10 - soft on me?

Hailey Robinson

It's been the 2nd day since I started living with Chris. He seems harmless, not the type of the spoiled rich brats who spend and live on their daddy's money. He has a cool, calm and collected behaviour. Maybe I shouldn't be passing the judgement because it's barely a day or two.

It was yesterday when I was so nervous as he may not like me living in his house as he is not habituated of sharing his space and all of sudden I am thrown kind of thrown into his house. I thought maybe he can take this as I was invading his personal space so it was safe for me to ask and I did and his response was cool. But when today morning when I asked what we should label the thing going on between us done by our parents, he seem bothered and too confused himself.

It was stupid of me to ask him such a question, but still his presence around me makes my bones give up all the freakin calcium making them all soggy and I am not able to hold up the other parts of my body. After my shift I called Lina to meet me for dinner as I wanted to tell her whats going on, so we are sitting and getting our orders placed.

She is sitting in front of me, chin placed on the hands that are clasped together making her lean on her elbows placed on the table. Lina raises an eyebrow but fails miserably, "so tell me what's it, you sounded as if you got arrested for killing a crow?" I sighed and rubbed my temples and told her from day 1 of my mom coming in my room to tell me about a certain meeting to me moving in with Chris as well as the question my stupid ass asked him.

Her face went blank, drained out of all emotions. She looked as if someone told her that the food she ate was poisoned and the poison's antidote is still to be found. Now, she looks as if she'll scream at me but I gave her eyes and made a motion with my head indicating we are in public. She composes herself, clears her throat, "bitch why didn't you tell me this shit earlier, huhhh?" I sighed and sounded as if a toddler is complaining, "you were on a holiday with Daniel I didn't want to interrupt your fun." She snorts, "so what you get engaged?"

That word did weird shit to me, "we haven't even been asked to exchange rings but our parents are hell bent to get us married, I somehow manged to get us a year otherwise I would've been married in the next 6 months. I am in deep trouble, honestly I wanted to move out from my house but this is not the way I imagined plus this feels absurd like I am not even sure I fit in as a wife or least to say fiancé to Chris, and I don't even know why I am thinking like this."

By the time I spoke she slurped up her lemonade glass empty, kept the glass aside and got in, "so what about Chris? What do you take of him?"

Chris

"I have no idea what to say so far no sign of any absurd or shitty behaviours", she nodded her head 2-3 times, "so I don't think there is a problem." Did she hit her head and had a concussion because the problem is I live with a guy who is a complete stranger to me, I frowned a raised an eyebrow at her. She huffed, "I mean you guys can know each other, live peacefully and find a solution together maybe you won't even need a solution maybe by the end of your one term you guys can fall in love...."She trailed off because my fist was curled which meant I am in an attack mode.

"That's not gonna happen. I don't do love you know it", I was started getting a bit mad. She gave me a weird look, "so whom are you waiting for? Chris Evans? For fuck's sake he is 40 and you are about to be 23." I gave a voice of disappointment, "I am not waiting for anybody, but this love thing doesn't works for me." She threw her hands up in surrender, "then find a sugar daddy because I am leaving you to your misery."

I raised an eyebrow to her and she continued, "so my advice here is try being civil with him or try falling in love, choice is yours." "Fine lets finish and leave" ,with that being said we went on to completing our food while she also described her holiday and how I am missing the fun of being in a relationship and not being in love to which I raised eyebrow and showed a bit of my annoyance.