Chapter Twelve

Sarah was in the Batcave with her Implant blueprints, she was drawing modifications to her original design. Terry was in Gotham's sky being Batman as new criminals came about every day. Bruce was directing Terry through the Batcomputer while also glancing over at Sarah. This had been the dynamic for 3 days now since Sarah Arrived.

"Do you feel like it's a dream?" Terry asked Bruce during a slow moment.

"What?" Bruce asked.

"Sarah, after all these years you get to see her again" Terry responded, he knew Bruce was affected greatly by her being there, he was being less grumpy.

"I almost don't want to let her go back," Bruce said looking over at his daughter, "but the world needs Techna."

Sarah stood up suddenly and began to grab various old gadgets around the cave. Bruce knew what this was, she was building her Implants. By the time Sarah finished her implants, Terry was back from patrol.

Terry was very alarmed when he saw Sarah with a scalpel and mirror about to open up the back of her ear. Terry gave Bruce an alarmed look, Bruce just gave him an "if you're worried, help her" look. So Terry walked towards Sarah, she turned around to look at him, having seen his reflection in the mirror.

"What are you doing?" He signed to her.

"Installing my artificial Eardrums" she sighed back before pointing to her implants.

"Should you do this yourself, without an anesthetic?" Terry signed back with a worried look.

"Would you like to help?" She signed to him.

Terry nodded, he knew no one should do open surgery on themselves. Sarah drew very detailed instructions on how to put the implants in and showed Terry. Terry grabbed medical supplies and began to follow her instructions as she was still, she never flinched or moved while her eyes showed pain and her body didn't move.

"How can she do this?" Terry asked Bruce.

"She never told me, but she was missing for 2 years between 14 and 16, whatever happened, it happened then," Bruce explained as he was going over the footage of the night's patrol.

Terry finished with the implants and began to clean and sew the wounds shut. Sarah smiled at him warmly once he finished and began to put away her tools. She held a single pulse electronic activator, it's what she designed for activating her implants.

She held the device to her left ear and sent out the electricity, the burning pain spread across her ear as she quickly did the second ear. Seconds later when the pain dulled she heard the flapping of bat wings. She looked at the bat that flew past her head with a bright smile, she could hear again.

"Strange, holographic technology, haven't seen anything this good in a few years," Bruce said to Terry talking about the newest criminal they encounter tonight.

Sarah turned and looked at Bruce, his voice sounded tired and old, but his commanding tone remained. A small smile spread across her face as she saw he didn't change much. She walked closer, listening to the two talk, a technological-based villain she could help with.

"She called herself Illusion, I couldn't trust my senses," Terry said with disappointment and frustration.

Terry sounded young, but he also sounded like Bruce. Sarah enjoyed his voice, it was like gentle wind chimes in a storm. Sarah hated silence so hearing Terry's voice after many months of silence brought joy to her.

Sarah ignored the rest of the conversation and walked towards her displayed suit, it had been so long since she put it on, she opened the door, the lock long broken from the years. She touched the red suit and her eyes wandered over to Terry's suit, red bat. She looked back to her suit and took out a can of spray paint, she was part of the family, she needed their coat of arms.

Terry and Bruce turned around to see Sarah spray painting a black bat on the Techna suit. Bruce smiled, he knew it was only a matter of time until she touched the suit, and from the Sarah, he saw back then, he knew this was her true beginning. Terry looked at the spray-painted bat in awe, he saw the beginning of the Techna he saw in the history books.

Sarah turned to the pair with a smirk "So tell me about this Illusion" she said, her voice strong and confident.