Chapter 1: In Love With Her

I was on a hunting patrol with JaggedBriar and BreezePaw, as I had been the only cat up this early in the morning really, to agree to go on a hunting patrol with these cats. I would have offered to go no matter what, if I was going to be completely honest with my self, due to the fact that I could not stand to be away from BreezePaw. She was the most beautiful she cat that I had ever seen, and every moment that I spent with her felt quite a bit real to me at the exact same time as well. I loved to spend time with her, and though it felt like it was a little bit too early to call it, I felt like I was in love with this cat. I just was not sure if I was ready to admit it to her or not. I felt like she too liked me quite a bit, but at the exact same time as well, I was a little bit too afraid as to just what it was that I should say to the she cat.
I sighed just a bit to my self, as I let out a bit of a heavy gulp all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that this was for sure not the place to say it to her, as that was for many reasons, as I knew that one of those reasons was due to the fact that JaggedBriar, who was her mentor, did not like me all too much, and he was a bit disappointed in the fact that I was the only cat up, and I was the only cat that was offering to go on a hunting patrol with the both of them, as I had seen the look of despair that had been in his eyes. I would normally say that I did not under stand as to just why it was that the tom cat did not like me all too much, but if I was going to be completely honest with my self, I already knew the answer to that question.
It was for many reasons none the less, as one of those reasons had to do with the fact that his own kit, who was also an apprentice, much like BreezePaw was, was also in love with BreezePaw, as I could see the look of jealousy in his eyes, when he saw her look at me in the way that I was sure that he wished that she would look at him. I was not all too sure as to just how it was that he would think that she would look at him in that way, when he treated every cat around the camp like trash, even her none the less. That led to the other reason that I knew as to the reason that JaggedBriar did not like me all too much, which was the fact that his kit treated every one like trash, as if he was the leader of the clan none the less.
Not even a leader would treat their clan mates like that though, and whilst my father did have a few instances where he might go off, like he did the day that he had found out that my mother was going to leave him, which made me wince to even think back on that day at the exact same time as well, never the less, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I still had a bit of a secret that day, that I knew that I could never tell any one. I had been in pain, and I had been hurt when I had seen that my brother had gone to kill our mother, and that in the end, he had been successful with what he was he had done at the exact same time as well.
A lot of that had to do with the fact that our father, KettleStar, had told him to go do as such a thing, and to prove that he was going to be the next deputy, and the future leader of the tribe. That was all that my brother had seemed to want at the exact same time as well, as I some times wondered if that was why my father had sent him out to do it, and not me, as he knew that my brother would be more likely to kill our mother than I would be. He was in fact correct with that assumption, if that was in fact the case, at the exact same time as well, as he had in fact been the one that had killed our mother. I knew that I had to keep it a secret though, and I knew that I must not ever tell any one as to just what it was that had happened that evening on the other side of the territory.
It was not just that how ever, but at the exact same time as well, what really surprised me the most, was the fact that my father, nor did any one else, ever question the fact that there had not been some thing else that had really happened, as my father had been quick for me to believe him, even though he had known that I loved my mother. I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I tried my best to get my focus off of all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit in some fear as to the fact that one of these days, I might actually spill the beans as to just what it was that had really happened out there that night.
I felt like, JaggedBriar, and his kit, MoosePaw, might know that some thing was a bit fishy with the story that I had said, but at the exact same time as well, I kind of felt like they just thought it was fishy, due to the fact that I had known that JaggedBriar had been jealous, and he had felt like he had worked hard, and he deserved the role as the new deputy over a new warrior such as me. Perhaps he was right never the less, as a part of me still knew that I had lied about the story for one thing, but not even just that, but there was also the fact that I had also been the one that had killed my own brother, as I felt very guilty as to the fact that I had in fact done as such a thing to him.
I just could not handle, nor could I bare the grief, as to what it was that my brother had done, it had just been a bit of a natural instinct, as to just what it was that I had done, as it made me feel quite a bit sick, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that I had done such a thing. I loved my brother, even if he did in fact treat me like trash most of the time, I knew that he had loved me too, and he had not expected me to run at him, and to kill him such as I had done in the very first place any ways, as I had seen the excited and happy smile that he had on his face when he had seen that I had watched him do what it was that he had done to our mother, as shortly after that, I knew that I did not have all too happy of a smile on my face when I jumped on him and cut his throat open.
