Ch. 12: Wanted

"Kiara Cartier."

Chapter 12: Wanted

"Good morning, love," Fred pecked Kiara's lips as she cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast. She smiled at him.

"Good morning," Kiara echoed, dividing the portion of eggs carefully across three plates before adding two pieces of buttered toast to each.

"Did you make up then?" George asked loudly, following Fred and sitting at the table. "Or, did Verity die some catastrophic death? Honestly, I'm hoping for the latter." He added hopefully. Kiara snorted.

"Don't be ridiculous, George," Fred frowned, taking the Daily Prophet from a pristine owl that stood on the windowsill, placing a Knut into its pouch before it took off. He tossed the folded newspaper at George's head, hoping that it would make contact but fortunately, he caught it.

"I sense a bit of attitude," George remarked, drinking his orange juice. Without warning however, he spat it out immediately. "What the hell?"

"I made it fresh so it has pulp, don't be fussy," Kiara scolded, glowering in his direction.

"No, it's not that. Look at this!" He smoothed out the paper on the kitchen table, revealing a large photograph of Harry's face on the front page with the headline:

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING ABOUT THE DEATH OF ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

"'The Ministry of Magic is seeking for any information as to the whereabouts of Harry James Potter for the questioning about the death of Albus Dumbledore on 30 June 1997 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Eyewitnesses from the night in question have revealed newly-found evidence that Potter was sighted running away from the scene moments after Dumbledore fell, jumped or was pushed from the Astronomy Tower at the school,'" George read aloud, slamming the Prophet back onto the table.

"The news keeps getting better and better," Fred commented, referring to the public announcement from the previous day that attendance at Hogwarts is now compulsory for every young witch and wizard.

"Wait," Kiara exclaimed, pointing to a small box at the bottom. "'Turn to Page 4 for information about Potter's recent kidnapping." George turned the page and the three gasped in surprise, a large photo of Kiara's face filling the page.

MALFOY DAUGHTER MISSING

"Love..." Fred said wearily, watching as Kiara's eyes turned red as she ripped the Prophet from George's grasp, reading the extract.

"Kiara Malfoy, age 17, daughter to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy has been reported as missing. She has not been sighted within weeks and hasn't returned home after the end of the schooling term at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her last public sighting was at her place of work, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley.

'We believe that she has been kidnapped by Potter, who has done so to punish and torture our family," Lucius Malfoy explained to the Prophet outside of his home in Wiltshire. "Potter recently gave evidence against Severus Snape for Albus Dumbledore's death, a man whom he has a notorious grudge. It is no secret that Potter has a grudge for our son, Draco, and therefore, our family, which he has clearly taken out on us by taking away our daughter. Please, bring her back to us-,'"

Kiara couldn't continue, her hands shaking with rage. She couldn't believe or fathom that her father blamed Harry for her disappearance, particularly on a public level. It was meticulous and carefully planned; an effort by Voldemort and the Death Eaters to encourage people to look for Harry and consequently, herself.