42 - around and for

Chris Langford 

Certain people don't understand that there are basic manners one had to follow so as to sustain oneself in the business industry. For example, the people who'll be representing the board of directors and lawyers in the so called 'final signing of the company share to my name' event. I've been trying to get that shit as soon as possible but some lazy assholes had bullshit reasons about their wives cheating on them, dog getting piles, and what not. 

The moment my uncle had mentioned a possibility of trouble with his shares I was more than eager to get the shit done. I have been placing calls to all those shitheads to get the fucking thing done, all the have to do is fucking sign, but no, fuckers have a stick up their asses. One even had the audacity to tell me that those were just some papers and nothing to worry about.

Nothing to worry about? My ass. 

Flipping the pages through another file, I let out a grunt. This finance department manager is so fucking annoying, The last I remember was that I'd gave him clear warning about a mistake one more time and he can kiss his ass goodbye from his job. Fucking idiots, all I ask is clear reports on the stocks doing well and the ones that were going down then why the fuck has he sent me the report of the latest one, the one I already fucking have. 

Pressing a button to the intercom I sigh, a second later Harry picks it up, "Harry, Send Mr.Roberts from the finance department to my office." After a 'yes sir' the call ends. Shit. I should've told him to arrange a coffee for me. Maybe I'll get it when I head out for the lunch break. 

Minutes later, Mr.Roberts walks in, the man is in his 50s but has been working since after my father had the company under his name. I gesture him to take his seat, he complies and asks, "What is it?" in a polite manner. The only person of his department who I actually tolerate and considers me worthy of running a billion dollar company. 

I palm my hands on my desk and speak, "What is with the manager of the finance department?" He asks me to be more specific and I clear it to him, "The reports are shitty, the management has gone downhill since I stepped in and that is the only department with the issue. Plus your manager Evans never liked me in first place, I get that thing but my catch is, do you point anything fishy other than the regular shit that he's being pulling?"

He frowns but clears his throats and says, "so far I don't know, but what I do know is that he stays up late, almost as late as you do and to be quite honest he hasn't been arranging team meetings, let alone the meetings with you." I nod, there had to be something else. 

Firstly when I stepped up as CEO a few months back there were allegedly suspicious transfers, and I'd confirmed it with Nick who scanned all the transactions illegally, if there has to be a mole inside the company than it has to be risky for him and to think that the mole comes from outside the company that it's going to be a shitty headache catching him. 

I ask him a few more questions here and there about the department and free him. He indeed was the only one trust-worthy to certain extent in that team. Thinking I had enough of banging my head in useless information I head out for my lunch with Nick. Apparently he managed to pull himself half an hour extra and insisted we go have some Chinese food. 

The dude was already siting at the restaurant table when I made my way in. I'd already discarded my suit jacket, rolling up the sleeves of my shirt to the forearm I make my way towards the table and take the seat. "So how is it going for you?" I ask. The last time we had this discussion he had plans for Jenny but was still confused.

He shakes his head, "I am just nervous otherwise all set." I frown, "you sure?" He shrugs lightly while sipping on his lemon soda, clicks his tongue, "I mean I have it all set, just kind of freaking out thinking about the outcome, so yeah." I nod, I mean there was no chance Jenny was going to refuse him. I silently convinced Hailey to cross-check on Jenny without spoiling anything and Hailey gave me a green signal, so yeah Jenny was in for the ride. But to have some fun I was not going to tell this to Nick, let the dude see some stars.