I knew that if it had been a normal fight that he would have seen coming, than he more than likely would have won it at the exact same time as well, due to the fact that I knew that he had in fact been stronger than me, as he had always been the biggest, and the strongest of our litter. Perhaps it made sense, as to the fact that they all believed the fact that I had said that I had killed our mother after she had killed him, due to the fact that they knew that I would not have beat my brother in an actual fight. Just little did they know, it was not an actual fight that had happened at the time, which I knew that once again, it was always going to have to be a secret that I would have to keep to my self never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was doing right now, nor what it was that was going on. As I began to look around, I then all of the sudden noticed that we were out in Riverclan territory right now, which was our territory now, due to the fact that Riverclan had disbanded a while ago, as well as Skyclan had, as we had come to find out at the last gathering never the less. I really did not care all too much, as I had never really been all too fond of any of the other clans. I felt like Windclan was the most superior of them all, just like my father had always told me. It always felt a little bit strange to me how ever, as to the fact that he had always seemed to be quite a bit close to the Shadowclan leader at the exact same time too how ever.
I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my focus off of all of that, as I instead got my focus on the fact that I was alone out in these strange woods right at this very moment in time, as I heard a river churning, which did in fact make me shiver quite a bit, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways, as I blinked my eyes just a few times. I looked all around me, as I then all of the sudden began to remember all at the exact same time as well, as to just where it was that I was even at, and just what it was that I had even been doing in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well.
I realized that, due to the fact that I had a mouse in my hand right at this very moment in time, as I knew that this area of land was always filled with prey, due to the fact that no cats ever cleared this area of land any more. It made sense as to just why it was that JaggedBriar would have wanted us to go and hunt out in this area. JaggedBriar was a very smart cat, as I could say that with out a doubt, which was a lot of the reason that I had been worried that he might have know that some thing was not right with the story that I had said to the clan, and that I had made up a fair bit of it, all at the exact same time as well. He was a very smart cat, and he might have seen through the lies that I had said to the entire clan.
It was clear that he was not going to say any thing about it how ever, due to the fact that I knew that he did not like our current leader of the clan, who just so happened to be my father at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he did not trust him in the fact that he was the leader of our clan, Windclan. I knew that he was in fact quite a bit jealous of the fact that I had become the new deputy, but at the exact same time as well, I knew that he got over it quite a bit quick, all at the very same time as well, as that was due to a lot of different reasons never the less, as one of those reasons was due to the fact that he did not like my father for one thing, and also there was the fact that he had known as well, that my brother was only out there for power too.
JaggedBriar was quite a loyal cat of the clan at the exact same time as well, as even if he might be very jealous of the fact that he did not get deputy over me, a lot of that having to due with the fact that he did in fact deserve it more than I did, as I was not going to lie to my self, as I knew that I could say that for a fact, and that I could say that with quite a straight look on my face, all at the exact same time as well. I sighed just a bit to my self all at once, as I got my focus off of all of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I really did not need to be worried as to the fact that JaggedBriar might turn on me, or the rest of the clan, just due to the fact that he was just far too loyal to the clan in the very first place any ways.
I shook off all of those thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my focus back on to the presence, as just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time in the very first place any ways never the less. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I had a lot of help as to the fact that I got my focus back on to just what it was that was going on right now, due to the fact that I had all of the sudden heard the voice of JaggedBriar, as he then all of the sudden began to speak up from not all too far away from me, all at the exact same time as well. I nodded a fair bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then did my best to get my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I might have been having, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to JaggedBriar, and I locked eyes with him for just a few moments, all at once, none the less.
He seemed to have a bit of a blank look on his face, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me at the exact same time as well, as if he was worried as to the fact that I might be doing some thing at this very moment in time, that might be quite a bit highly suspicious to him, and that it might be some thing that he should tell my father about at the exact same time too. I got my focus off of those thoughts how ever, as I knew that it would not be the case, as there was a lot of different reasons as to just why I knew that it was not going to be the case, as I knew that one of those reasons was simply due to the fact that I knew that JaggedBriar, once again, did not like my father, and the leader all too much at the exact same time too.
