Reid's Explanation

Reid's POV: This explanation requires us to see things in Reid's perspective for just this one chapter. Onward, with Reid.

When I saw him the first time, I remember every second of it. It was almost slow motion and that never happened to me before. I thought that kind of stuff was made up by hopeless romantics that never found love except in stories. Perhaps I was one of those? A thought for another time.

Utah Julius walked into my building all twitching and nervous. His leather messenger bag was draped over his chest and over his button down dress shirt. It was blue and white checkered. His pants were a dark blue and fitted. His shoes were the same blue.

I loved his outfit and his hair was cute. Cut short and pretty. It was white, platinum blonde and sexy on his head. It was sticking up everywhere. It was a sexy 'I just woke up' look. I was so stupid but those were my thoughts. His ice blue eyes were...mmm.

He tripped over nothing on the floor and I chuckled. I could tell he was clumsy because he just rolled his eyes and kept walking. He already made me chuckle.

I noticed that his nails were painted a dark blue to match his shirt. Mmm. I liked him immediately. I followed him into the elevator and watched him walk into my office. He didn't know who I was and I found that interesting. He was shorter than me by a few inches but he was the perfect height. He was perfect but I wasn't ready to date. Yet.

I knew of his skills with a computer. His reputation preceded him but he didn't look like he was self-involved. I wondered if he bragged about what he could do with a computer and some code? He was gifted and he was a legend that all hackers respected. I do my research when I hire someone and I researched him thoroughly.

His hacker name was Hex. He was sought after by big companies often and I hired him. He agreed to work here. I didn't actually have a clue why. At the time that my father hired him, I didn't know who he was or what he looked like. There wasn't a hacker guide book or anything.

I had a good time with my sister, Lola. She was an excellent hacker. She worked for the government and I couldn't say what she did but she knew who Hex was and that was something.

Lola did create the impossible code for us. I have to say, it took several years for someone to come along and break it. Hex or Utah, impressed everyone and my father hired him on the spot, before he even walked through the door.

I knew a little about him already.

The hacking came from years of neglect from his family and being alone. He didn't have friends and he was dorky in high school. He grew into his looks and became a gorgeous swan that sat before me.

Utah fumbled through the interview in the most charming way. I could tell he was nervous and he was so cute. I found him irresistible. I loved to just watch him twitch and fidget. I don't know why but he intrigued me.

Maybe because he was the first person not to throw themselves at me. He never once flirted with me. It happens to me a lot and I hated it.

I asked all the questions that I wanted and he gave me answers. Concise and to the point. Clipped. He was very direct and business-like. I could tell that he was very uncomfortable. I wasn't sure if it was natural or if I was adding to his nerves. I was hoping it was the latter. I wanted to make him a little nervous.

I watched him for the whole year after I hired him. His roommate was my assistant so I had inside information. Jim knew about my crush that he called obsession. Jim was funny and he was a friend.

"I can get you a date with him, Reid. I know you're ready." Jim sat in my office. "We just have to be sneaky! He's really scared of you so you have to be easy on him. He's fragile, like a kitten."

"What do you have in mind?" I sat and listened to his plan. Jim suggested getting Utah on a dating app. Nice. Problem was that I didn't have one either. Jim made mine and then made Utah's profile. Yes, that was what my assistant did with his day.

The date was entertaining, not boring like other dates. He didn't do what the others did and try to impress me. He could have bragged about his achievements and his achievements were very impressive. Utah didn't try to impress me and that impressed me.

He was just Utah and I loved it. He was shy, awkward and uncomfortable but he was himself.

I could tell that Utah was alarmed and was ready to dart. I gave him the out and he took it. I knew I would freak him out. Jim told me he would run. Poor beautiful boy.

I let a couple of days go by for him to calm down and Jim arranged for him to come up. Technical problem. Nice. I watched as he fixed the video phone. He was so confident with tech but not with people and the next few moments proved it.

I almost lost it as I saw him trying to crawl from the room. It was really tough to hold in my mirth. He just made me smile all the time.

Utah!

I finally let him leave. That little scared swan rushed to the elevator and almost broke it to get inside. So cute. More like a kitten. A rabid kitten.

"Jim, I have to get him to my house! I want him to know everything! I want to talk to him. How? Any thoughts?" I sighed.

Jim shrugged. "You really freak him out."

I laughed. "I know!"

Jim laughed with me. "I mean it. After the date, he locked the door like goblins were after him. He's not good with people....but maybe Jack can help?"

I gasped. "He would love Utah! How is he with kids?"

"Never saw him with kids!" Jim smiled.

I chuckled. "Crash course? I have that meeting and Chloe's out of town. I'll ask Jack first."

I couldn't wait to get home. I walked into the kitchen where all young boys were to be found. Sure enough...

"Hey, Dad." Jack had a piece of chicken he was eating. This was very common. This kid ate his weight in chicken, I swear.

"I have a weird thing and I need to run it by you." I watched him look interested.

"What weird thing?" He watched me with curiosity. He was a great kid. He was ten already and I just couldn't believe it. Time really flies.

I told him everything about Utah. Well, not everything. Just the important stuff and he agreed to help me. I didn't know how to talk to Utah but maybe Jack could, he was good with people. He was all for it.

Jack was up for meeting new people.

I may have been too demanding though with Utah because he looked so lost as I met him in the garage. I forgot to tell him that I had a kid. Oops. We never really talked. Well, he knew now.

"And I walked in tonight and you guys were laughing. Utah, that did things to me! No one ever made Jack laugh like that. Chloe is my sister's daughter, they grew up together and Jack's never laughed with her like that." I confessed.

"I tucked Jack into bed and thanked him for being so great. He told me what you guys did tonight and I went to change." I looked down at my clothes. I was in sweats and a t-shirt.

"I took a few minutes to check on the meeting that I sat through tonight too. Sorry. I was waiting for an important email. I didn't know it would take an hour and I'm sorry to make you wait." And that concluded my monologue.

"What do you want from me? I'm confused." Utah stared at me. Confused.

"So, my kiss earlier didn't help? Maybe we should try again?" I pulled Utah into me, onto my lap and kissed him. I figured he would smack me or run away or both. He kissed me back, melted and grinded into me. What in the hell!

This beautiful creature....

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!