Chapter 16: I Want To Stay

It smells nasty, and it wreaked of pure havoc all around us, as it was one of the worst smells that I had ever smelt in my life, if I was not going to lie to my self, as it made me want to vomit, as to the fact that we were back at this place, as I knew that I never wanted to be back here ever again, after what it was that had happened last night. Not only that, but I was also scared that there was still a few Thunderclan cats waiting around, as it was clear that they had suspected us, none the less.
All and all, as much as I wanted to say that we had lost the battle, due to the fact that I knew that we had lost my best friend for one thing, and also the fact that we were the ones that had in fact ran away from the night after all, we had actually killed 2 cats as I had been told, and for all that we knew, some might die of injuries, or sicknesses that they might get from the injuries.
Besides the fact that we had lost my best friend, the rest of the clan had seemed to make it out of there okay, all at the exact same time as well, as I was glad for that, but I was not glad for the fact that I had lost my best friend, as it was also my mates brother, as I knew that she was in a lot of pain right at this very moment in time as well. There was also the fact that she had a lot of anger, and a lot of hatred brewing up in her right now.
She had told my father that we should go and attack the Thunderclan camp, and get back on them whilst they were still weak, and whilst they would not expect it. I kind of agreed with her on that, even though I knew she only said it due to the fact that she was angry, as I knew that it was simply due to the fact that I knew that Thunderclan was not finished with us now.
PikeStar had been in a lot of pain after what it was that had happened, and what it was that he had seen, as it was not physical pain at all that he was battling through right now. He had told us those were safe grounds, and that Starclan was angry at us right at this very moment in time too. If there was a Starclan of course, which I still was not all too sure of, than I felt like they were not happy with us for sure.
We had gone on to their sacred soil, and we had practically shit all over it, and we had spilt blood all over it, all at the exact same time as well. Whilst it had not been our fault, and it had not been our plan, much as it had clearly been the plan of FancyStar before all of this, as to just what it was that she was even going to do at the gathering, we still were a part of it, and we still had made cuts, and blood on to the sacred soil never the less.
I sighed a bit to my self, as I knew that there was nothing that could be done about it at this point, as I shook off all of those thoughts from out of my mind, all at once, as I got my focus on the fact as to just what it was that I was doing with my mate right at this very moment in time any ways, as I felt quite a bit sick, and I felt empty in side right now, if I was not going to lie to my self either.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I looked over at my mate, as I saw that she was still staring at her brothers dead corpse, as I saw that there were tears falling from her eyes right now. As much as I just wanted to get this over with right now, due to the fact that we were soaking wet in rain right now, I felt like I should let her have her time of some pain right now, as I knew that this for sure was not some thing that you should take lightly at all.
I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do right now, nor what it was that I could do to help my mate at all right at this very moment in time either, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I breathed in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to stay strong through all of this, though it was quite a bit hard for me to, if I was not going to lie to my self, none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I saw that BreezeFoot had all of the sudden turned her head over to me, as I could tell that she was in quite a bit of some pain still right now, as I saw that she looked at me right in to my eyes. I knew that she needed me to be strong for her right now, which I could not lie, that was quite a bit hard for me none the less, as I knew that it was my best friend for one thing, but also the fact that it hurt me to see my mate in so much pain right at this very moment in time too.
I winced quite a bit too my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden lifted my head back up to my mate, and I looked at her right in to her eyes, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I could really do for her right now, as I was not all too sure as to just how it was that I could in fact stay strong for her right now. I did my best to how ever, as I then all of the sudden saw her nod to me, all at once, to let me know that she was about to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay strong for my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden nodded back to her, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention to her right now, which I could tell did in fact make her feel a lot better, all at the exact same time too, thankfully enough for me, as I did in fact start to hear her begin to speak up to me, not all too much longer after all of that, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, none the less.
"He was a great brother... And a great friend... I loved him so much, and I know that you did too YoungTail..." She said to me, as I saw that there was a lot of pain in her eyes right at this very moment in time too. I felt sick, as it felt hard for me to be strong right now, if I was not going to lie to my self, as it hurt me to see my mate in so much pain right at this very moment in time too, never the less.
Not only that, but it made me wince, as to the fact that I saw the dead body of my best friend from right behind her, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that for sure was not a nice and pretty sight to see on an ugly day such as the one that we were having right at this very moment in time too, as I felt quite a bit hurt, as it felt like I was now missing another piece of my soul after what it was that had just happened all at once.
It seemed to just slowly be fading away on me, all at once, as it felt like I was losing every thing, and every one that I had ever loved, all at the exact same time as well, and that I was not gaining all too much on return none the less, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I stared at my mate right in to her eyes.
