to people. I'm the computer guy here at work. I keep hackers out...my fellow hackers.

That's how I got this job. If a person could crack the code they were hired. I cracked it. I broke it actually. I broke into their security system and downloaded files just to show them how easy it was. So, ta-da! Hired.

I'm not the IT guy, I'm the computer specialist guy. I'm the computer security guy, like the bouncer. I keep hackers out and I love my job but I get IT calls anyway. I have no problem helping people so I take the calls. IT is simple because I understand computers.

I'm good with computer systems because I don't have to talk to them. Well, not in the usual ways. I'm not good with socializing. I just don't like it. Once I meet someone and get to know them, I'm fine but it's talking to them for the first time, that scares me.

I don't like getting attention. I never actually met the CEO officially when I came to work here. He was out of town but I met the son and I only wanted to do that once.

That was a year ago and I'm cool with the fact that they forgot about me. I was nobody now. When I first arrived, it was like I was a superstar but now the receptionist barely looks at me. Cool with me.

By the way, that receptionist is my friend, Angie! Ha ha.

I met Angie and Jim on the first day here and we just clicked. Jim and Angie were already friends and I just fit in. I was one of the humans, finally.

My favorite thing about this job is that I don't really have to talk to anyone. I just clock in, do my job by hacking mostly, solve problems and clock out.

Most importantly, I don't have to deal with the bosses. Jim is Reid's assistant so he has to deal with them. Poor bastard.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it!