Ch. 5: The Last Will and Testament of Albus Dumbledore

"Kiara Cartier."

Chapter 5: The Last Will and Testament of Albus Dumbledore

On the 31st of July, Kiara skipped down the stairs to an awkward Harry who was being wished happy seventeenth by everyone at the Burrow. "Harry birthday, Harry!" Kiara cried, wrapping her arms around him tightly. "I hope you enjoy the present!"

"Arthur told me to wish you a happy seventeenth, Harry," Mrs Weasley beamed at him. "He had to leave early for work, but he'll be back for dinner. That's our present on top."

"Well, open them!" Ron exclaimed excitedly, eager to see Harry's gifts more than Harry was. Harry beamed as he pulled off the wrappings from Kiara's gift, revealing Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, Shield Cloaks, Decoy Detonators, Pepper-Up Potion, Antidote to Common and Uncommon Poisons and Extra-Strength Solar Defense Elixir. It was different to what Fred and George gave Harry as she knew the mission that they would be undertaking and planned the present accordingly. "Thank you so much, Kiara."

For the rest of the day, Kiara spent most of her time assisting Fleur with the final wedding preparations. They discussed makeup, hair, seating and the final decorations that would need to be organised for the next day. She even missed the arrival of Charlie Weasley and the amusement that he provided as Mrs Weasley forced him into a chair and announced that he was about to get a proper haircut for the first time in years.

That night, Harry's birthday dinner was celebrated outside in the garden where several tables were placed end to end as Charlie, Lupin, Tonks and Hagrid arrived at the Burrow. Hermione made purple and gold streamers erupt from the end of her wand and drape themselves artistically over the trees and bushes. Fred and George bewitched a number of purple lanterns all emblazoned with a large number 17, to hang in mid-air over the guests, similar to the candles in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. George was no longer wearing a bandage around his head. Instead, his wound was neat and clean and he had a dark hole in the side of his head. Together, the twins made constant jokes about it, referring to it as a 'blackhole' or the 'hole to the universe.'

Kiara noticed the awkward tension between Harry and Ginny as they caught each other's eye across the table and looked away almost immediately. She wondered if Ginny gave Harry a birthday present and whether there was an underlying notion to the gift that made them embarrassed to share words and looks. She couldn't speak to Ginny privately however, considering the garden was nearly full of Harry's guests. She sat in between two empty seats as Fred and George waited at the end of the lane outside the house, bringing in Lupin, Tonks and Hagrid as they arrived.

"Out of the way, out of the way!" Mrs Weasley sang, coming through the gate with what appeared to be a giant, birthday cake in the form of a Snitch floating in front of her.

"That looks amazing, Mrs. Weasley."

"Oh, it's nothing, dear," She said fondly. By seven o'clock, all the guests had arrived with Fred and George leading them. Hagrid was wearing his best, and horrible, hairy brown suit. Oddly enough, Lupin looked unhappy while Tonks, beside him, looked simply radiant. Perhaps, it was nearing the full moon, Kiara thought to herself. Immediately, Fred made a beeline for the vacant seat next to Kiara but another red-headed Weasley took the spot before he could.

"Well, Kiara Malfoy," Charlie grinned, running a hand over his new, brutally short haircut. He was the only Weasley sibling that Kiara hadn't met, as he lived and worked in Romania with dragons since he finished school. As such, he had burn marks and scratches up his muscled arms. "Charlie Weasley, I don't believe that we have had the pleasure of meeting. You see, I think I would remember a girl as beautiful as you."