I could see that she felt empty in side as well, which it hurt me to see her that way, but at the exact same time as well, I felt like I could not blame her for being thag way right at this very moment in time too how ever, as I kind of felt the exact same way as she did right now, if I was not going to lie to my self either. I did my best to try to stay strong, but it was quite a bit hard for me, as I felt water under my eyes, but I was not sure if it were tears, or it was just the rain.
This seemed like it was the worst of days that I had seen in a very long time, as I knew for a fact that it did not make me feel any sort of better to all of the stuff that was going on, and all of the pain that I was going through right at this very moment in time as well, never the less, as I was about to dip my head a bit low to the ground, once again, but I did not, as I knew that I had to stay strong for BreezeFoot, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that now was a time that she needed me the most, as I knew that I needed to be there for her none the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden nodded back to my mate, all at once, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like I kind of just wanted to get out of here as soon as I could, as I felt like some thing was wrong, and some thing was a bit off with the grounds that we were trotting on, right at this very moment in time too, as I just wanted to get us out of here as soon as I could, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I knew that the weather only made me feel even worse.
I stared at BreezeFoot for just a little bit longer, as I then all of the sudden saw her nod back as a response to me, to let me know that she was paying attention to me, and that it was in fact safe for me to go on ahead and speak back to her, and say what ever it was that I had to say to her in the very first place any ways. I felt like I was on fine ground as it was right now, as I knew that I did not want to say any thing stupid. I did my best to stay strong, for the both of us, as I did in fact begin to start to speak to her, all at the exact same time too, now that I knew that she was in fact listening as to just what it was that I had to say to her in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Come on... Let's get him out of here... He doesn't deserve to be left here... We need to take him back to camp, and bury his body over there..." I said to her, as I looked at her right in to her eyes, to make sure that she had in fact heard as to just what it was that I had even just said to her in the very first place any ways, once again. She looked at me with a bit of a blank look on her face for just a few moments, until thankfully, she did in fact nod back to me as a little bit of a response back to me, all at the exact same time as well, how ever.
I was glad that she realized that we did in fact need to get out of here as well, as I let out a bit of a relieved sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then saw her begin to start to head over to the body of her dead brother, all at the exact same time too, as I then saw her lift up the body from off of the ground, all at the exact same time too, as I was a bit surprised as to just how easy it even was in the very first place any ways, for her to do as such a thing none the less.
I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I suppose that it was a lot easier when he wasn't fighting back against her, as I stared at her for a little bit longer, as she brought the body over to me, and she then dropped it on top of the both of our backs, so that we could carry his body with the both of us, all the way back to camp, all at the exact same time as well. As much pain as I felt like the both of us were in right now, this felt like it was also a much needed moment, to draw the both of us closer together.
I nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw that BreezeFoot nodded to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was now clear to me that she was ready to get out of this place that we had been stuck in for quite a bit of some time now, as well, none the less. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, one last time, as I did in fact begin to start to down the hill that led back to camp.
It was quite a bit slippery, due to all of the mud, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I felt like this was not going to be a fun walk at all, on our way back to the camp, none the less. We were going to have to deal with it how ever, as it had been our own decision to come out of the camp on a nasty day like today, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that these were the worst for us, especially due to the fact that we lived on the moor lands.
It was one benefit of living in the trees, if I was not going to lie to my self, as it kind of brought up some thing, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that FancyStar had said to all of us last night, and the offer that she had given out to us, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that she had offered for all of us to go and join her clan. What if that was not so much of a bad idea, none the less? I then shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I knew that it was in fact a terrible idea, all at the exact same time as well.
She had just attacked us last night, just due to the fact that my father had said no to the offer. I did not want to live in a clan where the leader treated cats like that. Also the fact as to just what it was that we had gone to go and do right at this very moment in time as well. She had led to the death of my best friend, who was some one that I had truly loved, and some one that my mate had truly loved too. There was no forgiving that cat for that, all at the exact same time as well.
It kind of brought up some thing that BreezeFoot had said earlier, even if she was still angry about Thunderclan taking her brother away from her, it was in fact quite a bit tempting, as I felt like we should go and do it when they least suspected it, all at the exact same time as well, as I blinked my eyes a few times too. We needed to go and attack them, as I knew that they were going to do it at some point soon in the near future, like it or not.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to get my focus off of all of those thoughts instead how ever, as I just got my focus on the fact that we needed to get back to camp, before it was that I was to do any thing else, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I then all of the sudden nodded to my self, as I squinted my eyes, and I continued to go look out in to the distance, to the camp, not thinking of any thing else besides that fact that we needed to get back home, and we needed to rest.