It was also just the simple fact, all at the exact same time as well, that I had been sitting out in these woods alone for quite a bit of some time all at once, none the less, as I had let the others go quite a far distance ahead of me, and it was clear that JaggedBriar had all of the sudden began to notice as to the fact that I was no longer with them, which I was sure had him quite a bit worried, all at the exact same time as well, as he knew just as well as I did, that he for sure would have got in to a lot of trouble, and that would be suspicious to my father, if he had come back to camp with out me, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes just a few times at JaggedBriar, as I saw that he was actually quite a bit relieved to see that I was fine with where it was that I was at, right at this very moment in time any ways.
I looked at JaggedBriar for just a little bit longer, as I then all of the sudden noticed that he nodded to me, all at the exact same time as well, which I was not too sure if that were due to the fact that he was trying to get my attention on him, as if he was about to try to speak to me, or if it were due to the fact that he just wanted me to follow him out with where ever it was that he was trying to take me back to camp at the exact same time as well. I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit bad for the poor cat never the less, as I did not choose one or the other at the exact same time too, as I made the simply decision to do both of them, all at the exact same time as well.
That was the fact that I had begun to all of the sudden start to follow him, all at the exact same time as well, and there was also the fact that I had nodded to him, to let him know that I was paying attention to him, and that I was ready to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways. As I got quite a bit closer to him, all at the exact same time as well, I then all of the sudden heard him let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh, all at the exact same time as well, as he then all of the sudden began to start to speak to me finally, all at the exact same time as well. I looked at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my own face, for just a little bit longer, but I did in fact start to begin to listen as to just what it was that he had to say to me in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, as he did in fact continue to speak to me.
"Geesh Youngtail... We were both quite a bit worried as to the fact that we might have lost you for a second... Don't do that any more please, you know just as well as I do as to just what it was that your father would do to me if I was to come back home with out you..." He said to me, as I saw him all of the sudden squint his eyes at me, all at the exact same time as well, as to just what it was that he had said to me at the last part of all of that. I blinked my eyes at him, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that he had said just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as I made sure to keep a blank look on my face for quite a bit of some time, as if I had no sort of reaction to just what it was that he had said to me in the very first place any ways.
I knew damn well each and every word that he had in fact said to me, all at the exact same time too how ever, as I knew that he did in fact have quite a bit of a much deeper meaning as to each and every word that he had even said to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit guilty for it all at the exact same time as well. I felt like I should at least try to defend my father, but at the exact same time as well, I knew that it was quite a bit hard for me to do so, as there really was not all too much that I could even defend him for in the very first place any ways. I knew that all of the bad shit that had happened in this clan as of late, had in fact all been his fault none the less, as ever single cat in the clan knew for a fact that he was not a good leader.
He was a good father, as I could say that at the very least, as it was clear that JaggedBriar had known that at the exact same time as well. Even if he had gone to go and send my brother out to go and kill my mother, he still was a great father as I could say that with out a doubt, as he had spent a lot of his time as a leader, trying to raise his kits in a good environment. Sadly though, it was a bit hard for him to do as such a thing, simply due to the fact that he had made me go out to make sure that my brother had done the job, and also mainly the fact that the clans had gone to shit, and it kind of felt like to me, all at the exact same time as well, that there was nothing left in the clans any more, as they were a lost cause now.
Even our clan, as we had lost a lot of lives as of late, and not only that, but also the fact that a lot of cats had left the clan, as it had not been just my mother who had been the only one that had tried to leave, as I knew that my father was quite a bit upset with the fact that so many cats were trying to leave this clan in the very first place any ways, as after all, we were Windclan, and we were not only the strongest clan of them all, but we were the fastest clan of them all. We were fast to save so many problems that went on in the clans. Well, that was not the case any more how ever, as Riverclan and Skyclan we're gone, and it felt like Shadowclan we're on its last legs, the last that I had heard about them.
Thunderclan was doing just fine, as I had last heard, though we tended to stay away from that clan, just due to the fact that the clan was crazy, and they would attack you if you were to get any where near them, or get any where near their land, as there had been quite a bit of a big fight, as well as a bit of a brawl the last time that the clans had gone to go meet up with one another. It was quite a bit sad, as to just what it was that was going on with the clans, if I was going to be completely honest with my self, but at the exact same time too, I had learned from my father, as to the fact that I really should not care all too much about just what it was that was going on, nor what it was that was happening in the other clans at the exact same time too, as I knew if I was going to be a leader, I had to keep my head, and my focus on my own clan.
