Chapter Twenty One

"Emma, cancel my dinner appointment tonight," Bruce said to Sarah, her alias was Emma Emerald.

"Will do Mr. Wayne, did your youngest get food poisoning again?" Sarah said she was poking at Bruce's terrible excuses.

Bruce just nodded and left, Sarah pulled up city surveillance, courtesy of Alice. Sarah saw the report, Mr. Freeze had made an appearance again. Sarah looked at the dinner appointment and sighed, if Bruce canceled dinner with the mayor again it wouldn't be good.

"Alice, I'm going to need a fancy dress. I'm going to dinner with the mayor." Sarah said standing up after clearing Bruce's schedule.

***

Sarah walked into the Skyline restaurant and up to the mayor's table "hello Mr mayor, Mr. Wayne sends his regards, a family emergency pulled him away. I hope you don't mind that I came in his stead"

The mayor looked up and smiled brightly at Sarah's figure and appearance, she did her research, he liked pretty young things. "Not at all miss..."

"Emerald, Emma Emerald," Sarah said, holding out her hand.

He shook it and gestured for her to sit down. "I must say, getting you for the night is much better than Bruce."

Sarah let out a fake laugh, she knew the real reason for this dinner was to pressure the mayor into resigning because he was crooked. With her Drone always cloaked around her everything was being recorded. She couldn't be Techna yet, but she could still help her family.

"You might disagree Mr mayor. See my employer has documentation showing you are taking money from the falconies under the table" Sarah said sharply.

"What!" He blurted out angrily.

"No use in denying it sir, my employer wants to give you a chance to resign. You have 1 week" Sarah said sharply pulling out a photo of the mayor and the mob.

His face grew red "you tell that Bastard that if he thinks he can threaten me-"

"You'll what? Attack his family? His mansion is a fortress, his kids are under guard or able to protect themselves, and if you think of attacking Wayne tech, there's me" Sarah said, turning away "enjoy your meal, and make the wise choice sir."

She left the restaurant with his angry yelling behind her with a smile on her face. She let out a laugh once outside, only a few months ago she could never have done that. Sarah headed to her safe house home as she screamed from behind her, the mayor was running after her in anger.

***

A week later the mayor resigned, Bruce found out what Sarah did but kept silent. Sarah however knew that he knew and she didn't care, the more he suspected, the easier this would be. Sarah was walking into Wayne tech now when she sensed a presence watching her, she recognized it, Damien.

She turned around and saw Damien getting out of the limo with Bruce, "Mr. Wayne! Is that your youngest?"

"Ah Emma, saving time I see, I need you to watch my son while I'm in my meeting," Bruce said, he was only half-serious. In truth he wanted someone to make sure Damien didn't do something reckless.

"Of course Mr. Wayne. Come this way little Wayne." Sarah said to the 10-year-old. She almost laughed at the glare.

"Time to have some sibling bonding with you sister Damian," Sarah thought evilly, oh she was going to annoy him without end.