Chapter 23: Appreciated

It had been a bit of a rough day for me, due to the fact that there had been a lot of fights, and a lot of drama going on around the camp, as to just what it was that the clan should be doing in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time too, and it was kind of getting on my nerves, and upsetting me quite a bit of I was not going to lie to my self either, as I knew that this was not what our clan needed right now, either.
Luckily, there had been no cats that had left still, which was still a lot to my surprise, all at the exact same time too, as much as I had thought that it was going to be the case when ever it was that I was going to take over as the leader of Windclan, all at the exact same time too. I knew that I needed help, and I needed it badly, as I knew that I could not take care of the camp all on my own, all at the exact same time as well.
Not really the camp I suppose, as there was a lot of stuff that was going on out side of the camp that not even I was aware of, as I was still worried as to just what it was that some of the cats in the clan were even doing, as I was sending out plenty of hunting patrols, but it seemed like we were not bringing back in all that much in return, as I had not eaten any thing in the last 2 days, due to the fact that there was nothing at the prey pile.
I groaned a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I winced a bit at the thought of that, all at once, as I then all of the sudden just seemed to stare over at the prey pile for a short period of time, all at the exact same time too, as I felt a little bit uncomfortable with the fact as to just what it was that was even going on right now any ways.
The camp had been a bit empty today, as I saw that there was simply only 2 cats in camp that had just come back from a hunting patrol together, all at the exact same time as well, which just so happened to be that one of those cats was StoneSea, and the other one was JaggedBriar, which seemed to be the more important cat in this certain situation for me, all at the exact same time too.
They had not brought all that much back to camp, as I saw that there was a simple mouse that was on the prey pile, all at the exact same time too, which was where it was that JaggedBriar was at right at this very moment in time as well, as I saw that he was licking his fur to groom it quite a bit, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, never the less.
I then got my mind, and my focus on the fact that I was hungry, and I needed to eat, to be strong for the clan, but also another thought came in to my head, all at the exact same time as well, as to just how it was that I was even going to get help around the camp, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I was on my own other wise, none the less, once again.
I looked over at JaggedBriar, as it came back to me, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that had happened a long time ago, when my father had been the leader, and I had come back from the camp after just killing my brother, all at the exact same time as well. I remembered the jealous look that had been on the face of the tom cat, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that I had gotten deputy over him, none the less.
He had in fact done a lot more for the clan than I had none the less, as I had just become a warrior cat, and he had been one for several moons at that point, none the less. I felt a bit bad for him as well, as I really had never wanted to be the deputy none the less, but I felt like I needed to find some sort of excuse for the fact that I had been the one that had killed my brother, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, none the less, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, as I felt like I could think on it more once I was to get some thing to eat, none the less, as I then did in fact take the mouse that was on the now empty prey pile, all at the exact same time as well, and I then began to start to eat in to it, all at once.
It was not a very tasty mouse if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I was not all too sure if that were due to the fact that I was tired, and I really had no such sort of taste on my tongue in the very first place any ways, or if it were due to the fact that it was the fact that it was a not very fat mouse for one thing, and it was quite a bit skinny, as the mouse had clearly been in bad shape when it had been caught.
The mouse would not have made in through the leaf bare, even if it had not been caught, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I was not all too sure if Windclan was going to make it through leaf bare at the rate that we were going at right now, as I knew that it was just around the corner at this point, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then began to start to dig up a spot to put the dead prey, all at the exact same time as well, now that I was done with it, never the less, as I then all of the sudden shook my head a bit to my self, once again, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on just what it was that I had been thinking on before now, all at the exact same time as well, before it was that I had got some thing to eat, none the less.
I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I knew as to just what it was that I needed to do, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to head over to where it was that JaggedBriar was even at, all at the exact same time as well, as I was always a little bit nervous to talk to this tom cat when ever it was that I got around him for some odd reason or another, all at the exact same time as well.
