Chapter Five

Sarah woke up to the dark and the crushing pain of the rubble. With a groan, she calmed her mind and increased her power suit's strength output. She pushed the rubble off her body as she climbed out of it.

"Well, I may have to call Dick to patch myself up" she muttered to herself, holding her obviously broken left arm.

She took to the skies, flying home at a limp as her wings were damaged in the collapse. She opened her window with much trouble and fell into her apartment with a groan. Jason looked over, he had been waiting for 3 hours now, he saw a figure lying on the floor but didn't move.

"Fucking ow!" She exclaimed standing up. "Ok I need to recalibrate the wings, and I need to adjust the distress call for collapsed buildings." She muttered, pulled off her mask, and flinging it on the table. "Fuck! Stupid fucking Red Hood. Im gonna kick his ass one day." She hissed in pain and flicked on her lamp "when I'm not dealing with a broken arm and 5 broken ribs"

Jason watched in almost horror as he saw the back of Techna. His roommate was the woman he just blew up, but when she turned around and saw him. A whole new horror hit him.

"Who the fuck are... J-Jason.." Sarah said her eyes widened as she saw him.

"I...I blew up my sister!" Jason said in horror standing up.

In just a few seconds Sarah understood who the Red Hood is "You're alive! And you blew me up!" She yelled at him.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" Jason fumed "I READ YOUR OBITUARY, YOU WERE DEAD!"

"ONLY FOR 4 MINUTES! I NEEDED BRUCE TO FUCK OFF!" Sarah screamed at Jason.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEEDED HIM TO FUCK OFF!" Jason screamed, all reasonable talking for the two gone as they had a screaming match.

"HE DESTROYED MY LEFT EAR DRUM STOPPING ME FROM ELECTROCUTING THE JOKER" She screamed back.

"Wait really?" Jason said, confused.

"Yeah he punched me," she said as her adrenaline started to die down.

Jason walked forward and hugged Sarah, "I missed you little sister, and I loved the muffins"

"Ow, I missed you too Jason, but ow." Sarah hissed in pain "you did drop a building on me"

Jason didn't waste another second as he guided his sister to the couch and began to patch her up. Once he was done he pulled her into his arms and refused to let her go. He didn't want to lose her again, so she fell asleep in his arms.

Jason smiled down at her, she was 16 and already flipping Bruce off by being a hero. His smile faltered, she was only 16, she shouldn't be out there in danger. She shouldn't be living on this side of town either, he chose here cause no one asked questions but it was beyond dangerous.

Jason made a decision, once he had his final showdown with Bruce, he would hint at Sarah being alive. Once Bruce finds Sarah she will go back to the safety of the manor. His sister had to be safe, and this vigilantly shit, not for the scared girl he held at night.

Jason eventually fell asleep on the couch with his sister, but the next morning she had vanished. He looked around worried when she walked through the front door carrying groceries. He let out a breath of relief when he saw her.

"Wait, did you just worry about me?" She asked with a laugh.

"It's very possible I just did," Jason said with a smirk.

"Well I needed groceries," Sarah said, starting to put them away.

"And you are still injured, let me," Jason said as he but in to put away the groceries.

"Your so pushy" She muttered letting him do it as she sat down and fixed her sling.

"And you're reckless" Jason retorted with a smirk.

Sarah smiled at Jason then began her job, she sold blueprints to various companies. Most to Wayne tech, but she knew Bruce never saw them. So she sat on her couch drawing a new blueprint as Jason went back to his apartment in silence.