Chapter 29: Every Life Matters

It felt a little bit strange, and it felt a little bit scary honestly, to be with a cat that was from another clan, and not only that, but this cat was a special cat, as it was the leader of Shadowclan that I was right beside right now, as it kind of felt like I had to watch my back at all times, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, at that, never the less.
I knew that we were all simply 1 clan now, and I was just over thinking all of this, but I still felt like I could not help but to think that PikeStar might have been lying about my father being his son, and that he might have just said it so that he could take over as the leader of our own clan, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that they knew each other quite a bit well, so for all that I knew, KettleStar might have told him that he did not know who his father was.
I shook my head, as I got my thoughts off of all of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was even thinking on that right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, as I knew that just did not make sense either, and I really was simply just over thinking all of this, as his story did in fact make perfect sense to me.
Also the fact that we had gone on this entire hunting trip with one another, in to his own territory at that, never the less, as it had been quite a bit of a long trek, I kind of felt like he was not just going to stab me in the back what so ever at this point, as it felt like he would have done that already at this point, as it seemed like he had simply only wanted to go on this hunting trip with me, to show me some thing, or to perhaps speak to me.
I felt like the first one made a lot more sense to me, as I doubt that he would take me all this way to go and talk to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, which was once again quite a bit hard for me to do as such a thing of course, as that was due to the fact that I knew that I was in some other clans land, and not only that, but I was surrounded by a bunch of trees that felt like they were squeezing me in.
I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden shook my head a little bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden looked over to PikeStar, who it seemed like he was in his own little world right now, as he had his eyes closed, as he had quite a bit of a big smile on his face, as it was clear that he felt good just to be back in side of his territory right at this very moment in time any ways, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I could, as I then all of the sudden saw that the old tom cat then all of the sudden opened his eyes, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a big smile on his face, due to the fact that it seemed like he must have been thinking on some thing, which would make sense to me, as to but why it was that he had been standing still with his eyes closed just a few moments ago, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, as I then just simply stared right back at the old Shadowclan leader right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like he just wanted to hold on to his smile for a little while longer, none the less, which still did in fact make me feel quite a bit uncomfortable if I was going to be for real with my self once again.
I blinked my eyes a few times how ever, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw that PikeStar did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to me, all at the exact same time as well, still holding that creepy little smile on his face as he did as such a thing, as it was clear that he was letting me know that he was finally going to go on ahead and start to speak to me never the less, once again.
I stared at him for just a little bit longer, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should even do at first, as I still felt quite a bit uncomfortable with all of the things that were even going on right now, in the very first place any ways, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and nod back to the old tom cat, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, as well.
PikeStar seemed to have calmed him self down, as soon as it was that he had seen me nod back to him, just to let him know that it was in fact safe for him to speak to me. He still had that same little smile on his face that he had before hand either way, as he then did in fact finally begin to start to go on ahead and begin to speak to me, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"We are coming up in the place now... The place where it is that I met your grand mother..." He said to me, as I looked at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my face for quite a bit of some time, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too quite sure as to just what it was that I should say, or just what it was that I should really even be doing right now, as I just continued to stare at the old tom cat for just a little while longer.
The old tom cat did not seem to mind, nor did he seem to be paying me all too much attention in the very first place any ways, as I breathed in a little bit of a soft sigh of relief, all at once, as I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that was so special about this place that he was trying to take me to in the very first place any ways, as I saw that what it was that was right in front of me right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, through all of the trees.
It seemed to be a two leg place, and a very big one at that, as I did in fact begin to start to remember that he had in fact told me that he had fallen in love with a kitty pet, and he had said that the kitty pet had died when she had given birth to the 3 cats, all at the exact same time as well. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I just nodded to the tom cat, all at once, once again.
It felt weird for me to know that in my lineage, that my father's mother had been a kitty pet, meaning that I was a part kitty pet my self too, right? How could a kitty pet be a leader of a clan? That just did not make all too much sense to me what so ever, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too, as those thoughts were in fact seeming to give me a massive head ache right now.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden went right on ahead and began to start to blink my eyes a few times, as I stared at the old tom cat right in to his eyes, all at once, and I squinted my eyes a him, all at the exact same time too, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should be doing right now any ways, in the very first place, none the less.
I simply just seemed to stare at him for a little bit longer, as I was not all too sure as to just why it was that he had felt like he needed to even take me to this place in the very first place any ways, as I knew that I did not care all too much about my father parents, and I also knew that I felt like I wanted to get back to the clan as soon as I possibly could, to make sure that they were all okay right now, as it felt like I did not trust my deputy, JaggedBriar, to take care of the clan.
