Miracle Worker

Monday morning came. It was bound to happen. I woke up next to Reid and it was my favorite sight. He was sleeping so peacefully. I touched his hair and sighed. I was so happy with him.

"If you keep it up, I'll ask you to marry me, Kitten." Reid slowly opened his eyes.

I just chuckled. That was my Reid. I would so marry him in a heartbeat but I wouldn't tell him that and let him win. That in itself was a miracle because I don't believe in marriage.

We got to work on time with our usual routine. It was so familiar and nice.

I got a phone call the first thing. The board wanted a meeting. Now. Okay? It was Monday? My meeting with them was Friday but I got my information together and the papers I printed out at Reid's house.

I rushed up to the board room and walked in with my information and my computer. Reid was there with the board. There were eleven people on the board including Reid, in his dark suit and glorious blue tie that matched my current pair of lace undergarments.

"We called you in to get an update. How's the search going?" A man named William Tellis asked. He was a banker and by that I mean he owned a few.

"Well, I found a company that I like." I told them why. Some weren't happy about the whole hacking thing but they tolerated me. I was full of useful information. I told them the price tag and I figured that would be the end.

The same man, William Tellis nodded. "So, I won't have to dial each number that I want to call?"

"No. In fact, I can set them up so all you have to do is say the person's name. Like, call Utah. The phone will dial my office number. If you want that feature." I watched them

William nodded with a rare smile. "I would love that feature."

"Okay. And if you don't want it or don't want to say who you're calling out loud, I will program everyone's number into the phone under contacts, just push a button or you can do it manually. You will have a favorites list also. Just people who you call the most. I believe it's up to ten people. It will take two months to get everyone connected with computers and phones."

I told more about the computers too. I gave them a website they could look at also. I left them with all the information to read also.

Yes, I'm amazing. I got the go ahead and the meeting that was supposed to be Friday was cancelled.

Thanks for reading!