I sighed just a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, once again, as it was not the first time in the last few moments that I had done as such a thing, as I knew that I had to get my focus off of all of that. The only clan that I needed to worry about, was my own clan, as I knew that we needed to rebuild it at this point, as we were getting near our last legs now a days. I blinked my eyes, all at the exact same time as well, as I then got my eyes back on to the presence, all at the exact same time as well, as I looked at just what it wast at was in front of me, right at this very moment in time any ways. What it was that I did in fact see in front of me right now, was the most beautiful sight that I had ever seen in my entire life, as I blinked my eyes just a few times, just to make sure that this was in fact real.
Of course it was real, as the cat that I was looking at right now, was of course a real cat. It was BreezePaw, as she just seemed to have the most beautiful fur that I had ever seen in my entire life, as I had a big smile on my face, when I then all of the sudden started to draw a bit closer up on her, all at the exact same time as well, due to the fact that I saw that she had a smile on her own face, as well as the fact that I could see that she looked to be a little bit worried about me, for some odd reason or another, which made me tilt my head a little bit at her, as I was quite a bit confused as to just what it was that was going on with her, and just why it was that she might in fact be worried about me right at this very moment in time any ways.
If I was going to be for real with my self, the fact that I saw that she was in fact quite a bit worried about me, made me feel a whole lot better about the chances that I even had with this cat in the very first place any ways, as I cracked quite a bit of a grin on my face, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to get my focus off of the thoughts as to just what it was that I knew as to the fact that she was worried for me, as I was more happy as to the fact that she was worried for me. She was worried for me, due to the fact that it was clear that she too had noticed that she had left me behind, as it was clear that I had been stuck, and I had been quite a bit lost in my head all at the exact same time too, which seemed to be a normal thing for me as of late none the less.
The reason that it made me feel good, as it seemed to be quite a bit more of an important reason to me, all at the exact same time too, was the fact that it was clear to me that she too was in love with me. I saw JaggedBriar from the corner of my eyes, all at the exact same time too, start to squint his eyes at me, as it was clear that he was not all too please as to just what it was that was going on right in front of him right at this very moment in time any ways, as I knew that he was quite a bit upset as to the fact that he knew that MoosePaw was in love with the exact same cat that I was in love with, and the cat that I was in love with, which was in fact BreezePaw of course, had a big smile on her face at me, right at this very moment in time, as it was clear that she was quite a bit happy to be around me right now, which did in fact make me feel quite a bit good, all at the exact same time as well.
I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too, as I instead did my best to get my focus back on the thoughts that seemed to be a lot more important right at this very moment in time, which was of course the fact that JaggedBriar just wanted to get back to camp, to let my father know that I was safe, and to also let him know that we had caught 3 mice and 1 squirrel for the entire clan to eat, as it was in fact starting to get quite a bit rough for the clan to find any food right at this very moment in time, due to the fact that I knew that it was starting to get near leaf bare, as I remembered just how bad it had been around that time last year when I had been a young apprentice.
I shoved just a bit, as to even the thoughts of it, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to get my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I once again got my focus back on to the thoughts that were a lot more important right at this very moment in time, which was of course the fact that I had the thoughts of getting back to camp, as it was not the thoughts of the fact that it was clear that BreezePaw was also in love with me at the exact same time as well. I shook my head a bit to my self, as I then all of the sudden, all at the exact same time too, then began to speak to the 2 cats that were with me, right at this very moment in time as well.
"Sorry about that... It's just hard... I have so many thoughts in my head right at this very moment in time..." I said to the both of them at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit bad for just what it was that I had even done in the very first place any ways, as I knew that the both of them were relying on me right now, so that they could go ahead and get back over to camp. I began to breath in quite a bit to my self, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should say besides that, all at the exact same time as well, as Quirit was just the simple sad truth of the matter, as to just what it was that was even going on with me right at this very moment in time, at the exact same time as well. I began to let out quite a bit of a rough sigh, as I then all of the sudden saw JaggedBriar nod back to me at the exact same time as well. It did not seem like that was a bit of a good enough excuse for him at all, at the exact same time as well, which did in fact make me feel quite a bit upset, all at the exact same time as well, as I got quite a bit upset with the fact that he did not seem to really believe a word that I had just said for some odd reason or another. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden noticed that BreezePaw was starting to follow him all at the exact same time as well, which I had not even got to see the reaction that had been on her face. It did in fact get me quite a bit upset, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that JaggedBriar had acted the way that he had done in the very first place any ways, as I then began to start to open my mouth to speak quite a bit of some harsh words, that were aimed at JaggedBriar, all at the exact same time as well, even though I tried to pretend that I was talking to the both of them with what it was that I had said. "It's just been quite a bit hard as to the fact that I have taken over as the deputy... You know?"