I did in fact trust him, but it still did in fact stress me out to be gone from my clan for this long, and it did in fact stress me out to be so far away from the clan, all at the exact same time as well, as it felt like there surely had to have been some thing going wrong in the camp right now, that I must have missed, surely, right? I was not all too sure, as I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind and my focus off of all of those thoughts all at once.
I knew that either way that it was, I should go ahead and hurry all of this up, so that we could get all of this over with in the very first place any ways, as I continued to stare at the old tom cat right in to his eyes, until he then all of the sudden finally did in fact seem to notice me, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw him turn his head over to me, all at the exact same time as well.
The old tom cat tilted his head over to me, all at once, as it was clear to me that he was in fact quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to think on the fact that I knew that I had to get this over with, and head back to camp, as I then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and start to nod to the old tom cat, to let him know that I was in fact about to go right on ahead and speak to him, none the less.
The tom cat seemed to stare at me for just a bit more time, with a little bit of a blank look on his own face, as if he did not have a single clue about what all of this was about, and just what it was that I was even doing right now, as it kind of seemed like he had only taken me here for some thing that would make him feel better, and some thing that would ease his own conscious, rather than this happen to have some thing to do with me what so ever, like it was that he had said it was, as he had told me that it was in fact quite a bit important, all at the exact same time too.
That was in fact the reason that I had in fact left the camp, and I had asked JaggedBriar to take care of the clan for the day after all. I began to start to squint my eyes at the old tom cat for just a little bit of some time, as it felt like things were starting to get more and more suspicious to me by each and every moment, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once.
Luckily, I did in fact get a little bit of some help in that aspect, as in the end, I did in fact see that the old tom cat did in fact go right on ahead and nod back to me, all at the exact same time too, to let me know that he was in fact paying attention to me right now, and that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, never the less.
Once it was that I had seen him do as such a thing like that, I then all of the sudden let out a little bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of the rest of the thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did in fact start to speak to him, now that it was that I did in fact realize that he was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to him, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
"So... You want to take me all this way, to show me where it is that you fell in love with a cat that has nothing to do with my life what so ever?" I asked him, as I kept my eyes squinted at him, all at the exact same time as well, after just what it was that I had even said to the old tom cat in the very first place any ways, once again. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self as well, as I did my best to try to calm my self down too, as I did my best to try to not get all too upset with all of this.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts, and I then all of the sudden began to start to think more on the fact that the tom cat seemed to just be paying no such sort of attention to me at all right at this very moment in time any ways, as I saw that he instead had his eyes on the two leg place that was right in front of the both of us, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to calm my self down in the mean time, all at the exact same time too.
I just kind of shook my head a little bit to my self, as I then all of the sudden went on ahead and rolled my eyes, as I stared at the two leg place that he was staring at right at this very moment in time as well, as I tried to see what it was that was so special about it, and just why it was that he felt like he needed to take me to this place in the very first place any ways, never the less, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as best as I could in the mean time, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts.
I blinked my eyes a few times to my self as well, as I then went on ahead and began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden shook my head quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I still could not see as to just what it was that I was even supposed to be looking at in the very first place any ways, and just what it was that was so special about this place either.
I could see that the tom cat seemed to have quite a bit of a sad look on his eyes, as it seemed like the memories of his old mate did in fact seem to haunt him quite a bit, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I could not help but to feel a little bit bad for him in those regards, as I felt like I could not really help but to feel a little bit bad for him that he had lost his mate, as I felt like I would just die in side if I lost mine, as I really did not even want to think on the thoughts of losing her at all, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I once again got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I now all of the sudden began to start to see that PikeStar was now all of the sudden beginning to start to walk over to the two leg place that was in front of us right at this very moment in time too, as I then all of the sudden felt like I should in fact go on ahead and follow him, none the less.
