Chapter Seventeen

Sarah looked at Jason's hand in disbelief, "Jason... that's a gun..."

"Yes and?" Jason replied, holding the gun out towards her.

"I don't like or use guns," Sarah said confused.

"You're still gonna learn, you may have to go undercover one day. I'm only gonna teach ya, sis. What you do with this training is up to you" Jason explained.

Sarah let out a reluctant sigh and grabbed the gun. It felt heavy and cold, so she wanted to drop it immediately. She knew Jason was right though, she should learn how to use them her life is bound to be crazy so knowledge will be her only tool.

"Alright, safety first, don't ever point at someone you are not willing to shoot," Jason said starting his lesson.

***

"I heard you started training with Jason today, how's it going?" Terry asked Sarah, trying to make small talk on their quiet patrol.

"Distressing, he's teaching me how to use guns," Sarah replied sadly.

"That sounds rough, you doing okay?" Terry asked concerned.

"I will be," she said giving Terry a smile.

"Illusion has been seen again, she's in metropolis" Terry explained going back to business.

"Has no one been able to catch her yet?" Sarah questioned.

"No, not yet," Terry said a hint of regret in his voice.

"To be fair most people these days are fairly susceptible to illusions and hallucinations," Sarah explained, she dealt with Scarecrow for most of her life, learning to see past the fear toxin wasn't easy.

"Sounds like you are speaking from experience," Terry said curiously.

"I had a rough childhood being raised by Bruce. Had to learn unusual things." Sarah explained.

"I can imagine," Terry said before wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Ter, we are on patrol, behave," Sarah said with a smile.

"I can't help it, I just wanna hold you S," Terry teased before looking over Gotham. "It's gonna be lonely when you leave," he said sadly.

"Wish I could stay." Sarah said softly, "but something tells me everyone already knows my future and I have to go"

"Let's head home Sarah, it's getting late and we both have to get up early," Terry Said avoiding Sarah's statement.

***

"Now pull the trigger Sarah" Jason instructed his sister.

Jason was currently standing behind Sarah his left arm outstretched steading Sarah's hands as she held the gun at the target. It had been a week and now Jason was teaching Sarah how to shoot the gun. He was meticulously careful as he spent 3 days on gun safety and 4 days on gun maintenance and repair.

Sarah was terrified, when she was 7, she was kidnapped by the Joker. He made her shoot and kill a police officer to save her brother Dick. Sarah has been terrified of holding a gun since. Over the years Sarah got over that she had killed, killing to protect never became an issue to her. When Joker killed Jason, she had no issues about killing him, in her mind, she was protecting the rest of her family.

Sarah never got over the fact she did it with a gun, so she never touched them, but Jason knew all of this so he was going to do this the right way. It was easy to teach someone how to kill with a gun, it was harder to teach someone not to kill. He knew that she did use guns eventually on undercover missions and something told him, he's the one that taught her.

"Ok... here goes nothing" Sarah muttered after she pulled herself out of her head, she pulled the trigger.

Yelping and dropping the gun from the loud sound, Jason hugged Sarah as she cried. He had a lot of work to do, and only a month to do it.

"Training is over for today. Go get some rest" he told her calmly.

Sarah shook her head and wiped away her tears "No, let's keep going. I can do this"

Jason smiled, she was getting stronger every day, maybe he would put off the Brother talk with Terry. "Alright then do it again, don't Drop the gun this time."