Chapter Thirty Three

"You'll be home soon Sarah" Damian whispered.

Her eyes widened as she heard Damian hiding in the vent to her left. They came, her plan failed and they came for her. She was both angry and relieved the fight in her reigniting like a wildfire in California.

A brighter smirk formed on her face and Ra's noticed this. "Something is wrong! She's smiling brighter!" He exclaimed.

"I want you to know something, gramps," Sarah said with all the strength she could. "I took out your virus LexCorp was making" she laughed before it turned into a cough as blood splattered on the floor.

"You!" He screamed angrily, gripping the sword in her stomach.

He pulled the sword out at the exact second she broke her wrist freeing herself from her bonds. She heard a gunshot and cursing and smiled as she slammed her head into Ra's nose. Placing her arm with a broken wrist over her open wound to slow the bleeding.

"Sounds like my family's here" her voice cracked weakly as her body started to scream at her.

At that moment Damian jumped out of the vent katana already drawn. Alice emitted a Shield over both of them so Damian could safely assess Sarah's injuries. Damian put pressure on Sarah's stomach wound when the door was kicked open by a very angry and trigger-happy Red Hood.

"Sarah," Jason said softly, "Close your eyes."

She closed her eyes and heard the gunshots ring across the room. Keeping her eyes closed she felt herself being picked up gently, her head placed into the person's shoulder, from the scent of gunpowder she knew it was Jason. Everything was silent as she felt herself slip away into unconsciousness.

"Call Alfred, tell him to prepare the med bay," Jason said, noticing Sarah passing out.

"Jason, what did you do?" Dick asked cautiously when he saw Jason.

"Grandfather will be needing a Lazarus pit," Damian said without any remorse.

"Did she see it?" Dick asked.

"No," Jason said softly.

Bruce was silent the entire drive back to the manor, he wanted to berate Jason for killing a man, but also what he did to Sarah... Bruce may have done the same. Bruce sighed, maybe certain situations deserve a pass. He looked over at Jason who refused to let go of Sarah.

"How is she?" Bruce asked knowing the answer.

"Holding on as hard as she can," Jason responded as he looked down at the wound his hand was firmly placed on

Bruce noticed this and stayed silent again as he saw the cave insight. Pulling in quickly Jason jumped out and immediately took Sarah to the med bay. From there Alfred began his work and Jason walked away grimly covered in his sister's blood.

Everyone sat in the cave distraught unable to say anything, how could they. They almost believed her plan and she almost died. Who could they blame? Damian for adamantly doubting? Sarah for fooling them and doing this alone? Or themselves for not realizing what Sarah was doing?

Alfred walked out a few hours later "Miss Sarah is stable, we can thank her heart implant for her survival."

A sigh of relief came from everyone. Jason stood up and walked into the med bay, sitting next to Sarah. He took her small hand into his softly and smiled, his little sister was safe, and at that moment that was all that mattered to him.