I was not all too sure as to just why it was that it was the case for me, but I felt like it did not matter all too much any ways, as I once again got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden nodded to the tom cat, all at once, as soon as it was that he lifted his head up to me, as it was clear that he had seen me coming. I nodded to him to let him know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and speak to him, never the less.
JaggedBriar looked at me with a little bit of a confused look on his face, as to just what it was that I was doing, and what it was that I even wanted to talk to him about in the very first place any ways, as I knew that I usually did not go out of my way to talk to this tom cat, all at the exact same time as well. In the end how ever, after the moment of shock seemed to erase from his face, all at the exact same time as well, he did in fact nod right back over to me.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self, all at once, as I was in fact glad that he was in fact paying attention to me, all at the exact same time too. I did my best to calm my self down, all at once, as not all too much longer after all of that, never the less, I did in fact go on ahead and start to speak to the tom cat, all at once, now that I knew that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, none the less, as well.
"JaggedBriar... I know that we do not talk much but... I have some thing that I need to ask of you... You do not have to say yes to it..." I said, as I looked at the tom cat right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time as well, to make sure that he had in fact heard as to just what it was that I had even said to him in the very first place any ways, once again, never the less, as I did my best to try to stay calm and cool as I did in fact do as such a thing once again. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw him tilt his head over to me, as it was clear that he was a little bit lost, but at the very least it let me know that he had heard as to just what it was that I had even said to him, all at the exact same time as well. I let out a bit of a sigh of relief, all to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden, not all too much longer after all of that, once again, then saw him nod to me, as well, to let me know that I should continue on with what it was that I had to say to him, as it was clear that he was still listening. I nodded back to him, all at the exact same time as well, as it was a bit more of a thankful nod, as I did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to him, all at once, now that I knew that he was in fact paying attention to me, once again, never the less. "Would you like to be my deputy? I really need help around the camp, and you seem like you are the only cat that wants to help with me around the camp..."
I looked at the tom cat right in to his eyes, as soon as I had said it to him, as it seemed like it was a bit of a mutual agreement that we seemed to be having, all at the exact same time too, that the both of us clearly realized that he should have become the deputy over me that day, the day that my mother had tried to leave the clan, all at the exact same time as well, as I really had wished that I had gone with her that day to do as such a thing.
I could have protected her from my brother, and she would have been safe, and she would have been alive, all at the exact same time as well, as my father might have perhaps thought twice about the fact that he was going to send my brother out to kill us, all at the exact same time as well, if he would have known that I was in fact going with my mother to leave the clan, all at the exact same time too.
I felt like there would have been a lot of grief that I would have missed, thankfully enough, all at the exact same time as well, as I had to kill my brother, I then had to watch my best friend and my father die shortly after that, all at the exact same time as well. It made me feel sick, as to just all that was even going on in the very first place any ways, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus back on to just what it was that was even going on right in front of me right at this very moment in time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to remember that I had in fact just spoken to JaggedBriar, all at the exact same time as well, to let him know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and give him the reigns as the deputy over the clan, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I could see that there was quite a bit of a blank look on the face of the tom cat, all at the exact same time as well, as it kind of scared me, as I wondered if he really did not want to be the deputy any longer, all at the exact same time as well. I was not all too sure as to just why it was that it would be the case, as I wondered if it was perhaps due to the fact that he had kind of given up on our clan, all at the exact same time too.
I felt like a lot of the cats had kind of felt that way for a while now, but they simply were just going through the motions around the camp every day, and just waiting for the day to end, where the clan was to fall apart, all at the exact same time as well, so that they could go on ahead and move on to the next part of their life, never the less, whether that be to go become a rogue, or to become a kitty pet.
At this point, it had been a while since the Thunderclan cats had come to our camp to attack us, as we had been near the border time and time again, and they still had yet to spray the border, to let us know that they were still there. A part of me felt like they had fallen apart after they had lost their leader none the less, as I kind of hoped that it had been the case if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I felt like they had it coming when they had thought of it as a good idea to attack us.
