Weirder Sunday

I walked into the living room and smiled. Two days with no work, no Reid, no reason for Reid to call for me to fix something. Saturday was uneventful and perfect.

"It's Sunday! And what does that mean, Angie?" I walked out into the living room.

Angie was there and Jim was out. Probably working or whoring around. He was Reid's assistant so he worked on some weekends and Angie hung around on Sundays because her girlfriend worked until five. So, here we are.

"What a gorgeous, perfect day! And why is it so perfect?" I rambled as I walked to the couch where Angie was watching TV.

"Utah, good morning." Angie smiled at me. I was pretty sure she just humored me most of the time.

"No work! That's why!" I smiled as Angie giggled. "Good morning, Sweetie!" I hugged her and rushed to the kitchen for a Mt. Dew. Clearly, I'm not a coffee drinker. I looked at the clock and it was more like almost noon. I slept in a little.

I sighed as we sat on the couch for a couple of hours and I drank my Dew. Angie was texting her girl. Her name was Tara and she was a makeup artist. She was very good too.

My phone rang. What? No one called me. I answered it without thinking. "Utah's phone, Ollo!" I was being silly and giggled.

"I need you here." A voice sounded stern and serious.

"What? Who is this?" I stared at my phone. Unknown number.

"This is Reid Chambers. I'm sending a car. I need you." Reid stated.

I blushed like crazy. "Uh..."

"It's out front. Come. Please." Reid's voice softened and I turned to goo. He needed me!

"Give me a second!" I rushed to my room, put on decent clothes and my favorite shoes, fixed my hair and said bye to Angie. She'd be fine, I wasn't sure about me though.

Sure enough, there was a car and driver outside. I got in and away we went to see Reid. He needed me. I almost giggled but my thoughts kept me in control. Why would he call me? Why would I even be a thought to him? I was so lost.

The car pulled up to a gate, it opened and I was driven to a very pretty, very large house/mansion. I was out of my league here so why would someone this well-to-do need me? We pulled into the garage and the driver parked without a word. He got out and opened my door. This was my cue to get out.

Reid looked dashing as he met me at the car door. "Good, you're here!" He had rushed to me. I had no idea what was going on but I blushed. "I'll be back at nine tonight, hopefully a little earlier. Order whatever you want, my card is on the counter with the emergency numbers." He rushed by, turned and kissed my lips. Then he was in the car and gone.

So, I was left with a kiss? What in the fuck was this? I thought he wanted to talk or fix his home computer or something. I was so confused. I was lost as I walked into the house. There was a credit card on the counter with a note. Well, it was a list of numbers including his and his fathers. Right.

I looked around.

"Are you watching me?" A voice made me scream. I thought I was alone. I heard a giggle and turned around. A kid was there. "Sorry to scare you."

I had my hand on my chest and stared some more. I was so confused. "What?"

The boy smiled. He looked like he was ten or eleven. "Are you watching me? My dad said the babysitter, Chloe, was unavailable and he was sending an emergency person. Are you my emergency person?"

I looked around. "I....uh...I have no idea!"

The boy laughed. "I'm Jack. Hi."

"Hi, Jack. I'm Utah." I sighed. I would be pissed but this was still a day without Reid in it. I was at his house but he wasn't here.

"You must be important to my dad or he wouldn't trust you to watch me." Jack smiled.

I was too stunned to answer. I wasn't important to Reid and Reid was a dad? What? "Uh, what now?" I changed the subject. I was running from here as soon as I could.

"Well, Chloe just shops online while she's here. I'm pretty much on my own most of the time." Jack sighed.

I could tell he was waiting for me to be uninterested. "Then why does she watch you?"

"She's a cousin." Jack sighed. "You can shop online while I go play video games."

I stared at him. "I love video games!"

Jack smiled at me and he looked surprised. "Really?"

I noticed that he had the same pale green eyes. So.... Reid wasn't gay? Where was I? Jack put in a disk and we played for a while. Jack sighed. I smiled. "You know, I have skills. Do you have a laptop?" I had some ideas and could get him all of the good stuff for this game.

Jack nodded and rushed to get it. I downloaded, and by download I really mean I hacked in and took codes to boost the game. I left a code that paid for it so everyone can chill. I wasn't a thief and it looked awesome. Jack and I played the game with better options, ordered pizza and switched to a war game later in the evening.

I was laughing with Jack. He was yelling at me to shoot as I dropped a grenade. I couldn't find it and we both blew up. Oops. We were on the floor laughing so hard I was going to pee myself.

Someone cleared their throat. "Having fun."

I shot up from the floor, breathless and red. I mean instantly red. "Reid!" I panicked and kept talking. "We just played games, got pizza and this was just for fun...I'm so sorry!"

Reid looked at me, lost. "Why are you sorry?" He walked up to me. Closer.

I backed up and almost fell over the coffee table. Reid caught me. "Uh..." I almost forgot that he kissed me earlier and I blushed again. "I should be going."

Jack whined. "Don't leave! This was so much fun! Dad, Utah is like the best!"

Reid smiled at me. "I know. Thanks for taking care of Jack. Don't move. Let me get him tucked in and we'll talk. Stay."

He wasn't asking. He led me to the couch where I sat, like an obedient dog. Great. I got mad at myself as I sat there, waiting.

It was like an hour later. Not like, it was an hour later. I got off the couch and there was a voice. "I said stay." He ordered again.

I had enough. "That's it! I'm not your dog! I'm not some toy for your entertainment! You can't just order me around and expect me to be obedient. I have waited for over an hour! I'm going home!" Reid pulled me to him. I was in tears and I didn't know why. "What do you want from me?"

"Utah..." He hugged me. I melted into him and put my face in his neck. He smelled so good. I felt his hands rub my back and I sighed. "Easy and I'll explain."

"I don't understand anything! You hate me but you trust me with Jack? I didn't even know you had a child... I'm so confused!" I couldn't look at him as he released me.

"Utah, can I explain? Can we sit and will you let me explain?" Reid sighed. "Please."

I nodded but I couldn't look up.

I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading!!