Chapter 32

Omari P.O.V.

"We found Omari Lee guilty of the shooting of his 6 year old niece. Nina Constella." My heart dropped.

"No! My baby!" Kiah and D had tears seeping from their eyes. Brian and Dion shook there head slowly. Nina was crying and just throwing a fit. I doubt she understand what's going on.

"Order in the court! Order in the court." The judge banged his gavel up against the counter. The court finally settled down. He stared at me and fixed his papers." Omari I give you and a half years in jail without the possibility of early release. I hope you learn your lesson about playing with guns."

My eyes bulged out if my sockets as I watched him walk away. The ballot came over to me and handcuffed me and shackled me. I felt like a dog a slave. So much anger and hate towards my self. Why did I do this?

I mean 2 years wasn't long but that's 2 years of your life gone and wasted.

The ballot escorted me towards the door. My family ran over towards me." Omari!" Kiah cried. She hugged me and all I could do was stand there." I swear I didn't know this was going to happen." She cried.

"It's ok. It's my fault." I mumbled. She backed away and Dion and Brian walked up to me. Dion eyes watered as he gave me a man hug and patted my back.

"We gone get you out of here I promise that. Word to my moms I promise that." He backed away. I knew that look. He was going to do something stupid. I just hope it don't get him killed.

Brian stooped up to me. I took a deep breath and looked him in the eye." I'm sorry man." I shook my head and chuckled a bit.

"It's all good homie. It was all me. Aye you take care of D she a good girl. And deserve everything." Dion walked up behind Brian and patted his shoulder.

"Come on Lil bro." I furrowed my eyebrows." I'll tell you later Omari." They walked away. D walked up and hugged me.

"We came along way." She sniffled. I laid my chin on her head. I'm going to miss her and will always regret what I did.

"I'm sorry D. I was stupid and jealous and angry. I'm sorry for treating you wrong I'm sorry for-"

"Shh, don't be."

"Why didn't you write me?" I asked after a second of silence.

She sighed and shifted on her feet." Anger I guess. We gone get you out of here ok? Bye Omari." She looked at me one last time before leaving. Kiah had Nina in her arms. I was about to break. I didn't want to see my niece. Not here not now.

"Uncle why are you all chained up?" She asked. Tears stained her cheeks. I liked away for a second. I could feel the tears about to come.

"Uncle has to go away for a while. He did a very very very bad thing. And has to learn his lesson."

She stared at me with those big round eyes. She kissed my cheek." But your not a bad man uncle." A tear slipped out of my eye.

"I know mamas I know."

"I love you Omari." Kiah shook her head.

She hugged me and backed away.

"Time to go." The ballot said. He pushed me forward and escorted me out of the court room.