Chapter 34

Kiah's P.O.V.

"I miss my uncle. Can we see him today?" Nina walked over to me with a Barbie doll in hand. I picked her up and sat her in my lap.

"No baby." I wiped her mouth with a napkin." You already seen uncle Mari last week." She pouted and kicked her feet.

I sighed in defeat. It's been a struggle since the court incident. Nina cried all the time and I couldn't control her any more.

"Let me take her." Dion came up to me. He took Nina up into her arms and held her." What's wrong chica?"

Nina instantly hushed up and wiped her eyes." I wanna see uncle mari." Dion wiped away the rest of her tears with his thumb.

"How about this? We can talk to him and next time we can see him. Deal?" Nina giggled and kissed Dion's cheek. I smiled at the sight. He sure had a way with kids. He winked at me and carried her to the kitchen.

I watched them until they left the living room. I moved my hair out the way and sighed. I'm stressed out, were trying to figure out a plea deal with the judge and it's hard.

My phone rung. I picked it up and looked at the caller id. Hm, no name. It was an unknown number." Hello?"

"Your going to pay, your both going to pay. He took one of mines. And I'm going to take one of his."

I looked at the phone funny." Who is this!?" I said in frustration.

"Who's that?" Dion asked coming into the living room. I shrugged my shoulders and put my ear back to the phone.

"Don't worry about it. Just know I'm coming after y'all. All of y'all." The line went dead soon after.

"Someone just called me and threatened me Dion." I said unbelievably. He furrowed his brows and took the phone from me. He recalled the number getting no answer." Who do you think it could be?"

"I don't know but I'm about to find out." Dion grabbed his gun from out the drawer and put it in his waist band.

"What are you going to do? Please don't do anything stupid." Dion grabbed his phone, hugged and kissed me hard on the lips.

"I'll be back. Stay in the house and lock the doors. I love you."

"I love you too." My heart thumped hard in my chest." Dion tell me. Where are you going?" I knew he was about to do something.

"To get some work done." He walked towards the door." Kiah lock the doors, windows, and keep your phone and gun on hand. I'm not playing ok?"

"Ok. Ok." He looked at me before leaving out the door. I scooped Nina up who was now walking into the living room.

"Where's Dion going mommy?" I could feel tears building in my eyes.

"He had to do some work. Come on let's go in my room and watch a movie? How does that sound?"

"Good I'll go pick it out." She jumped down and ran towards my room. I quickly locked the door and made sure the windows were locked. I grabbed my phone and my small hand gun that I hid in my purse.

I wiped my face and looked out the window. There was no one there at least I didn't think so. I closed the curtain.

"Mommy come on!" Nina called out from the back.

"Coming mamas." I took a deep breath and walked into my room where Nina was laying on her favorite pillow, facing the tv.