I sighed a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts once again how ever, as I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that now all of the sudden, JaggedBriar now no longer had his eyes in to the eternal abyss of never land, all at the exact same time as well, as I looked at him for a bit of some time, as I saw that luckily enough for me, he now had his eyes directly on to mine, all at the exact same time as well.
I did not budge what so ever, as I knew that I was being dead serious with what it was that I had said to him, and it was not a joke, and it was not a game what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I sighed a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as we just seemed to stare at each other for a little bit more time, until he finally, thankfully enough none the less, did in fact nod to me, to let me know that he was finally going to respond back to what it was that I had just asked of him.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self once again, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I did in fact nod back to the tom cat, to let him know that I was in fact listening as to just what it was that he had to say in the very first place any ways, all at once, as I gulped quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as he then began to go on ahead and start to speak to me, not all too much after that, now that he knew that I was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
"YoungTail... I didn't want to be the deputy before, but I was worried that you were not going to be a good leader of the clan when your father was to pass... How ever, you seem to be doing fine, at such a young age..." He said to me, as he looked at me right in to my eyes, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he was being serious with what it was that he had just said to me, and that he was not lying to me. It made sense now, as to just why it was that he had been the way that he was before, all at the exact same time as well, as I now began to realize the look on his face that he always had was not the fact that he wanted to be the deputy and was jealous of me. It was the fact that you was a little bit off, and he was not all too sure as to just what it was that was going to happen to Windclan. Now based off of just what it was that he had said to me, it now seemed like he felt like the clan was going to be okay, so he did not want to be the deputy. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at once, as I was a bit disappointed in it, all at the exact same time as well. I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time as well, as I now for sure was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do at this point for sure now. Just as soon as it felt like I was giving up how ever, I then all of the sudden began to start to hear him speak to me, once again. I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quick to go on ahead and lift my head up, as I then once again began to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time too, never the less. "But... If you do need help, than I will be there for you... So yes... I will be your deputy..."
I looked at him, a bit surprised, as I wondered if he had said it as if felt like he had been forced in to it, due to the fact that I had my head a bit low to the ground, and I was a bit sad, and I actually did in fact need help around the clan, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I stared at him right in to his eyes, just to make sure that he was in fact okay with this, as I really did not want to force him in to it, all at the exact same time as well.
How ever, the look that I saw on his face seemed to be that he had meant as to just what it was that he had said, as he could tell that based off of the look that I had on my own face, that I was not all too certain as to just what it was that he had even said to me, all at the exact same time too. He seemed to be a little bit off by it, but he did in fact smile to me, to let me know that he had in fact meant as to just what it was that he had even said to me, all at the exact same time too.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I was in fact quite a bit relieved a to just what it was that he had said to me none the less, as I felt like it would take a lot of stress, and a lot of pressure off of my back, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew that he would make sure that the cats around the camp would stay in line, and be doing as to just what it was that they needed to be doing, all at the exact same time as well, as I cracked a bit of a smile on my own face, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I knew that at this point, every thing was going to be fine, and that every thing was going to be okay with Windclan, and that there was nothing that I needed to be worried about any more, either.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I still felt like I was a little bit lost in my head right now, as I felt like there still was a lot that should be in my head right at this very moment in time too, as I knew that I was under a lot of stress as to just what it was that was going on in this camp in the very first place any ways. How ever, it did in fact ease the tension at least a little bit, to know that JaggedBriar was in fact going to be helping me around the camp, and out side of the camp from here on out, all at the exact same time too.
I was not worried about him doing any thing bad, and not doing any thing to abuse his power, as, as much as I really did not talk to the tom cat, which I was going to have to start doing a lot now if he was going to be my deputy, none the less. I knew that he was a real cat, and he was a good cat, and he only wanted to help the clan, all at the exact same time as well, as it made sense as to just what it was that he had said to me now, all at the exact same time too.
