Chapter 89

(A/N: Hey all! The pic on the last chapter, just shows what she looks like throughout the years. I'm not making huge time lapses right now, just wanted to let you all know. ALSO... It's a shorter chapter but hopefully a short feels filled chapter!❤️)

Tris POV
To say that the first night was smooth and easy would be a lie. It's was hard... not for me of course. Tobias wanted to be the one to get up during the night if she woke up, and I knew that it would be hard but she was up a lot last night.

But whenever I was ready to get up, he beat me to it. Telling me to go back to sleep, that I needed the rest. Now the bags under his eyes would say the same about him- I felt bad.

I did get up once though. I heard crying and felt a cold side of the bed, signaling that Tobias was up with her. The clock read 3:47am, and I got up grabbing a sweatshirt and walking to her room.

"I told her there as we were climbing, I told her my fear of heights. And I never really told anyone that." I hear a male voice say.

"She didn't judge me though, even when she commented that she didn't think I was afraid of anything." Tobias.

"No one can be fearless. Everyone's afraid of something, it's just how life is." He tells the little baby cradled in his arms.

"But that doesn't mean you have to go through that fear alone, when you discover one of your fears... I'll be there for you." He tells her, and I can just imagine her looking up at her father, taking in the fact that he'll be there for her. Never leaving her.

"I'm never going to hurt you. I promise you." Tobias says and I can hear the nerves and cracks in his voice.

He's shirtless, wearing his normal black boxers and grey sweatpants. He's barefoot, his toes touching her light grey rug. I catch a glance of Mira, she's in her pajama's that Tobias put her in. She swaddled though, and curled close to him.

"Your mommy and I love you. Not only because you're our daughter but because you're our miracle." Tobias walks over to the rocking chair in the corner and sits down with her still in his arms.

"Your mommy was told that she wouldn't be able to have a child, that there was a slim chance. And you come along..." He says, and I know he has to be holding back tears because I have to.

"Your mommy was put through so much pain and unbelievable things, and you were there in here. Holding onto her, and we didn't even know." Tobias says and it's true.

"I told your mommy when we found out about you, that I hoped you were a girl." He speaks with such love and care in his voice.

"And when I found out you were... I was finally getting my baby girl." Tobias tells her, and smile creeps up on my face.

"I love you Miracle Lucas, forever I will." Tobias whispers to her but I can hear it. He walk back to put her in her crib and I tip toe back to the bed.

I get in and Tobias comes in shortly. His side dips down as he gets under the covers with me.

"I love you." I whisper to him and he wraps his arms around me. Locking me in his love embraced prison.

"I love you too angel." Tobias whispers back, kissing my temple. "More than you know."