Chapter Three

"Who is she, Dick?" Bruce asked as he sat at his computer, Dick and Sarah had been working together for the last month.

"She never told me." Dick lied to Bruce.

"So you're just working with this Techna and don't know who she is?" Bruce asked skeptically.

"What can I say, she's good," he said brushing off Bruce.

Before Bruce could question more his computer went off with alarms, crime in progress. Once he left in his car Sarah walked out of the shadows, she smirked at Dick letting him know she heard everything. Batman would find no crime, Sarah hacked his system, to be fair, she made his system.

"You're lucky he didn't catch you," Dick said with a sigh, Sarah was getting bold to break into the cave.

"You're lucky I sent him away," she said with a confident smirk.

"You know he will know it's you now," Dick said, Sarah was the only one who could hack the bat computer.

"He won't at first, he doubts that stuff," she said walking towards the cave exit.

"I don't want you to end up like Jason," Dick said softly.

"I learned from the past if anything happens to me like that if my life is ever in major danger or my vitals become too weak Bruce gets an alert. Im not dying Dick, Jason will be the only family we ever lose," she said with confidence.

With her statement Sarah left the cave, she didn't go very far as she made her way to Jason's Grave. She dropped a Batarang on his grave and smiled sadly, he died today two years ago. She sat in front of the headstone her red hair fluttering in the cold winter air.

"I miss you, Jay," she said softly "I tried to avenge you, but Bruce stopped me. Then I ran away from everything."

Sarah stood up and sighed, she wouldn't cry, she promised Jason she would be strong for him when he left for that mission. Jason and Sarah were close, she often had nightmares of the crash that killed her parents and slept in Jason's arms. She was always safe around him, even at school if anyone bullied her he punched them in the face.

Sarah headed home unknown to her, she was being watched a 14-year-old boy named Tim Drake had taken an interest in Sarah. He knew she vanished two years ago and today Tim was certain that was Sarah Silver. So he followed her home, to a crappy apartment on the bad side of Gotham.

Sarah sat on her couch and put her face in her hands. She let her emotions out alone in her living room as she cried over the brother she lost. Sobs shook her body as her vision blurred from the warm tears.

A few hours later Sarah was asleep on her couch when Tim snuck inside. He saw her tear-stained face and she was clutching a photo close to her chest, he placed a blanket over her. This was the Famous Sarah Silver, the super genius who basically built half the bat cave.

He just wanted to look around to see what her identity was these days. He found a state ID and read the name Sarah Waldman, she had changed her last name. Tim heard a click, it was unmistakable, it was the cocking of a gun.

"Almost didn't notice you, the blanket gave it away," Sarah said, pointing the gun at Tim's head.

Tim turned slowly "so next time don't show affection for my new sister"

Sarah smirked and threw the gun to the side, it went off but instead of a bang, there were just bubbles. "Welcome to my home Tim"

"Bubbles, but it sounded like a real gun?" Tim asked confused.

Sarah let out a laugh "that's the point, don't tell me you weren't scared for a minute there."

"Bruce wasn't lying when he said you were a genius," Tim said with a smirk.

"Looks like dear dad chose a smarty for Jason's place," Sarah said walking towards her filing cabinet.

"I'm not a replacement, Batman needs a Robin," Tim said adamantly.

Sarah pulled out a file "listen you are family either way, and it's not you that I'm mad at."

Tim looked at Sarah confused when she handed him a file. "What's this?"

"My medical records, everything that I've been through since I ran away." Sarah explained, "if you tell Bruce im alive, give him that"

Tim didn't open the file, he wanted to but it didn't feel right, "why does he think you are dead?"

"Cause I died, for 4 minutes I just erased the record of my resuscitation," Sarah said simply now pushing Tim out of her house.

"Did Bruce find the guy?" Tim asked as he now stood outside the front door.

"Found, but never went after," Sarah said, shutting her door.

Tim laughed a little, she was better than he imagined, and she was definitely Bruce's kid. He headed back to the mansion and kept the file closed, Sarah's entire mystery in the file but he felt he shouldn't solve this one. He had to go out on patrol soon anyways.