Dirty Dirt

This became my normal day. I woke up to Reid calling me at freaking five thirty AM! We talked for thirty minutes while he worked out, got dressed and took 'me' with him to the kitchen and I talked to Jack while Reid ate. I loved it. Jack wanted me to visit again for video game night. I couldn't deny that it sounded fun.

Reid picked me up at six forty and I was walking into work by seven....every freaking morning. Jim met us with coffee and a Mt. Dew. I was grateful.

I changed my schedule so that I could clock in at seven forty-five, instead of nine. Reid or his driver drove me home. That was the first week. It was normal for a 'Reid' thing.

Angie met me the next Wednesday as I was cooking dinner. Two more days until my date with Reid.

"I want all the dirt!" Angie smiled. " Jim told me about Reid and I saw you meeting up with him in the lobby...every day!" She winked at me. "Dirty dirt! Is it dirty?" She rubbed her hands together. "Tara's coming! She parked the car!"

I sighed and started dinner as Tara walked in. "Dirt?"

She was sweet and so pretty. Her and Angie made a very gorgeous couple. When they went on dates, they would get hit on by guys all the time so they bought wedding rings to deter them. It actually worked a little.

I laughed at Tara and told them the story about Reid. "This just started, so calm down. We are taking this slow and there's nothing to tell. We are friends." I stirred some veggies.

Tara squealed and hugged me as Jim walked in. "Am I off the naughty list yet?" He sat and greeted Tara and Angie. "Smells so good!"

I chuckled. "You're forgiven. I know you were trying to help me. Now, I'm stuck with that crazy bastard!" My phone rang. I blushed and giggled as I answered. I hated myself.

"Utah, were you talking about me?" Reid was there.

I inhaled. "No!"

"Liar!" Reid just knew everything.

"You think you know everything!" I glared at the counter as I walked out. Tara took over cooking, thank goodness.

Reid chuckled. "Hey, I have a thing on Saturday, my cousin is getting married. Be my plus one?"

"Is that you asking me?" I glared.

"It is!" Reid chuckled. "Please? I had a date from before but she just got engaged. She's a cousin also."

"Oh, did you think I'd be jealous?" I smiled.

"I know you would." Reid stated.

"I'm too comfortable with you, Reid." I smiled.

"Good. So, Friday and Saturday? Pack a bag and just stay over again. Please? I'm not used to asking!" Reid exclaimed and sighed.

"Okay."

"I know that you think it's a bad idea but..." Reid stopped. "What?"

I laughed. "I said okay. I'll go. It's what friends do, Reid."

"Friends. I'm starting to hate that word, Darling." Reid warned me.

I sighed. "We can discuss that more later. I have friends over." There was a knock at the door. "And someone just knocked. I have to go!"

"See you later, Darling." Reid stated and hung up.

I rushed to the door since my friends were all talking in the kitchen. Another knock. I threw the door open and stared. Reid. Jack popped out from beside him.