Sorry, you got the wrong number.

"Ughhh I'm so tired!" Miya, a friend of mine, sitting in front of me groans.

We were working late shift and both of us were tired of paperwork and organizing files.

"Hey y/n we have like.. 20 minutes left and I'm already done with most of this stuff, you wanna do something fun?" Miya spun in her office chair.

"...I dunno Miya I think there another file drawer you could organize." I said looking up at her.

"Haha you're funny y/n l/n! Anyways you wanna call random numbers!" She said pulling out her old flip phone.

"What are we Miya? 12? Why do you still have that phone? Does it still work?" I took her old pink flip phone.

When we were in secondary school we used to use her old phone to call random numbers. She had it restart once she got a new one and we sometimes used it for prank calls or to text our then boyfriends.

"Cmon I found it earlier today and I charged it with the old charger!" She said.

I opened it and it did give me nostalgia.

"...fine. Let's do it." I sighed handing her the phone.

"Yay! Alright let's just say the first number that comes to mind and we'll dial the digits we come up with!" She said opening the phone and going to call.

I began.

"1."

"5."

"9."

"4."

"7."

"2."

"9."

Miya dialed the number and got a random business.

We got sent to voice mail and after a couple more calls, Miya  got a bit bored.

"Alright let's list the last numbers." Miya said.

"Alright...4."

We got all the numbers and as the phone dialed Miya got a call from her actual phone.

She answered the call and got up.

"oh alright, Ill be there soon."

"Hey y/n it's Lee, (miyas boyfriend) and I have to go get unlock the front door cause he got locked out again." She said getting up and grabbing her things.

"Oh alright. Well Good night!" I said.

"Night!" She walked out.

Right when she closed the door someone picked up.

"Hello?" I heard a voice over the phone.

"Oh my gosh uh hello?" I panicked a bit.

"I'm sorry, I believe you have the wrong number. Goodbye now."

"Wait hold on don't hang up!" I said trying to figure out what to do.

"How did you get this number. You shouldn't even be able to call this phone." I heard the voice get a bit stern yet a bit confused.

"Um well- I dialed random numbers into my friends old phone- something dumb me and my friend used to do- and well you answered!" I explained as fast and the best I could do hoping he wouldn't hang up on me.

There was a pause.

"...I see. Goodbye." I heard him speak but freaked when he said bye.

"Wait! um don't hang up please." I said panicked.