Chapter Twenty Five

Sarah pulled her hair into a ponytail and adjusted her mini skirt. "I hate this shit" she muttered.

"The fastest way inside LexCorp is being hired as a lab assistant. Your alias is perfect in every aspect." Alice responded.

"Am I a fucking Viking now, who is Alva Jord?" Sarah asked exasperated.

"She's the name of a lesser-known Nordic Queen," Alice responded.

Sarah sighed "I should have given you a sense of humor"

"Your interview is in 30 minutes I recommend taking the Subway," Alice said.

"Yeah yeah, stay in standby here at home. Lex can detect you." Sarah said leaving the house.

***

"She left Gotham Father, I lost her trail shortly after that" Damian explained to Bruce.

"Knowing her" Dick cut in "she's working the case she mentioned"

"It might have something to do with why Ra's a Ghul wants her," Bruce said looking at all the facts they had.

"Hold up, Demon," Jason said, snapping out of his silence. "Did you really say that Sarah used guns?"

"Yes, she also told an assassin to relay the message 'suck my nuts' to grandfather," Damian explained.

"That sounds like something Sarah would say," Tim said, nodding.

"Why in the fuck would Sarah touch a gun!" Jason yelled, he couldn't get over that.

"What exactly did Sarah go through during the year she was missing?" Bruce asked.

"Only she knows" Alfred responded walking into the cave.

***

"So Miss Jord, explain to me a bit about yourself." The interviewer asked.

"I wasn't expected to live past 16, well I said screw that and built myself a heart implant. I don't take impossible as an answer." Sarah explained with a smile.

The interviewer smiled, "We love people like that, I will have to talk to my supervisor but I believe we can start you next Monday." The interviewer said standing up.

"That sounds lovely! I've wanted a new place to work since Wayne Tech fired me." Sarah said, adding the icing on the cake.

Sarah left the interview, she knew how to play people, and she just played that interviewer perfectly. Even if Lex Luther found out Sarah's identity he would go with the facade because he knows how smart she is. She had contingencies in place for if he tried to manipulate her.

Rule number one of infiltration, always have an escape plan. As Sarah left LexCorp she headed towards the Daily Planet, she needed an ally to pull her out of the shit.

***

Sarah sat on top of the Daily Planet roof her legs hanging over the edge as she watched the city below. She pulled out a sonic device and flipped it on, to Clark it would sound like annoying beeping. Within seconds Superman was behind Sarah on the roof, she flicked the device off.

"Who are you?" Superman questioned with hostility.

"Calm down Flyboy," Sarah said pulling her legs back onto the roof and standing. "Just wanted to say hello to a friend" she turned around to face him with a smile.

"Sarah? You're alive?" He asked, stunned.

"I didn't die, just fucked up my escape plan. I ended up somewhere very far away. I can't go home yet, and I'm operating in your city so I came to give you a heads up." Sarah said with a smirk as she fell backward off the roof, seconds later came soaring up in her suit. "I'll keep ya in the loop flyboy"