Chapter Eight

It was Sarah's 17th birthday, and Bruce had a whole large gala planned for her. He said it was to make up for missing the last 2 birthdays, but Sarah knew it was also for his image. Sarah was rebuilding Red Wing while she waited for Alfred to bring up her newly bought dress.

Red Wing was a stealth drone she built in middle school, except the cloaking device liked to explode after 5 minutes of use. So she put the project away and gave up, now she is trying it again. If she couldn't fix the cloaking device and add in a mind link, she could be Techna remotely through her drone.

Alfred came in with Sarah's dress "Miss Silver, your attire for this evening"

"Thanks, Alfred, don't work too hard, okay," she said, taking the dress from Alfred.

He smiled at her "I will do my best"

Sarah got dressed once Alfred left, it was a black elegant dress, she curled her hair so it had volume and bounce. She looked in the mirror and sighed, this wasn't her, even though she was born rich she hated this, she was the heir to Silver Pharmaceuticals, her father's company. She planned to sell the company to Bruce at 18 and disappear from view, not that she would tell Bruce that.

Sarah left her room to be greeted by her older brothers "There's the birthday girl" Jason said with a smile as he walked towards Sarah.

"It's the Zombie boy," Sarah said, hugging Jason.

"Hey! I thought we left that name behind!" Jason protested jokingly.

"Zombie boy? I'll have to remember that Red." Dick said joining the conversation.

"You sure do that Dick Man," Sarah said with a smirk.

"Ok, that was just mean," Dick said mocking hurt.

Tim walked in on the conversation "are you three always like this?" He asked, confused.

"No, sometimes I'm getting buildings dropped on me by Jason," Sarah said, sticking her tongue out at Jason.

"ONE TIME! THAT WAS ONE TIME!" Jason yelled in protest.

"So you are always like this," Tim said, confirming to himself.

The 4 headed towards the ballroom as the guests began to arrive. They all stayed mostly to themselves, with Sarah conversing with the board of her company. She had to keep appearances after all, once done with the boring business jargon she returned to her Brothers.

"I wanna sneak out," she muttered next to Jason.

"It's halfway done, let's get you some food," Jason said, directing his socially exhausted sister to the food table.

Sarah grabbed a strawberry and ate it. "Nope, I still hate strawberries."

Jason chuckled, "You hate almost all fruit, you're so picky."

Sarah was about to retort when she smelled something floral, guests started passing out. When Jason fell to the ground she looked around and saw Poison Ivy and Riddler. She was now glad Ivy made her immune to plant-based toxins and pheromones when she was kidnapped at 8.

"Ivy? Did you forget the immunity you gave me?" Sarah asked, she couldn't fight in this dress.

"Oh no Dear Sarah, we were relying on it. See we need your beautiful Brain." Ivy said walking towards me.

"Uhhh, no. I'm not helping you." Sarah said backing away.

"You don't really have a choice," Riddler said, circling behind Sarah.

"Ivy, you know better than anyone how much I always have a choice," Sarah said, talking about what happened when she was 8.

Ivy sighed, when she kidnapped Sarah years ago for ransom she quickly realized Sarah didn't enjoy being used. Realizing that she was needed alive Sarah got into Ivy's toxins, in an attempt to kill herself, Ivy had to give her immunity for her to survive. Two days later Batman had found them, Sarah never told Bruce.

"We will take proper precautions," Riddler said, grabbing Sarah.

"Like what?" she grumbled angrily.

Ivy picked up Tim and Sarah's eyes went wide, "I remembered you had a deep love for family, do everything we ask, and your little brother will be fine."

Sarah hung her head, "I'll comply."