Leaving town

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V

It had taken them practically all night, but the children managed to keep themselves awake to formulate their plan.

As the murder crows flew like every other morning, they set out pushing the machine they had made to the jail they expected Jacques to be waiting for them to get him out.

Once they reached the back of the building they started to position the machine at the weak point they had sketched out of the wall separating them from his cell.

"Let's hope this works." Selena sighed brushing her hair out of her face watching as Klaus read the blueprint paper.

"According to the blueprints, the weakest spot on the wall should be here. Goodluck." He told Violet as she winded up the machine.

"I'm crossing both my fingers and toes." Arlo whispered beside them watching as the pickaxe hit directly against the wall cracking it a bit.

Violet continued to repeat her actions at a moderate pace as the others looked around. Time was flying by but they could make it.

Then the chubby man came running past them fast

"CountOlaf'sbeenmurdered!" he yelled in gibberish.

"What did you say?" Violet asked the question they all had on their mind.

Another lady ran past doing the same, "He said CountOlaf'sbeenmurdered!!" 

"What did they say?" Selena and Arlo asked at the same time walking up beside them watching her run off frantically.

"They said Count Olaf has been murdered." a familiar voice spoke from behind them sending chills down their spines.

There Olaf stood in his disguise smiling widely at the look of horror written on all their faces.

_________

With all the commotion, it was a downright miracle that the 5 found Mr. Poe near the crow statue looking confused as hell. Wait a dang minute...why is he back all of a sudden?

"Count Olaf's been murdered?" he asked them.

"Count Olaf hasn't been murdered at all. That's Jacques Snicket." Klaus corrected him.

They all watched with distraught expressions as the framed man was carried away in a wheel barrow covered in a white sheet.

"And he didn't deserve to die like this." Selena whispered wrapping her arms around herself.

Hector came up to them sadly fumbling with his hat, "Let's go, children. This is nothing you ought to see."

"Not so fast, daddy-o. It's not cool to dismiss suspects at the scene of a crime." Count Olaf suddenly barged in front of him.

They watched him suspiciously as he grinned.

Klaus spoke up, "Suspects? If anyone committed this crime, it was you-"