Chapter 34

Tris POV
I wake up before tobias and it's already morning. I sit up and look at him, he's so peaceful when he sleeps. You couldn't be able to tell how much this man has endured. I get up and get dressed for the day, I walk out to the kitchen and then remember one thing. Luca. I write tobias a quick note saying where I am, knowing him.. If I'm not here and he doesn't know where I am he'll freak. I leave it on his dresser and walk out. I get to Christina's apartment, and knock. She opens it up covered in batter and apple juice I'm hoping.

"Hey!" I say. "Hey." She says annoyed. "How is everything??" I ask walking in. "Been better." She snaps. I see will and luca in the other room, will looks the same as chris, luca though is surprisingly clean. "Can I ask what happened??" I say walking over to luca. "Well.. We tried cooking for him. But he wouldn't eat! None! And then when we would walk close to him, he'd spray us with juice!" She yells. Thank god it's juice. I look at luca and he's staring at his shoes. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" "He wasn't like this last night though." Will adds. "Well let's go luca. I'm sorry again." They nods and chris gives me a reassuring smile.

We get back to the apartment, luca walks in quiet. "Luca.. We're gonna talk about this." I say and he goes to his room. "Tris!" Tobias says walking out of the bedroom. "Hey. How are you doing??" I ask. "I'm fine." He answers. "What with luca?" He asks. "He made a mess and a problem at Chris's." I say and his eyes widen. "It's fine I'll just.. Talk to him or something. "No I'll talk to him." He says. "No! I can!" I say but he's already walking to his room. I stay out in the kitchen and tobias comes out 10 minutes later. He doesn't look at me, he just starts for the front door. "Tobias!" I say and grab his arm to make him look at me. "What happened?" I ask. His eyes shift to look at me. "I'm him." He says and walks out. I stand there knowing what just happened.

I walk into Luca's room and he's crying in his bed. "What happened?" I ask pulling him onto my lap. "He yelled." He whispers. I kiss his head. "It's okay. He didn't mean to. He's been having a hard week." I explain and he nods. "I'll be right back." I say and walk back into the living room. And I spot him on the balcony, I walk out and wrap my arms around him. He covers my hands with his. "You're not him." I say. He turns to me, "I explained why you yelled okay. Just go talk to him." I say and he nods. He doesn't move but he will eventually, I know it.

"I remember being out here with you after my fear landscape." I say and he smiles. "Four and six." I say and he kisses me. He pulls back and walks in.