Time With Jack

The weekend flew by and I was sad about that. I wanted it to last forever. It was the best weekend. Jack and I played games in the evening, after the bathroom incident.

Saturday morning I spent time with Reid in bed, Jack had a mall-date with friends. It was beautiful spending the morning with Reid. We ate a late breakfast and talked for a couple of hours.

We went to the grocery store and were putting things away when Reid asked the question I was waiting for. "Have you talked to Jim?"

That was the question. I cleared my throat.

"You really should. He was upset that he upset you. And I didn't know about Abby. He kept her a secret from me as well." Reid sighed. "You didn't ask but you had to wonder if I knew. I didn't."

I nodded. "Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I will try to talk to him this week. I've been a little sidetracked with the work stuff so I really haven't dwelled on it. I'm not as mad as I was. I know that I'll have to meet her soon too and I don't know what to expect. I have no idea how to act either. We weren't close, Reid. We're strangers. What if.."

Reid stopped me with a touch of his hand on my cheek. "Kitten, no what ifs. Let's wait and see. I'll be with you through the whole thing and Jim is your friend. He loves you. Can you just hear him out and let Abby explain? Maybe she's grown up?" He was so gentle.

I inhaled. "Okay." I tried to stay calm. "I'll...you already have plans, don't you?"

Reid smiled his 'Reid' smile. "What?"

I just chuckled. "When are we meeting?"

"Wednesday for dinner. I picked a place you've never been so that if it's a bad experience it won't taint our places." Reid kissed my cheek.

That was so thoughtful. "Reid..." I was amazed at him sometimes.

Reid kissed my mouth and hummed.

"Teddy, I love you." I sighed as he lengthened the next kiss.

My day out with Jack was so fun. He was full of energy as we left and was uncontrollable when he realized we were taking the bus. I just laughed as I paid our way.

I took pictures of Jack on the bus and at the museum and an employee took a few pictures of us at the front. No pictures inside as they weren't allowed.

We spent two hours walking around and quit for lunch. I took him to McDonald's and he was thrilled. You would have thought we spent the day at Cartier or Tiffany's. I spent a total of forty dollars total for the day and he was crazy about it.

"Utah, that was so great. Thanks for taking me. Did you see that painting in the abstracts! That purple one! Oh, and the one that looked like pixels! So amazing!" Jack wouldn't shut up as he rambled on. He really wasn't talking to me. He was just talking.

Reid became the target when we got home. Reid just smiled and nodded. He loved art too. I really didn't care for it but I loved watching them get all excited.

I wanted to make a date with Reid to go back to that art museum. He would love it too and that was something that I was just learning.

Thanks for reading!