Chapter 29

Omari's P.O.V.

"I'm about tired of your stank ass feet, stinking up this damn cell. Nasty ass nigga." I muttered as I got done bench pressing. I took off my shirt and threw it onto the top bunk.

"Look, stop complaining and deal with it. Niggas are supposed to smell like that." I raised my eyebrows at him and laughed sarcastically.

"Um Byron, I don't smell like that. Nigga is plural." I hopped up onto the bunk and let my feet hang off it.

"No it's not it's a verb." He retorted playfully. I smacked my teeth and threw a pillow at him.

"No it's not."

"You got mail Omari." Security guard Russell passed some envelopes through the slot. Russell was cool, but he could be mean at times. I've been in here only a couple months and he was already showing me love. He was more like a father figure.

"Wassup Russ." I smiled getting off the bed and scraping up the 2 envelopes.

"Hey there. You ready for your hearing tomorrow?" He asked as he twirled the ring of keys around in his hand. I looked down at the envelopes. I had court tomorrow and it was like waiting for death. I'm scared. To be honest. I don't belong here. And worse, I have to think about the choices I made. It was stupid and I deserve what's coming to me.

"Yep, suppose I get this shit out the way."  I sat on the lower bunk and tore open one of the envelopes.

Russell gave out a quick chuckle." Yeah, I feel you. You got a big day ahead of you. So get plenty of rest." He looked at Byron." Wassup with you blackie, you haven't said a word. What? Dick got your throat again?" He laughed.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head." Mane shutup." He replied.

"Ight ight. I'll see y'all later." He laughed at Byron and strutted slowly away. See, he was cool as hell. Byron came and sat beside me.

"Always talking shit, anyway. You get any letters from that girl, you keep talking about?" I shook my head. I got one from . Dion, saying he gone support me, saying he bought a new trap and placed all the workers in there, and said his balls itched. I shook my head and laughed again. Dion, that nigga silly.

"Nope I wished I did." It was killing me that D wasn't writing me. I know she with that nigga Brian. Which made me mad all over again. I knew I should've never hit her. It's killing me everyday. It's like a dream that's in rewind. She with Brian and I have to except the fact that their together. Brian was my nigga and I still got mad respect for him. I can't believe how stupid I was. Taking a gun out on them. Maybe going to jail was best for me.

It's all because my anger got the best of me. If it didn't then my niece wouldn't have been accidentally shot. I just hope this judge understand.Rose? I don't even want to think of her I try not to. Just don't know how bad it hurt.

As much as it pisses me off, and makes me want to hurt her. I have to accept another fact. That my moms and dad is gone. Nothing's bringing them back. It would be a miracle. Damn I hope this judge goes easy on me. All because of my anger. I messed up, I messed up, I messed up.