As I said it, I saw that JaggedBriar seemed to stop for just a split second, as I saw him wince, all at the exact same time as well, as I could tell that what it was that I had just said to the both of them had in fact hurt him quite a bit, as I was sure that he was not all too happy about it at all. That was what it was that I had been aiming to do how ever, at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I wanted him to make sure that he knew that I was in fact the deputy over his clan, and he should not treat me like I was just some sort of piece of trash. It was quite a bit harsh as to just what it is was that I had said how ever, as I did in fact feel quite a bit bad for it, the moment that I had even said it, and I had even let those words come out of my mouth in the very first place any ways.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I was sure that JaggedBriar was not going to let me go on any of his hunting patrols any time soon, just due to the fact that I had acted the way that I had been in the very first place any ways. I did not blame him for it either, as it was quite a bit childish the way that I had just been at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit guilty for it, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to BreezePaw, all at the exact same time as well, to see what it was that she might have thought as to just what it was that I had even said in the very first place any ways, and the words that I had kind of directed right over to JaggedBriar, he was her mentor at the exact same time as well none the less how ever.
I began to breath in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try not to get all too worried about it how ever, as I knew that I had made a bit of a mistake at the exact same time as well. I felt like I should apologize to JaggedBriar, but at the exact same time as well, I also did not want to admit that I had taken a shot at him at the exact same time as well, even though it was clear that I been that way in the very first place any ways. I blinked my eyes just a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to get my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I then instead got my focus on the thoughts that felt like were a lot more important right at this very moment in time any ways, which was the fact that I knew that we needed to get back to the camp, to feed the clan with some prey.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I winced all at the exact same time too, as to the fact that I expected to smell the harsh smell of Riverclan, right as we seemed to cross the border as to where our territories used to collide not all too long ago. I did not smell any sent of Riverclan how ever, which did in fact have me quite a bit surprised, all at the exact same time as well, until I realized just how big of an idiot that I was even being in the very first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden began to remember, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that Riverclan was no more, and we were in Windclan territory still, as a let out quite a bit of a relieved sigh, all at the exact same time as well.
I then nodded a bit to my self, as I looked away from where it was that the borders used to cross, as I spotted the broken down tree that led to the island, that seemed to be dying out each and every day that it felt like we seemed to cross that bridge. It kind of felt like it was signifying what was going on with the clans right now. The clans were dying out, and so was that tree, as I looked away from it all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it did not matter all too much to me, as I was kind of glad for it, at the exact same time as well, as I knew that Windclan should be the only clan around the lake right now none the less, as we were the strongest clan, and we were the most superior clan after all.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit guilty as to the fact that I was even thinking that way in the very first place any ways, as I knew that I had used to have a few friends in the other clans, back in the day when I still had been an apprentice. I shook off those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, as I knew that it did not matter all too much any more any ways, as I then turned my head back over to just what it was that was in front of me right now, as I then all of the sudden began to notice that JaggedBriar and BreezePaw had got a fair distance ahead of me once again, and they were about to be leaving me in the dust at the exact same time as well.
I shook off all of those thoughts all of the sudden, as I let out quite a heavy sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I had to get my focus on my own clan right now, as I had a few plans in mind for us, as well as one cat in particular, as I had a bit of a big smile on my face all of the sudden, as all of the sad and depressing thoughts that I had been having a few moments ago, then all of the sudden began to go away, all at the exact same time too, as I looked at the cat that I had my focus on right now, as I smiled at her, even though I knew that she could not see as to just what it was that I was even doing in the very first place any ways, never the less, as I rolled my eyes a bit to my self, and I then all of the sudden began to hurry over to them once again, to catch up to the both of them, all at the exact same time as well.