I was not all too sure as to just why it was that I was doing as such a thing, as this felt like the perfect place for him to kill me, and try to take over Windclan as the leader, all at the exact same time too, but I got my mind and my focus off of all of those other thoughts once again, as I then all of the sudden just went on ahead and began to start to nod a bit to my self, as we then continued to go over to where it was that the two leg place was at right in front of us, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as we all of the sudden stopped our selves for some odd reason or another, as I then all of the sudden saw that the old tom cat just seemed to stare up at the place that was in front of him, with a little bit of a blank look on his own face all of the sudden. He then all of the sudden began to start to stiffen him up for some odd reason or another, which confused me ever more, as it almost seemed like he was looking for some prey right now.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden began to start to realize that was not what it was that he was trying to do what so ever right at this very moment in time any ways, as I saw that he was all of the sudden beginning to sprint over to just where it was that I could see the really tall fences were at, that blocked us in to the fact of us being able to get in to the two leg place, all at the exact same time as well, which I was in fact fine with of course, as I really did not have much of any intent in going in to that place any ways.
How ever, for PikeStar, it seemed like he had much different plans that I did, as I saw him all of the sudden begin to start to fly up in the air, as I was quite a bit shocked by just how high up it was that the old tom cat could fly up in the very first place any ways, if I was going to be for real with my self, as I was not all too sure if I could do as such a thing like that any ways, all at the exact same time as well, as I shivered at even the thought of having to do that, as I felt like I would fall and break my back or some thing else.
I blinked my eyes a few times how ever, once again, as I saw that PikeStar was at the top of the fence right at this very moment in time too, as it seemed like he was staring right at me, with the same big smile that he had on his face not all too much longer ago, as it seemed like he was once again happy, and he was no longer thinking back on his old long lost mate any more, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I was still quite a bit lost by just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to tilt my head over towards the old tom cat, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was even doing right now, none the less.
The old tom cat seemed to go on ahead and start to nod to me, all at the exact same time too, as it seemed like he was letting me know that he was about to speak to me, as it seemed like he was going to say some thing important to me, none the less. I felt like I did not have much of any other choice, but to go on ahead and start to nod back to him, which I did in fact go right on ahead and do, as I then all of the sudden began to start to nod back to him, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways.
Once it was that he had seen me do as such a thing, he kind of rolled his eyes a bit towards me, for some odd reason or another, which confused me even more, though I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear him begin to speak to me, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well.
"Come on YoungTail! Come up on to the fence with me! I have some thing that I need to show you..." He said to me, as he still had the same weird and strange smile that he had on his face before hand, all at the exact same time too, as to just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, too, but it seemed like he still was in fact being serious with just what it was that he had even said, as it did in fact seem like he did in fact want me to head up on top of this fence with him, all at the exact same time too.
There was just one problem with all of that how ever, which was of course the fact that there was some thing that I felt like I could not do what so ever, which some how it had seemed like PikeStar had done quite a bit easily at that, all at the exact same time too, which was of course the fact that he had jumped up in the sky, and he had some how easily landed on top of the fence, all at the exact same time too.
I was quite a bit scared to even try to do as such a thing, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of the rest of all of those other thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to think more on the fact that had to do with me falling, and dying, or perhaps breaking some bones, all at the exact same time as well.
I was about to look up to the tom cat, and tell him no, and tell him that I was not going to do it, until I saw that the look on his eyes, and the smile that he had on his face, did not seem to be real at all, as it seemed like I could see pain deep down in side of him, as it seemed like what ever this was, this seemed to be very important to him, and that I should be taking this a lot more serious than I really was right at this very moment in time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I felt like I needed to calm my self down either way, as I felt like if the old tom cat could do it, than why could I not do it as well? Though I suppose, I had seen that the old tom cat had some how taken out FancyStar quite a bit fast at that, never the less, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like he very well could in fact still be stronger, and faster than I was, even in his old age, never the less.
I got my mind, and my focus off of all of those other thoughts once again how ever, as I felt like if the old tom cat had belief in me, and I had to have some sort of belief in my self right now, as I then all of the sudden just went on ahead and I did in fact go to nod back to the old tom cat, to let him know that I was in fact about to go right on ahead and try to jump on to the top of the fence with him, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts that I was thinking on.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden went on ahead and began to start to sprint as fast as I felt l ever head in my life, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact jump up in to the air, as I was quite a bit surprised with my self, never the less, as to just how high it was that I was able to jump, all at the exact same time too, as I had jumped so high up, that I had nearly jumped over to the other side of the fence, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had been thinking on before, as I got my mind and my focus on the fact that I needed to in fact stop my self before it was that I then did in fact fly to the other side, as I knew that would not be a pretty landing what so ever, all at the exact same time too.
As I was quite a bit surprised with just how agile it was that I even was in the air, all at the exact same time as well, I did in fact land right beside where it was that PikeStar was at, all at the exact same time too, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of the other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too.
