Chapter 27

D P.O.V.

"Omari! What? How?" I stuttered. Everyone behind me stood frozen. Omari stood up quickly and backed up against the wall, as if he was alarmed. Nina was laid out on the bed with a breathing tube down her throat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. I was even terrified to look him in the eye. I didn't know if he was still angry or not.

"Omari-!" Kiah cried. New tears rolled down her cheeks. She was hurt, I could tell in her eyes. Brian comforted her while she sobbed hysterically.

Omari finally said something. He sighed and said,"I accidentally shot her." He replied quietly." I'm sorry. I let the anger get the best of me, I mishandled the gun and it went off when you came through the door."

There was a knocking at the door. Brian went to open it and the doctor came in.

"The cops are here." He moved out the door way and in came 2 cops, fully dressed in uniform. My heart froze for a couple moments which seemed like forever.

"We're here for Omari!" They said in a demanding voice.We all turned towards where Omari was standing. He had a terrified look on his face." Your under arrest for the misuse and harming of an infant Nina Castella."

"Who called the police?" Brian asked.

"I did." Kiah looked away. "I know it was an accident but Omari you need to learn-"

Omari looked down his face turning read. "I'm sorry Kiah. I deserve it."

They pulled handcuffs and restrained him. They walked him out of the room.