He was in fact right with what it was that he had said to me, about the fact that he was in fact worried as to the fact that a young cat like me might take over as the leader of the clan soon, all at the exact same time as well, which in fact had happened, as my father had been killed in battle, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once how ever, once again, as I knew that I did not need to think back on that either way, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus in to the fact that I was staring at JaggedBriar right now, all at the exact same time too. I was not all too sure as to just why it was that I was even doing as such a thing for a few moments. But in the end, it gave me an idea, and it made me realize I had to say some thing to him, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded to the tom cat, all at once.
The tom cat looked at me for just a few moments, with the same blank look that he had on his face before hand, all at the exact same time too, which I was not quite as worried about this time, as in the end, he did in fact nod back to me, to let me know that he was in fact paying attention to me once again. I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, as things seemed to be going according to plan, as I then did in fact begin to go on ahead and start to speak to him, all at the exact same time as well, now that I knew that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Thank you JaggedBriar... I can't tell you how much this means to me..." I said to him, as I looked at the tom cat right in to his eyes, to make sure that he knew that I did in fact mean as to just what it was that I had even said to him in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well. The tom cat seemed to look at me for just a few moments, as if he had in fact not heard as just what it was that I had even said to him.
In the end how ever, I thankfully saw him blink his head a few times, as he cracked a bit of the same smile that he had on his face before, as he then all of the sudden nodded back to me as a bit of a response, all at the exact same time as well, to let me know that he was in fact glad that he could help, all at the exact same time too. I let out a bit of a soft, relieved sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as it felt like it had cleared a heavy boulder off of my back all the exact same too.
I blinked my eyes a few times this time, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to watch as the tom cat then all of the sudden began to start to walk away from me, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he was heading over to the warriors den, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he was going to go on ahead and get some sleep for the evening, never the less.
I nodded a bit to my self, as I watched him leave, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to look away from the tom cat, all at the exact same time as well, as I looked over at some thing else in the clearing that was a bit more interesting to me, all at the exact same time too, which in this case was the fact that I saw that there were 3 cats heading in to the clearing, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that they were just going in to the entrance of camp, never the less.
Those 3 cats, as I saw that the cat at the front of those 3, happened to be my mate BreezeFoot, who I still felt a bit bad for, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I had not spending nearly as much time with her as I probably should have, all at the exact same time as well. That of course, was simply due to the fact that I was now the leader of Windclan, and I had a lot of other things going on around me than the fact that I could spend time with my mate.
I knew that it did not make her angry at all, luckily enough for me, all at the exact same time too. It did in fact make her feel a bit sad how ever, as I knew that she felt a bit lonely right now, all at the exact same time as well, now that I did not have any sort of time that I could give to her any more, all at the exact same time too. Hell... I did not even have time for my apprentice, all at the exact same time as well, as I had kind of handed her the reigns of my apprentice, since I had taken over as the leader of Windclan, all at the exact same time as well.
I sighed a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I felt a bit bad for that at first, until I then all of the sudden saw that the 3rd cat that was in the bunch, just so happened to be MoosePaw, all at the exact same time too, which did in fact upset me, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that I knew that MoosePaw had his own mentor that could take him out on hunting patrols, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
Not only that, but I knew that MoosePaw was still in love with my mate BreezeFoot, all at the exact same time as well, as I was fairly certain that she knew that he was in fact in love with her, all at the exact same time too, as I would not be surprised if he had admitted it to her before, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too.
I was sure that she had not done it to try to get back at me in any way, or to try to hurt me what so ever, as I then all of the sudden began to start to notice, all at once, that MoosePaw did not seem to have his eyes on my mate what so ever right now, as instead, he seemed to be talking to TinyPaw, and it seemed like he must be telling him all sorts of stories, based off of the looks that were on the face of the young kit, all at the exact same time too.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw that my mate was now all of the sudden beginning to start to walk over to me, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that she had a big smile on her face, all at once, as I saw that she had a big rabbit in her mouth, and the other 2 cats had 2 juicy voles.
I kind of wished that I had waited a little bit longer now that I came to think on it, rather than eating that mouse, but it was a little bit too late on that at this point, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts once again, as I then all of the sudden saw that BreezeFoot was heading right over to me for some odd reason or another, which was very much to my surprise, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to regain a little bit of some control, and some composure over my self, as I then nodded to her, all at once.
