Chapter Eighteen

Sarah sat in her room, her door was locked. She hadn't left her room for the past 2 days. She couldn't face people, her face was stained in her tears.

All Sarah could see was her memory, her first and only kill. The moment she pulled the trigger, the nod the cop gave her. He told her it was okay, that he didn't blame her, that its not her fault.

The cop's family didn't even blame her either, and that's what made it harder. No one blamed her, no one got mad at her. She hated herself that she wasn't strong enough to turn the gun on Joker.

All the training with Jason dragged up these old memories and emotions. Sarah barely registered the click of her lock and her door swinging open. Terry, who had not stopped trying to get Sarah to let him in, got impatient and picked the lock.

"Oh god, Sarah," he said softly, walking towards her.

"Why does no one blame me? I killed him." She cried out staring at Terry.

Terry just smiled softly and hugged Sarah. "No one can blame a child for being forced to do anything." He whispered.

Sarah melted into his arms shaking with sobs. Terry frowned, her brothers were going too far with their training. Scary Bat-Family or not, no one turned his girlfriend into a crying mess.

After a few hours, Sarah fell asleep in Terry's arms. He tucked her into bed gently and silently left the room. Terry walked into the Batcave, he was pissed.

Jason was leaning on a training dummy checking his gun "I don't think she's coming today either" he said to bruce.

"She's not, she just cried herself to sleep, but you wouldn't know that. Neither of you went to check on her!" Terry said angrily.

"She doesn't need to be checked on, she's strong enough to deal with her emotions," Jason said brushing Terry off.

"No, she will be, that's not the Sarah you remember. That's the Sarah who became a hero out of spite, that's the Sarah who hasn't found her strength yet!" Terry yelled clenching his fist.

Jason growled, "Fuck you!"

Terry didn't think, he just acted when he swung his fist into Jason's face. Jason stumbled back, he wouldn't admit this, but Terry knew how to punch. Jason didn't punch back, he knew Terry was right, he had pushed Sarah hard despite her PTSD.

"Fuck off Mcguiness " Jason spat walking away.

Jason walked to his sister's room, he stopped short of the door. He sighed, Sarah was always emotionally troubled, everyone in this family was, but she seemed to deal with it better. It had been so long since he needed to comfort her, he forgot that she still needed family love.

Jason opened the door softly and saw Sarah drenched in sweat having a nightmare. Jason sat down in the chair next to her bed, letting out a deep sigh. He did this to her, no not just him, all of them.

"I understand why you were so much colder when you came back," Jason said softly to Sarah.

Jason put his head in his hands, he felt sick, they hadn't worried about Sarah's present, but her future. He was done, he managed to regain his sister, he shouldn't waste this chance but attempt to change fate. Jason placed his hand on his sister's head with a sad smile.

"No more training, you have a lot ahead of you, just enjoy your months," he said to her before leaving the room.