Chapter Fifteen

After two agonizing weeks, Sarah's Fever broke, two days later she woke up. Jason was on watch when Sarah woke up, he nearly crushed Sarah with a hug. Sarah was now regaining her strength so Bruce could mass vaccinate her.

Sarah was sitting in the Batcave uploading new software to the Batsuit. Her hair is a mess as she hasn't bothered brushing it yet, in an oversized t-shirt and sweat pants and barefoot. That's how Terry found her when he walked into the cave.

"You've definitely looked better," Terry said, then mentality cringed at what he said.

Sarah gave a weak laugh "if Bruce and Dick had their way I would be in a quarantine room." She said her voice cracking every other word.

Terry looked worried but gave a smile "what stopped them?"

"I promised I would lick everything in the cave if they even attempted that," Sarah said giving a smirk.

Terry let out a laugh "I think you are the only one in the world who can get away with threatening anything to Bruce, let alone licking the cave"

"Im just that special" Sarah teased, her mood improving.

Terry smiled, he had been more worried about Sarah's mental state. She did almost die after all, even if he read she was used to it, she was older in the files. He never thought he would care so much about someone who was destined to die young.

"Although, I miss how they were" Sarah spoke up after a few moments of silence.

"What do you mean?" Terry asked confused.

"Bruce use to never take no for an answer, Dick... actually he's calmed down, he use to be a lot more energetic and he hugged more. Jason was angrier, and always with his guns, he only showed his soft side to me. Tim was always working on a case, and man the coffee he drank, im surprised he's still around." Sarah explained smiling at the memories.

"So why don't you go back to them?" Terry asked noticing the happiness she felt thinking about her time.

"And leave you? I thought I was your partner out there?" Sarah asked confused.

Terry let out a laugh, "I'll be fine if you left, I want you to be happy, you deserve it after all."

Sarah thought for a moment, "I suppose I could figure out a way to go back, then I can use it after I'm sure you'll be fine without me."

Terry shook his head, Sarah was very duty-bound like he thought. Terry smiled as he watched Sarah go back to updating and installing software into his suit, with all she's been doing for him, he would be fine. Sarah was overly cautious and paranoid, some would say worse than Bruce, she planned for nearly every eventuality.

***

"I'M SO TIRED OF GETTING STABBED!" Sarah exclaimed as bruce injected another vaccine into her arm.

"I'm almost done, just 10 more left" Bruce explained patiently.

"Is it really safe to inject them all at once?" Sarah asked gritting her teeth as another vaccine was injected.

"You'll be weak for a few days and unable to go on patrol for a week, but you will be fine." Bruce said, grabbing the next vaccine. (Writer here, don't do this, this is a work of fiction so naturally, I have no idea if any of this is true)

"And my arm will be sore for years" Sarah muttered.

"In two weeks you will resume training, we have decided that you will skip Dick's training and go to Jason," Bruce explained prepping the next vaccine.

"Great more training" Sarah muttered unenthused.

"Have to make sure you can fight anything before going back to your time" Bruce explained as he injected another vaccine.

"Everyone thinks I'm leaving?" Sarah questioned.

"I mean, we don't expect you to stay with us forever, we can't provide or care for you in this time, so we decided to train you. Also, Tim had already built the time travel device." Bruce explained.

"How did he?" Sarah asked confused.

"By studying all of your blueprints" Bruce answered.

"When do I leave?" Sarah questioned.

" After your 18th birthday, you have 9 months to train up," Bruce explained to Sarah

Sarah smiled at the thought of going home, she had 9 months to secure the future of her family, then the rest of her life to protect everything here. To protect Terry... oh how she cared for Terry, more than she cared for her brothers, could this be the attraction Jason once warned her about. She had always had no interest in dating others or any attraction to others so these new feelings inside confused her.