Why so shy?

-I did a shy! Reader x L but this time L is the shy flustered one~-

Another day, another night, and another boring weekat the HQ.

You sat back in your office chair swaying side to side looking at your computer monitor, tapping you pen on the desk.

Most of the other guys have left to go home for the day since most of them have been pulling all nighters. The only one was matsuda left and he was filing some paper work and files but he had just finished and started packing up his things and was on his way out.

You turn over and see it's L. Yay.

You were a fan of L before you started to work for him, but he never seem to like you. It hurt a bit to know your idol might not like you, but it's L and.. after getting to know him you pinned it down to either him not liking you or him being socially awkward.

Still, you tried to chat him with him in hopes you two could be better off.

And you kinda had a thing for him. Well in better words you were really into the insomniac detective sitting 4 feet from you.

"L, can i ask you a question?" You swayed in your chair side to side.

"Did you finish your paperwork?" He said chewing on taffy and looking at files.

You looked down at the paper working and seeing you had forms to sign and paper to highlight.

"Just have to dot some I's and cross some T's." You said looking over all the stuff you have to get done. "Anyways, L what do you do when no one is here working with you? Any free time hobbies?" You look over at him to see what he says but he just grabbed some chocolate dipped strawberries that look like it costed more than what you were playing for your studio apartment.

"I work y/n. When I get bored I looked over different cases or files sent to me and if I'm interested I keep working. I eat sweets and I might sleep for 15 minutes at most but then because of my insomnia I continue working. Is that all or would you like to hear what I do in the mornings as well." He answered quite  sarcastic.

"Haha." I rolled my eyes trying to think of something else. "One more question."

I turned my chair to face him and scoot a bit closer.

"Have you ever had a crush on someone?"

I could tell he was caught off guard by the question with the pause he took from eating the strawberries.

"I'm human y/n." He answered simply.

"Never would've have guessed! Anyways who was the girl that caught the eye of 'The worlds greatest detective L!" I look at him awaiting his answer but he doesn't even bother to look at me.

"I can't tell you who she is." He said in a monotone voice typing on his keyboard.

"Cmon you got me excited!" I frowned "why not-"

"Have you finished your work y/n." He cut me off.

Maybe I was annoying him more than I should of but someone who never talks to you and you're interested in is hard to just drop it.

I look down at my work and I finished all that work in such little time as if my life depended on it.

Under 5 minutes I finished half an hour of work and drop all the files and paperwork in front of L.

"Now tell me more about her." I leaned on his desk.

He just looked at all the papers i dropped onto his desk and didn't even look up at me.