08 - the day

Hailey Robinson

The week came to an end, and today morning my dad reminded me to make sure I had packed everything to take with me, cue the sarcasm he legit barked as a reminder. Why am I not so surprised?

I did pick up early morning shift for today so I can have the evening to be able to move in. I had my things packed, which was not much just my clothes some of my other stuff, some books - all that in one medium sized box and one suitcase.

I'd texted Chris the previous day, that I have the day tomorrow to move in to which he told me to be at my house as he'll be picking me up personally as the route to his house can get tricky. So much to my relief I am here taking my things down near the door.

I decided to give a last check to my room so I got on my way and while on stairs I heard voices from my dad's study room. It sounded like a heated argument between my dad and my sister Kathy. When did she came back ? Kathy sounded furious, "Why not me and why her, I mean shouldn't I be the one to be with him instead of her?" huhh !! her? Him?

Dad stated, "because I want to get rid of that waste of money, worthless piece of shit, you don't understand how shit works?" but who ? Kathy went on, "but dad it could've been me, I would have agreed to this without any drama, I mean why would I even throw drama when he is this handsome and a plus point he has a mutli-million company?"

My mind was putting up the pieces of puzzles and the next statement from my dad confirmed it, "look I just wanted to get rid of her anyway and this was a good chance plus I would like that bastard of Langford to fall for my trap and invest in my company as it's been running out of money power lately, and him being still a kid is cherry on top and I have a nice plan to that, so I don't want to sacrifice you for that. So now stop whining like a 4 year old and get back to work and I am quite sure you'll find someone better than that Langford, now get out of the room."

So, I definitely got sold, sold or more like exchanged for some money!

I quickly managed to get myself in my room before Kathy can have any idea that I just eavesdropped on their little talk. I steadied myself by pressing my back to my now closed bedroom door. He wants to get rid of me? What plan for Langford ? I took a last look at my room and went back down to the door and much to my surprise Kathy was sitting in the living room. She just ignored me so I decided it's better to go sit outside in front of the porch.

For some unknown reasons, Kathy and I were never good in terms of being siblings. She never liked, in fact never played, or never wanted to play the role of the younger sister. She never bothers me with any sort of her drama or something- its like we are not sisters with each other. Sometimes, I'd think or suspect that her modelling career won't like having a medico in her life and that's the reason we barely talk or exchange words with each other. She won't bother telling me anything and I don't disturb her.

What seemed like 10 minutes later, a car pulled up. I saw Chris climb out and walk towards the house. I was so fucking nervous for no fucking reason because, he seemed so harmless, still I was a bit self-conscious. In no time he was standing in front of me, "Good evening, you ready to go." I nodded lightly and I was about to speak but was broken by the sound of door opening.

We turned in unison and saw Kathy pop out from the door. She came near us-basically Chris and squealed, "I am Kathy"with a hand out, probably for a handshake I guess?. Chris still had his hands in his black jeans and it seemed like he didn't notice her hand out so he simply nodded, "I am Chris." He turns to me and continues,"Have you packed everything or need a last check?" I heard Kathy huff and with that she went inside. I took my attention back to Chris, "Yap I am done, these are 3 one- a box,suitcase and my bag, we are good to go."