Chapter Thirteen

Techna was standing on top of a, she thinks it's a mall but she's honestly not sure. Terry agreed to her coming out on patrol with him if she stayed behind and out of the way. So she watched Batman below fighting the Joker's, who names their gang that?

"The mallet chick with blond hair has a damaged right knee," Techna said over coms, shaking her head at the Harley Quinn wannabe.

Batman quickly kicked the woman in the knee, she buckled over and was now out of the fight, "how did you know?"

"Weight disruption, she was putting all the weight off the mallet on her left knee" Techna responded as her mask interface was tracking the fight. "Im also lazy and wrote a program to track this for me"

"Of course you did" they heard Bruce mutter.

"Shit, You scared me Batdad," Sarah said to Bruce, causing Terry to stifle a laugh.

"I forgot about that nickname" Bruce lied, he never forgot about it.

"Batman! Close your eyes!" Techna yelled out suddenly as reinforcements arrived.

Batman was confused but closed his eyes as he saw a flash from the other side of his eyelids. Techna was now next to him, a bo staff in her hands quickly taking down the reinforcements that arrived. Once the Joker's noticed what was going on they ran, Techna turned to Batman.

"I told you to stay back," he said trying to be angry, when it didn't work he sighed "Thanks, where did you learn to do that?"

Techna let out a laugh "it's almost like I was raised by Batman" she said sarcastically.

"That just sounded so weird" Batman muttered.

"No, see im not calling you Batman anymore because of that comment, I'm now calling you Beyond." She said crossing her arms.

"Let's go home, the sun is rising," Beyond said as he took to flying with Sarah right behind him.

***

Sarah was in her room working on some blueprints when she heard screaming coming from the living room. so she got up and walked towards the screaming, she could tell it wasn't Bruce and Terry. It was definitely Bruce and someone else, she knew she heard that voice before.

"WE AGREED WHEN SHE DIED THERE WOULD NEVER BE ANOTHER TECHNA!" she heard the voice yell, then realization hit her, Clark.

"And there is no new Techna," Bruce said calmly.

"Then who is this next to the new Batman" Sarah stepped around the corner to see Clark with a crumpled photo in his hand.

"That would be me," she said walking down the stairs.

The moment the words left her mouth Clark looked up at Sarah. Within seconds he had speed up the stairs pulling her into a crushing hug as if letting her go was impossible. She felt the tears on her neck, he was crying so she gently pats his back.

"Easy flyboy, im made of breakable material" Sarah joked.

Clark loosened the hug a little "how are you alive!" He exclaimed.

"Time travel, she's 17" Bruce quickly explained.

"And you let her put on the suit?!" Clark exclaimed, holding Sarah protectively.

"Uhhh uncle Clark, I've been Techna since I was 16," Sarah said confused.

Clark and Bruce seemed to have a conversation with their eyes before Bruce Spoke "She is trained Clark, she has dealt with Deathstroke. A simple gang is nothing"

"When did you hear about that?" Sarah asked, she never told anyone about her first appearance as Techna.

"Dick told the story at your funeral" Bruce responded.

Sarah looked sullen for a moment "well, I better get to reviewing that footage of illusion, also can you ask Dick if he wants to meet up for dinner tonight"

"Im sure he would love to" Bruce replied watching Sarah walk away.

"Are we going to change her future?" Clark asked as soon as Sarah was gone.

"The only thing we can do is train her better before she heads back" Bruce replied sullenly.

Clark nodded "Then I'm bringing in some friends of mine to help train her."