48 - bloody knuckles

The chapter contains scenes depicting graphic yet severe violence, readers are advised to read further on their own risk. 

Chris Langford

Jaimeson was unconscious, hanged with ties at his wrist and ankles that were bound to the wall behind him, stripped down from his clothes and just left in his boxer briefs. Romano, Lucas and I were standing in a semi-circle in front of him. 

I had changed into a fresh pair of clothes for the morning, courtesy of Lucas. The whole night I walked around restless, sleep never came to me. Coffee did no shit to me. The temptation to just drive off in the middle of night just to have a look at her was very strong and even Romano agreed with me, but we were hanging on the promise we'd made, teach Jaimeson a lesson, extract the revenge and only then go face Hailey.  

"wake him up", Romano grits. 

We part a little for Enzo who walks in front and splashes hot water, harshly on Mark. He jerks and jolts open his eyes, shakes his head while groaning in pain, trying to shake off the water. I press my jaw hard, a pathetic attempt to calm down myself when I knew for a fact that it was a measly try. 

Romano walks to the table, picks up a blade and returns. I raise a hand to stop him after stepping in his way, "I'll like to do the honors" -I nod to Mark- "plus I need some answers." He nods. Walking ahead, I stand in front of Mark with a blade in my hands. 

I was not going to mind getting my hands bloody, I was going to make Mark undergo hell. He was going to regret that his parents had sex and gave him birth, and I am going to make sure he will beg me to kill him. But he was not going to die an easy death, who even said anything about death!

I push the blade right above his hip bone. He grunts, "the hell Langford! What did I ever do to you ?"

"what did I ever do to you? Are you shitting me Jaimeson! did you actually forget what you did a day ago?" raising an eyebrow I ask. 

He chuckles and gives a shitty smile, "oh that, your fiance is quite a piece, too bad I had to burn her before I can taste her", and I plunge the blade to his other hip bone. He howls in pain and starts panting. 

"You are going to regret this, Jaimeson", I warn. 

"Why were you after my uncle's shares? Langford family has nothing to do with you", I speak in a threatening tone. Harshly panting and taking in long breathes, he says "You are delusional. Your uncle adopted me when I was 16 from my abusive family. I worked my ass off with him while he was settling up his business in France. Even went on to don of that country for financial aid and what did he do? straight away lend you his 25 million, when I was the one who deserved it."

"That money was his, neither mine nor yours to decide where it should go, it was up to him", I say. He chuckles, "you've got an easy life, Langford. A million dollar company rightly handed to you because you have the blood. I worked hard with him and what I get"-he shrugs lightly-"nothing."

"What makes you think my life was easy, I worked my ass off, worked odd jobs, internship and everything before taking in the company. And it was up to uncle Kevin, if he wanted to return the shares or keep them", I deadpan in a solid tone.

Pulling out the blade, I plunge it in the center of the palm of his left hand, he cries and I say while twisting the blade "this is not about money, company or shares"- pulling out the blade I slice open his forearm -"this is about a filthy bastard like you putting his useful for nothing hands on my woman."

His cries grow louder and pants, breathing getting labored due to all howling. His blood starts spilling on my white shirt and a voice inside me wanted more. It said- Let us put Jaimeson in pain, more than ever. I wasn't going to mind a murder under my hands, was going to clear it up by the time my woman wakes up. She's never going to know.