The House Of Freaks

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V

The carnival crew and children all sat down together in the morning bright and early eating their breakfast, when unexpectedly the door bursts open revealing Hooky dressed in a different apparel. 

"Five minutes! Five minutes till showtime!" he clanked his hooks together.

"At this hour?" Arlo tiredly fixed his mustache and stood with the rest.

"One of us! One of us!" Hugo excitedly yelled.

"Welcome to the house of freaks. Do you juggle or...." Colette trailed off.

Hooky looked at her weirdly, "I'm not a freak. I am a normal person with hooks for hands."

Kevin sighed flipping his pan on the stove, "Oh I envy you. Which hook do you favor over the other? And would you like some muesli?"

"I can't eat muesli."

"Don't be silly. We could use a welding gun to attach a spoon-" Colette began.

He waved his hooks frantically, "No I can't because I'm running around following orders. Now you freaks better put on a amazing show, because the boss is in a bad mood. Oh hey you! Can you do the card trick thingy again."

His eyes fixated excitedly on Selena and she awkwardly smiled, "Y-Yeah sure."

She shook her hands and told him," Focus on my hands."

After putting on a weird show she snapped her fingers, "And done. Check your shirt sleeve."

Indeed he found a card right there and gasped dramatically.

"AH! You have to take me up as an apprentice some time. Gotta run!"

She held up a hand glancing at Violet and Klaus, "No wait! You wouldn't mind divulging me in why your boss is in a bad mood?"

In any other situation he would have found it suspicious. But Hooky was in a rush and plus, what would a couple of freaks do with the information.

He bent down slightly, "Okay, Madame Lulu told him one of those blasted Baudelaire brats parents is still alive. It's a miracle!"

With that he left leaving the children shocked. Especially the Baudelaires.

Was it true? One of their parents could still be live? But...could they trust the words of Madame Lulu?

"We have to go after him. Come on." Arlo motioned to them snapping them out of their daze.

So the children followed after Hooky who didn't make it that far. He seemed very down in the dumps.

"Humph." he grumbled.

"What did you say?" Violet asked him immediately.

"Oh humph is an expression of mild disgust."