Ch. 14: Stuffed Toys

"Kiara Cartier."

Chapter 14: Stuffed Toys

The day after the Hogwarts Express departed Kings Cross station was a quiet one. The shop floor of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes was absent of all Hogwarts students which gave its workers the opportunity to start organising their products and store. As such, George and Lee were manning the shop with customers and moving around products into different sections, to change up the store a little. Meanwhile, Kiara and Fred were in the back room, trying to invent new products to boost the popularity of the store.

"Does George have anything new written in the journal that I got him for Christmas?" Kiara suggested, twirling her wand in her hand. Fred shook his head, tossing it at her.

"He hasn't written in it for a while, since before the wedding. I think he's been mentally preoccupied with other things," Fred said softly, admiring Kiara as she flicked through the pages, lost in thought. He was meant to be coming up with new ideas but he was momentarily distracted by the way that her nose scrunched up when she was concentrating.

"Such as?" Kiara asked absentmindedly, without looking up.

"The Death Eaters that have been walking past every day. The gangs of Snatchers that attempt to grab any muggle-born or blood traitor," Kiara frowned at Fred, looking up from the journal. She didn't expect him to bring up something so dark and low-spirited. "I'm sure you've noticed them as well."

"Yes, I have noticed them," Kiara confessed. "But, I'm not afraid of them. I'm safe here, aren't I?"

"The safest you'll ever be," Fred assured, watching as she smiled.

"We should try and keep building our defence products," Kiara suggested. "You just said it yourself. There are Death Eaters and Snatchers everywhere. We've come up with Shield Hats, Shield Cloaks, Shield Gloves. What about Confringo Cubes? Stunning Spheres?"

"I'm listening."

"How many Ministry of Magic workers couldn't cast a simple Shield charm?" Kiara pointed out. "Imagine how many witches and wizards can't protect themselves with duelling spells?"

"So, we make a few products that do the spells for them?" Fred added, grinning.

"Exactly," Kiara said excitedly. "And... And, we should continue with our owl order for our students at Hogwarts, especially with Snape as Headmaster and the Carrows as teachers. There will be Gryffindors, even Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, who will want to cause havoc in the same way that we did when Umbridge was Headmaster."

"The mail will be searched again," Fred pointed out. "How will we be able to send it in?"

"Disguises," Kiara mused, playing with her brown hair. "I distinctly remember you and George using cough potions and perfume bottles to disguise the love potions. Let's use that. We can hide our Skiving Snackboxes, Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder Mini Minties and Never-Melt Ice Cubes in candy wrappers. We can use stuffed animals by stuffing our products inside. We can put our Decoy Detonators in fake Golden Snitches. We can sell our shield items and disguise them using the House Colours-," She stopped speaking, realising that Fred was watching her with a smile. "I'm sorry, I'm rambling."

"I'm so in love with you, Miss Malfoy," Fred said softly, causing Kiara to blush.

"That is so... We're meant to be working, Fred," Kiara slapped his arm playfully.

"I know," Fred answered. "It's just an observation."

"I'm in love with you too, Fred," Kiara kissed him before scribbling her notes in George's journal. "And... As for a new prank product, what about anti-gravity gum? It'll make people float as if they're in space."