Chapter 95

Tris POV
I wake up to the sight of my sleeping husband next to me. He's sleeping on his stomach like he does sometimes, and in a way I guess it's habit from his childhood.

I smile looking at him in this form, it would seem as if nothing in his life was wrong. Nothing hurt him as hard as it did, that he was never given the scars and pain on the degree that he was.

I get out of the bed slowly and quietly trying not to wake him- even though he's a heavy sleeper.

We're back in Dauntless, and in our lovely apartment with Mira. It's been two weeks since our week long honeymoon and three weeks since our beautiful 'secret' wedding.

I walk into my daughter's room and see she too, like her father, is still asleep. I walk over to her crib and lightly pick her up, cradling her in my arms. I sit in the rocking chair in the corner of her room, staring down at the angel in my arms.

I don't know how long I sit there, reminiscing and thinking about everything.

"She looks so much like you." I hear a deep voice only to be registered as Tobias's. I turn to see him leaning against the door frame. He must've just woken up, not just from his appearance but from the sleepy rasp in his voice.

"I think she looks more like you than me.." I tell him placing a kiss on her forehead.

"She more like you than me. She has heart that you have, I can already tell." Tobias says and I smile.

"What about the qualities you gave her?" I ask knowing that she has a mix of both of us- in both looks and the type of person she is.

"There's not many good ones." He says scratching his head, then running his hand through his messy hair.

"What are you talking about??" I ask shocked. "She's going to get her strength and confidence from you." I say. "That's all you." Tobias states.

"She'll get the sweet quiet side from you." I tell Tobias, and watch him make a face.

"I'm serious. You aren't like some Dauntless where you have to be loud and rude to everyone. I mean when it's initiates it's different. But you've got a sensitive side, and I think she'll take after that."

"Well thank you." Tobias says and walks over to give both his girls a kiss.

Mira starts to stir in my arms and her eyes that she got from her daddy open. "She's so beautiful." I whisper and feel Tobias rest his chin on the top of my head from behind.

"Yeah she is." "Do you want to hold her?" I ask getting up.

I place in Tobias's larger arms and he takes a seat where I was, with Mira close to him.

They look at each other, her looking up at him adoringly and him looking down at her with fatherly love.

"Da" Her little voice gurgles. She's been making noises all week but never full words.

"Dada." No words till now.

I look at Tobias wide eyed that she just said her voice and Tobias didn't even have to tell me what he's feeling. Because the tears in his eyes say enough.

"She said Dada." Tobias says and looks up at me.

"Yeah." I say feeling like I want to cry.

I kiss him softly. "We both love you so much Tobias." I whisper against him cheek, kissing the one tear that falls.

A/N: Hey all! So this is a short chapter... sorry. I wanted something sentimental and sweet for my final chapter before the epilogue--which I can say that I'm very excited about. It's coming soon... so be ready!! (: I'll also post an author's note after it like I did in some of my other completed stories! Thanks and Luv to all!❤️