My Date With A Stranger

And... I was standing outside the restaurant. I sighed. It was a decent restaurant, not too pricey for a first date. It was a good choice. Perfect really.

Okay, Utah, you have to do this for your roommate's sanity. Just get him off your back.

I walked in and took a breath as I was greeted. "Hi. I'm meeting someone, a blind date? Big tower?" I was told to say that at the hostess desk. Here we are and I was waiting to be pranked or something.

"Sure. He's at the bar. Come on." The woman walked off and I followed. The man was facing me with a white rose and I froze. It can't be him! What? No, I'm dreaming and this is a nightmare. I guess you want to know too.

I gulped. Reid Chambers was sitting there holding a white rose. I almost passed out but my feet got me to him. "Hi!" I croaked out like a frog.

Reid smiled. "Hi. You okay?"

I nodded but I wasn't okay. "Sure."

"Let's go to our table. Shall we?" He held out his arm and I took it. I could feel his muscles in his arm. His long, hard arm, full of bulging muscles. I was about to drool. We walked to a table for two.

I chuckled. "This is different than the first time we met!" I opened with a cute joke. I hated this shit.

Reid stared at me blankly. "What? Have we met?"

I stared at him as my smile slid off my face. Was I that forgettable? Probably. "Uh, I work on the second floor?"

His eyes turned a pale shade of blue. "What? You do?"

"Uh, I fell into you, bounced off of you and fell? Remember that? Like two weeks ago?" I stared at him.

I saw a kind of smirk on his lips but then it was gone. "No, I don't recall that?"

I stared and felt hurt. So, Reid Chambers didn't remember me. Great. "Maybe I should go."

He was perfect and very aloof. His dark hair was just above his shoulders and his pale blue/green eyes were mesmerizing. I always thought they were blue but I'm close enough to see the green. "No! Stay. At least eat with me before you run off again!"

I stared some more. He did remember. What a dick! I don't know how to take him.

"So what do you already know about me?" Reid watched me with this smug expression.

I stared some more. Great, I was just staring at Reid this whole date. I have to talk. "Uh, nothing? I've never talked to you before!" My nerves were a wreck.

Reid laughed and wiped a tear. "Everyone knows everything about me! Come on, tell me."

"Uh, you're Raymond Chambers' son? You work at Confid Solutions. Your eyes are gorgeous and you have a nice smile." I rattled off then I shrugged. And his hair was pretty but I wasn't going to keep talking.

"And...?" Reid watched me with calculating eyes.

"Nothing! That's all I know. Look, I work at work and at home I watch syfy movies and play too many video games. I hate all of that entertainment and I don't google people." My voice was shaking. I hated being here.

"That's all?"He raised an eyebrow perfectly.

"Uh..yeah?"

"I figured a hacker like you would know the color of my underwear currently!" He watched me and I couldn't tell if he was joking.

I shook my head. "No. I don't hack into people's lives. I'm good at what I do! No, I'm fantastic at what I do and I wouldn't do that and I didn't know who you were! This was a blind date." I paused.

"I guess I could have hacked into the system and figured it out but maybe I like the surprise! I...well, no! I hated it. I hated not knowing but my friend..." I paused and took a breath.

Do not panic.

"My friend set up the account. He answered all the questions. He's probably the one you should be on the date with!" I inhaled and felt a little dizzy.

All Reid did was smile. "Is that so? What's his name?"

I looked at my hands. My friend was Reid's assistant but I didn't know if he knew that. "Jim. But he's straight. He answered them pretending to be me." I blushed. "He was getting me out of the house. Apparently, I'm there too much."

"You live together?"

"Yes. I mean we're roommates. I can't afford to live alone." I admitted to this stranger. And that wasn't true but I was sick of being alone but I could afford it.

"I see. Or you just don't like living alone." Smuggerson sipped his water.

"Don't think that you know me!" I glared and tried not to shake. "You don't!"

"I don't?" Reid paused and glared at me. His blue/green eyes were staring at me. "You're twenty-six, you've worked with us for a year, before that you were a very successful hacker under the alias Hex. You hacked Canada's Judicial system, a couple of international systems, our system, the federal building and six libraries including the Library of Congress. I haven't a clue why. You live at 729 Augusta Street Apt 33." He paused and rattled off my phone number. "And your underwear are green with lemons on them."

My jaw dropped. He was right, down to the underwear. "I should go!"

Reid moved closer and grabbed my arm to stop me. "You could've been sent to jail because you were becoming a threat to the government but we took you in and tamed you."

I stood and rushed out of the restaurant. They tamed me? I sped home as fast as the bus would take me, ran up the stairs, pushed the door and slammed the door and locked it. I was scared and breathless. I double checked the locks as I looked out the peephole.

"Uh, Monsters chasing you?" Jim was home to see this.

I was having a panic attack and he was making jokes. I slid down the door and just sat on the floor. "Never make me go out there again!"

Jim laughed as he stood up from his TV show. "Hey, are you okay?" He walked over and then looked worried. I told him everything as he made tea.

"I felt so violated and he never touched me!" I stared into my tea. "He knew all of my personal information and I never thought to look into him!" I felt tears run down my cheeks.

Jim laughed. What a dick. "He said they tamed you? Oh, Poor Reid! A sweet kitten like you, you were never wild!"

I nodded and laughed through my tears. "I know!" I was so scared. "I'm going to shower and go to bed. We have work tomorrow." And now I really didn't want to go.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy!