11 - she is !

Chris Langford

I returned from my morning run to see Marie arrived 30 minutes early to her time and was talking to Hailey and both of them were standing in the kitchen.

I went near them and stood at a distance. Hailey was the first one to turn around and gave a smile "Good Morning" shit she actually looks relaxed and comfortable which feels so heart-warming. I gave her a nod accompanied by a small 'morning.'

My eyes went to her hand and much to my amusement she was wearing the ring. I don't know why but my heart was doing some weird somersaults and banging on the rib cage.

Just seeing the ring on her hand was getting my heart unsteady and as if it was not much my mind started firing questions and statements- did she liked the ring? Now she is my fiancé? I'd have to introduce her as my fiancé as in 'meet Hailey Robinson, my fiancé.

My state of questioning myself was broken by Marie who cleared her throat and was staring between me and Hailey. "So you guys on for the breakfast?" Hailey was quick to reply, "Actually I am a bit lagging behind and I had mine so I'll head to my work."

Marie shot her a look saying she didn't take it to which Hailey continued, "I promise Marie, and I'll wait for you tomorrow." Marie let out a huff and said fine and strode towards the pantry.

Hailey turned to me, "She's cool, and I like her." I gave her a nod, "She is indeed, can you believe sometimes she bosses me around as well." Hailey gave out a small laugh, "yeah she told me that too, we have been talking for like 15 minutes and she said she's not done yet." I replied, "She won't be done too soon either." She picked her bag and coat from the counter, "yeah, so anyways, I better get going."

My mouth was quick enough to interject my thoughts as she was on her way out, "Did the ring fit well?" She turns sideways to me, "Yes it did, not a problem." I nodded to myself, "Ok , have a good day." She gave a smile and a 'you too' and left with that.

I went back to my routine much to my dismay. Although while I was having my breakfast Marie made sure to tell me how much she already adores Hailey and saying she is a perfect match for me. If I am being honest, I don't even have answer to this, about how I can have the privilege to have Hailey in my life.

Before meeting her I'd assumed that she'd be some kind of blonde with a supermodel body who likes to live on her daddy's money, doesn't earns a single penny, spoiled by her daddy and is straight out of Mean Girls, but fuck me because she looks like a ray of light or a precious flower that one would like to protect from the rest of the world or even start a fight for.

If you are wondering how I know about mean girls, my idiot best friend made me watch it because he has a crush on several Hollywood celebrities and one of them is Rachel McAdams.

The papers in front of me were blurring as my mind was analyzing the current emotion I've been feeling lately. She wore the ring. I've never dated or let women near me since last 5 years. It was sickening of a heart break and just the worst timing, but having Hailey around wasn't helping my 'no lady love' policy. The scene of early morning itself was a big example.

I was staring at the same paper for more than 5 minutes without doing anything about it. Harry walks in after a knock on the door and places a file on my desk. "Sir, I received a call from your father asking about arranging a meeting with Victor Robinson. He said he would be present there too. So, he has asked if you are available in the next 3 hours. What should I do about them?"

I was expecting that from Victor about the business deal as it's been 2-3 days since Hailey moved in. "Harry what about victor's business record?" I needed this answer to precede the meeting.