Chapter 56

Tris POV
Its been a week, and today is my first appointment for the baby. Tobias made sure luca had somewhere to go, and he made sure he had the day off, he really wanted to go. "Tobias are you about ready?" We're going to be late if we don't leave soon, I've been ready for two hours. "Yeah, yeah." I hear him say. I roll my eyes and go try and find him. I end up finding him back in the bedroom for the seventh time today.

"You're dressed. Now let's go." I say pointing to the door. "What about a baby bag? Do we need a list of what you've eaten? What about a sweater? If the baby gets cold-" I cut him off by laughing. "Honey, stop. You're overthinking everything. Take a deep breath, and if it makes you happy I'll take a sweater." I say going to the closet and grabbing a black sweater. I kiss his cheek and we finally leave.

We get there and there is a smiling lady at the front desk, it's odd for dauntless. "Hi!" She says like an amity. Her personality screams it but her appearance is dauntless, piercings, tattoos, black. "Hi. We have an appointment." I say. "Name?" She asks. "Tris Eaton." I say. I feel Tobias wrap an arm around my waist, probably because I used his last name. I know we're not married yet, but I like using it, or at least getting used to using it.

"Alright. Fill this out, and the nurse will call you in a bit." She says handing me a clipboard with a paper attached. "Thanks." I say and we go take a seat. "Alright. Names." I say aloud as I fill it out. I write our names, "Faction? What faction do they think?" I say while writing dauntless. I fill out more questions when the nurse calls out "Eaton?" Yep, still getting used to it. "Ready?" Tobias asks while we get up. I nod and we walk back with her.

"I'm Kristen." She says introducing herself. "Hi. Tris." I say shaking the hand she held out. "Four." Tobias says giving a slight nod, he still isn't great with people, as I would out it. He's just an intimidating person, not to me of course. "Here we are." Kristen says opening a door for us that leads to small room. "The doctor will be in shortly." She says shutting the door on the way out. I look around and there are posters and examples of things, baby information. Tobias can sense my nervousness because he rests a hand on my thigh. "Relax tris." He says. I nod, and look at the door as it swings open.

"Tris and four right? I'm Doctor Macklin." He says introducing himself, I shake his hand and surprisingly four does too. "How are we today?" He asks. "Okay." I answer. "Symptoms today?" He asks. Four looks to me as well, since he doesn't know all of them. "Well I had a little morning sickness earlier. And I'm more tired I guess." I admit. "Cravings?" He asks. "Strawberries." Tobias and I answer at the same time. The doctor chuckles, and writes some things down.

"How far along do you both believe you are?" He asks. I look at Tobias, "A month." He answers. The doctor writes it down, then washes his hands in the small sink in here. He dries them then walks over to me. "Lie down." He says. I lay back and Tobias comes and slide a pillow under my head. "What are you doing?" He asks as he grabs a gown from the cabinet. "I need your wife to change into this."

I like the feeling of being considered his wife, it sends a warm feeling through me. "Why?" He questions. I grab his hand trying to tell him to calm down. "It's too early to get a ultrasound if you think that's how far along you are." He says handing me the gown. "I can check a different way." He says without going into detail, I understand but Tobias doesn't.

"I'll let you change, and Mr. Eaton, if you'd like more information you may follow me out into the hall." "Damn right I do." He says and I know he's getting upset. "Four." I say and he looks at me. The doctor walks out but waits outside the door. "Calm down. And at least try to act just a bit respectful." I say knowing that's not possible with this guy. He nods and walks out.

I change into the gown, it has two small ties in the back which I was able to tie myself. I get done before four and the doctor come back in, and from what I can hear, the conversation is not going well. I can only put together bits and pieces of it, but all I can really understand comes from Tobias's tone. The door opens and they both walk in, the doctor goes to wash his hands again and I watch Tobias take a seat, running his hands through his hair. "Alright tris, I need you to lay back for me." He says. Tobias gets up and walks over, standing behind my head looking down at me.

************

"Thank you doctor." I say sitting up. He leaves and I go to get dressed, Tobias supposedly shields his eyes. We exit the clinic and head home, Shauna said she'd drop luca off in about an hour. "What are you thinking about?" I ask Tobias while sliding my hand in his. "Nothing, just.. I'm not really sure." He says. I can see the wheels turning in his head, grasping all the information we got and what we're supposed to be doing.

"Are you nervous?" He asks me after a moment in silence. I think about it, then I answer. "Yes." I say simple as that. He stops which makes me stop, we're in an empty hallway. "I thought I was the only one." He says looking me in the eye. I smile. "Well, You're not." I tell him.

He leans me against the wall and presses his lips to mine, the fuzzy warm sensations flowing through me again. I run my hands through his hair as his arms wrap around my back. Being with him, it's like some sort of ride. I know what I'm getting myself into, but then again I don't. Things take me by surprise, good and bad. But all together, the experience of being with Tobias, is worth the world. And his love, the love that keeps me going everyday, the love that keeps me grounded and whole, is the best thing I've ever had.

(A/N: Hey all!! This is the longest chapter I've ever written - so far- in any of my three stories!! 1142 words! So happy! Thanks!)