I was at the top, and I was fine, as surprised as it felt like I might be right now, I knew that every thing was in fact going to be okay for me right now, as I then all of the sudden turned my head, and I turned my eyes over to the old tom cat, PikeStar, all at the exact same time too, as I looked at him right in to his eyes, as it seemed like he now all of the sudden had a bit of a blank look on his face all of the sudden, almost as if he had hoped that I had in fact landed wrong, and I had broken some thing.
I knew that was not the case, and I knew that I was once again thinking on some thing that was not true what so ever, as I quickly got my mind, and my focus off of all of those other thoughts once again, as I then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to the old tom cat, all at the exact same time too, as to the fact that I was in fact letting him know that I was finally ready to go on ahead and speak back to him, once again.
Once again how ever, the tom cat seemed to be a little bit lost in his own thoughts right now, as I saw that he seemed to just be staring right back at me, with that same blank look on his face, though I still did see a bit of a some pain in his eyes, all at the exact same time as well, which I was still in fact quite a bit lost about, never the less, all at once.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go on ahead and see him nod back to me, all at the exact same time too, thankfully enough at that as well, to let me know that he was in fact about to go on ahead and pay attention as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, at that, never the less.
I let out a little bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self, all at once, once again, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to speak to him, all at the exact same time as well, now that it was that I knew that he was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Alright... So what is it that you want to show me?" I asked him, as I stared at the tom cat right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time as well, to make sure that he had in fact heard as to just what it was that I had even said to him, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to calm my self down, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts that I had been thinking on before, once again, as I knew that the dark thoughts were not true at all.
I was not all too sure as to just why it was that they were even on my mind at all right now, if I was going to be for real with my self, as it felt like the dark thoughts always seemed to cloud my mind, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I possibly could, as I saw that once again, the tom cat did not seem to have his eyes on me any longer.
I was a little bit upset by it, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I felt like he had been doing that a lot to my today, as it seemed like he never wanted to answer what it was that I had to ask him, all at the exact same time as well, as he seemed to just be in his own world right now, as it seemed like he was more here for him self, rather than this have any thing to do with me, as perhaps he was only here, because I was the last part of his family that he had left.
I felt like that was the more likely option, as I kind of rolled my eyes to my self, all at once, as I felt like being back at the camp was a lot more important than this, but I felt like either way I should humor him out on this, and just go on with what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden went on ahead and began to start to nod quite a bit to my self, as I saw that the old tom cat had now all of the sudden jumped down from the fence, and he was now in the yard.
I was a little bit afraid to be in this two leg place, if I was not going to lie to my self either, but I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I felt like, if there was a dog at this place, that was going to attack us at that, than it would already be here right now. This was more than likely the place that his old mate had been at, so I felt like there was nothing at all that I should be thinking on right at this very moment in time besides that, all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times toy self, all at once, as I once again got my mind and my focus off of that.
I then instead, went on ahead and jumped down from the fence, as for one thing, it was quite a bit uncomfortable for me to keep my balance on for one thing, but also for the other thing, that was the fact that I needed to continue to follow PikeStar, over to this place, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go on ahead and jump down, all at once, as I landed on the ground, swiftly and steadily on my own 2 paws, at that.
PikeStar seemed to have heard me from right behind him, all at the exact same time as well, as I now all of the sudden saw that he had his eyes, and his focus on the fact that had to do with me now, as he just seemed to all of the sudden be staring at me right in to my eyes all of the sudden. I was a little bit lost by it, if I was going to be for real with my self, but I felt like I should not fold, as I then did in fact go right on ahead and stare at him right back on to his own face at that, never the less.
Now that it was that he had in fact seen me do as such a thing, as it seemed like he was simply only doing this as some sort of a game, he then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod to me, all at once, as it seemed like he was trying to let me know that he was in fact ready to go on ahead and start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I still was quite a bit confused as to just what it was that was even going on with him right at this very moment in time any ways.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden went on ahead and started to nod back to the old tom cat, all at the exact same time as well, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, at that, too.
The old tom cat seemed to be a little bit relieved by that as well, as it seemed like this time, he was in fact about to say some thing very important to me, based off of the look that was on his face. I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as the old tom cat did in fact finally begin to start to speak to me, and I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, at that.
"My mate died here... She left her 3 kits for me... I wish that I could have sad a final goodbye... YoungTail... Don't take life for granted... Every life matters..."