She looked at me for just a few moments, as she then went past me, all at the exact same time too, which in fact kind of hurt me, and it disappointed me, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to remember that I had been at the prey pile long before now, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that she had simply come over to me to drop the prey off in to the prey pile, all at the exact same time too. I let out a bit of a soft sigh of disappointment all at once, as I then began to start to slowly dip my head a bit low to the ground, all at once.
As I stood there for a little bit longer, and I just seemed to stare out in to no where, I then all of the sudden felt a cat rub up against my fur, all at the exact same time too, which very much to my surprise none the less, just so happened to in fact be BreezeFoot, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden lifted my head up a bit, all at the exact same time too, to see as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was a little bit surprised by it, none the less, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw her start to nod to me, all at once, to let me know that she was in fact about to go on ahead and start to speak to me, all at the exact same time too, thankfully enough, none the less, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self, all at once, as I was in fact glad that she was not ignoring me, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to nod back to her, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, none the less. I gulped a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I could not mess this moment up, all at the exact same time as well, as she did in fact go on ahead and start to speak to me, all at once, once it was that she had in fact seen me nod to her, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that she even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well. I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say, all at the exact same time too.
"TinyPaw and MoosePaw got some good prey... Hopefully that will be enough for the night for the rest of our clan..." She said to me, all at once, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, all at the exact same time too, as it seemed like she was not upset at me at all, all at the exact same time as well, luckily enough for me, which I was in fact relieved by if I was not going to lie to my self either, as that was what it was that I had been a bit afraid about in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I saw that she was in fact a bit sad, as I could see it in her eyes, as it did in fact seem like she was a little bit hurt due to the fact that we did not seem to be able to talk as much, and hang out as much as we used to, all at the exact same time too, which it felt like there was not all too much that I could do about that either.
I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I then all of the sudden blinked my eyes a few times, as I saw that she had her head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time as well, for some odd reason or another, which did in fact confuse me a bit as to just why that was in fact the case for her, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, as I then all of the sudden began to start to realize, all at once, as to just why it was that it had been the case for her, all at the exact same time too, as I realized that it was in fact my fault none the less, as to the fact that I simply had my eyes in a bit of a place called no where, all at the exact same time too.
To her, it seemed like I was lost in my own head, and I was lost in my mind, such as I usually was when ever it was that we even tried to talk now a days, all at the exact same time too, which I did in fact begin to start to feel a little bit guilty as to that, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I could.
I knew as to just why it was that I was that way in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I knew that I really could not help it. I still felt like I could not help but to feel a bit bad about it how ever, as I knew that she must be feeling really lonely right now, all at the exact same time too, as she must be feeling really empty right now, all at the exact same time too. I felt a bit bad for it, if I was not going to lie to my self either, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to lift her head up, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
She looked at me a little bit confused at first, as I saw her tilt my head over to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that she could see that she saw a few tears start to fall from my eyes, all at the exact same time too. I felt bad, as I felt like I should be trying harder for her, and that I should stop being so worried about the clan, all at the exact same time too. I knew that now that JaggedBriar was going to be the new deputy of the clan, it would help get me to have some time for her, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden then nodded to her, all at the exact same time as well, to let her know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and start to speak to her, all at the exact same time too. She looked at me with a bit of a blank look on her face at first, as if she did not have a clue as to just what it was that was even going on right now, in the very first place any ways, never the less.
How ever, in the end, luckily enough for me, I did in fact see her nod back to me, all at once, to let me know that she was in fact paying attention to me, all at the exact same time too, and that she, much unlike I was a lot of the times that she spoke to me, was not lost in her own little world, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact go on ahead and start to speak to her, all at the exact same time too, now that I did in fact know that she was in fact beginning to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to her, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"I can't tell you how much I love you BreezeFoot... I have plans to help the clan, and I will be spending some more time with you soon... You have been working hard, and it is recognized... You are appreciated..."