The Days That Followed

I didn't sleep well and was awake with six cans of Mt Dew in me when Angie walked in. She was surprised. "I don't want to talk about it. Can we just get this day over with!" I growled at her. PS... I'm a huge Mt. Dew drinker. I don't drink coffee.

Angie nodded as she watched me with concern.

"Don't worry about it. Bad date. Jim." He was my explanation.

"Nuff said." Angie admitted. "Come on. I'll buy you a doughnut."

I sighed and followed. I ate my doughnut before I entered the building. Angie worked at the front desk so I was on my own all the way to my second floor. I expected the worst but I was alone in the elevator. Thank goodness.

I sat at my desk and felt relieved. My day was normal.

Normal, Normal, Normal!

I got up and went to lunch at a deli nearby. It was a block down. I called it in, like usual and planned on eating it at my desk, like normal. I was back into my routine when HE walked in. Reid and his freaking father. Great.

I tried to shrink and vanish into the wall. I did pretty well because they didn't look at me as they passed. I got my sandwich and practically ran from the deli. I did run, okay? I ran sprinting down the street like ravenous wolves were chasing me.

I ate at my desk and sent people to jobs around the building. I only left a couple of times and both times, I saw Reid.

I waved down a taxi at the end of shift almost expecting Reid to be driving it. Ha ha. He wasn't though. I was relieved.

The next day, I clocked in, said hello and goodbye to Angie and Jim and went to my desk. I worked. Computers were down today so I was working hard. I had to delegate some.

The day was going by quickly until I got a call from Jim. Remember that he is Reid's assistant? Right. "Hey, Utah, the conference room phone is down. Can you look at it?"

"Jim? Can't I send someone, I'm quite busy. Maybe the video guy or the IT guys!" I really didn't want to be on the same floor as Reid.

"Utah, I called you because Reid asked for you specifically. Like he said he wanted Utah Benjamin Julius. Dude, he knows your middle name!" Jim chuckled. "What all did you guys talk about! That must have been a hot date."

I was dumbfounded and stumbled on some syllables to get a sentence together. "Jim, we didn't talk! He stalked me on the internet! I didn't tell him and he knows my address!" I sighed. "I'm coming." I ran up to the conference room to fix the stupid thing that I had to fix to get it over with.

I thought I was in the clear but nope. I had just finished fixing the video phone, faulty wire, no big deal. I replaced it and was about to leave when the door opened and people were walking in. Reid was there too.

I fell to the floor and began to crawl from around the table to the other door. I tried to escape quietly. I didn't want any attention but the fates were against me.

"I see you." Reid's voice sounded entertained.

I sighed and stopped crawling. I felt so stupid as I stood. "Your video is fixed. Good day!" I tried to leave.

"Could you show us how to use it properly?" Reid asked.

I closed my eyes and inhaled. I wanted to say no. He already knew how to use it. But... "Sure." I proceeded to walk closer and show the group of people how to use the video meeting phone. I hated this day. I was so embarrassed that I was caught trying to crawl out of the room.

"What's your name, young man?" An older gentleman asked.

Reid smirked like the devil he was. "What is your name?" He asked like he didn't know.

I cleared my throat. "Uh.. Utah." I whispered it. "I need to go!" I rushed from the room and pushed the elevator button six hundred times. I couldn't breathe again as I dove into the elevator. Jim was no help. He just laughed at me like the jerk he was.

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading!