Chapter 35: All Dead

It had been quite a bit cold around the camp if I was not going to lie to my self either, as there was hardly any one in the camp for one thing, and the cats that were even in the camp did not seem to speak all too much what so ever. The cats had mostly been getting food for themselves clearly, as when I saw cats go out to hunt, they never came back with any thing, which I knew was against the warrior code to do what it was that they were doing right now, but I was not going to say any thing about it.
Plus, I knew that most of the cats in the clan any ways did not believe in any of that all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could have possibly did, as I just shook my head quite a bit to my self, as I knew that in order for things to maintain in the camp, than it meant that I needed to get food for RabbitNose.
She had said that she was fine and she could hunt for her self, which I knew that she had hardly any sort of experience with hunting, even if the lands were rich with prey right now, I still felt like I did not want to leave her hanging, nor did I want to have her leave the camp what so ever, at a time that we were even in right at this very moment in time any ways, as I felt like at any point in time right now, the Riverclan cats could in fact be coming back from their journey, all at the exact same time too.
I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh, as I felt like there were going to be quite a bit of some cats that were going to need some assistance as well, as soon as it was that they were to get back, as I knew that even if SniffEyes too was in fact a medicine cat, and he knew just as well as she did, as to just what it was that he was doing, I still felt like I could not help but to trust RabbitNose in all of this a lot more than I had my trust on SniffEyes sadly enough for him, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts, as I knew that if there were 15 or so cats that came back in the very first place any ways, than it would mean that they would more than likely need the help of more than one medicine cat, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could in fact possibly do, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I grunted quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, as I knew that things were fine in camp, and as freaked out as I felt like I was in the camp, when ever it was that I did in fact leave to do a quick bit of a hunting trip, none the less, it still freaked me out, and it did in fact put me quite a bit on edge to leave the camp behind, especially since there was not all too much that was even left in the camp in the very first place any ways, once again.
I shivered at all of those other thoughts, as I simply just stared at the entrance for quite a bit of some time, as I did my best to try to calm my self down in the mean time, as I felt some thing quite a bit strange, and quite a bit ominous in the air all the exact same time as well, once again, never the less. I did my best to try to calm my self down all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the paw steps of some other cat heading over to me right now.
I was a little bit lost, and I was quite a bit confused as to just what it was that was even going on right now, in the very first place any ways, at first, as I then did in fact begin to start to turn my head over in the direction that it was that I even heard some paw steps coming from, all at the exact time as well, none the less, as I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I looked over at the cat that was coming over in my direction clearly, as I knew that there would be no other reason that there would be a cat coming over to the tall rock right at this very moment in time as well, besides of course, unless it was to speak to me, as there was nothing here for them that would help them at all what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, as I did in fact immediately realized that the cat was RabbitNose of course.
I was quite a bit lost by it at first, but I also once again noticed that she had quite a bit of a worried look on her face all at the exact same time as well, as it felt like what ever it was that she was about to go on ahead and say to me, all at the exact same time as well, no matter what could not be any thing good what so ever right now, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I gulped quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do about any of this.
As the she cat got closer to me, I saw that she kept that worried look on her face, as I saw that she then did in fact begin to start to look at me right in to my eyes all at once, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, once again, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and get my mind, and get my focus on the fact that it was clear that she was not going to be the one to speak to me first.
It confused me quite a bit if I was not going to lie to my self either, as to just why it was that she had come over to me right now in the very first place any ways, if it was that she had in fact expected me to be the first one to speak all at the exact same time as well. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I tilted my head over towards her, quite a bit lost, but in the end, I did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to her, to let her know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and start to speak to her, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I could tell that it had in fact made her feel a little bit better, but still, I could not help but to notice that she still had quite a bit of the same worried look that I had seen on her face a little bit longer before now, on her face still right at this very moment in time, none the less. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as in the end, RabbitNose thankfully did in fact nod back to me, all at the exact same time as well, to let me know that she was in fact paying attention to me right at this very moment in time as well.
I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of some sort of relief to my self, as I felt quite a bit better now that it was that I had in fact seen her do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, once again. I then did in fact after just a little bit more time, begin to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to her, now that it was that I knew that she was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to her, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"What did you come over to me for? Did you need me to get you some more prey, or is some one sick, or in trouble?" I asked her, as I looked at her right in to her eyes all at the exact same time as well, as I still could not help but to feel like neither of those were in fact the case what so ever, as I knew that the cats that we did in fact have left in camp that had not gone with JaggedBriar and the others, were not even in the camp right now in the very first place any ways.
I knew that it was later in the day at this point, but I felt like the half off a rabbit that I had caught for her earlier should have for sure sufficed for her for the time being, all at the exact same time too. I was not all too sure by all of it if I was not going to lie to my self, as I felt like I had a lot of thoughts going on through my head right now, as it felt like I had a bunch of dark thoughts, and a bunch of scary thoughts that wanted to come in to my head right now, but I did my best to ignore them.
I felt like the worst of my life was over with at this point, as I knew that I needed to move on, and that I needed to work with what it was that I even had left for me in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I shivered as I did my best to try to calm my self down, and to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had even been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too.
I stared at the young she cat for just a little bit longer, as I saw that she looked all around the camp for a few moments, as I was not all too sure if that were her doing some thing to make sure that no other cats were around to here her, or if she just felt quite a bit off right now, just due to the fact that me and her were the only cats that were in the camp right at this very moment in time any ways, none the less. It kind of made sense as to just why it was that she would be worried, and be a bit freaked out about all of this, if I was not going to lie to my self either.
I felt quite a bit sick, and I felt quite a bit scared, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now once again too, as I felt like she was simply just a bit afraid, and a bit worried that there was some thing going on, due to the fact that me and her were the only cats that were in the camp right at this very moment in time any ways, which I did not feel like was the case what so ever, if I was not going to lie to my self, once again.
I still felt like I could not help but to shiver, as I still felt some thing a bit off, and I felt some thing quite a bit cold in the air right at this very moment in time any ways, that I could not quite render, all at the exact same time as well, which I was not all too sure as to just why that was in fact the case, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off the fact that there was in fact some thing that might be going on right at this very moment in time any ways, once again.
I simply just stared at the medicine cat right in to her eyes, just as she had been doing over towards me for quite a bit of some time, once again. I could tell that she still had that same scared look on her face, which I felt like she should not have at all right now, as I did my best to try to calm her down with the look that was on my face right at this very moment in time any ways, but that seemed to not do all too much what so ever, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I saw that she simply still had the same scared look on her face that she had long before now, as she then all of the sudden began to start to shake her head over towards me for some odd reason or another too.
I was quite a bit lost by it if I was not going to lie to my self right now, as I felt like I had quite a bit of some broad range of thoughts that were going on through my mind right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, that it felt like I really could not get much of a grasp, and much of a control of right at this very moment in time any ways. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I then did in fact tilt my head over towards her, and I did in fact squint my eyes over towards her all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
That did not seem to bother her all too much what so ever how ever, as it seemed like that was enough for her to know that I was in fact paying attention to her, which I was of course, as she then did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say in the very first place any ways, at that.
"I feel some thing very strange, and very eerie in the air right now... Some thing has happened... Starclan is telling me..." She said to me, as this time it was her turn to squint her eyes at me, after just what it was that she had even said in the very first place any ways none the less, which I was a bit lost as to just why it was that was in fact the case, until I then began to start to delve quite a bit deeper in to the thoughts on just what it was that she had even said to me in the very first place any ways, once again.
She had brought up Starclan, which the both of us knew very well that I did not believe in all of that mumbo jumbo in the very first place any ways, about the fact that I had been told when I was a young kit, that was where it was that all of the cats went when ever it was that they had passed along, unless of course they had not lived a good life, and they had not lived up to the expectations that their ancestors had even said to them in the very first place any ways, once again, none the less.
The thought on all of that almost wanted to make me catch a bit of a smirk on my face, all at the exact same time as well, until I then began to start to remember the serious look that she had on her face, and I also began to start to remember some thing that it was that PikeStar had told me not all too much longer ago, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, the exact same day that it was that he had passed along him self, potentially over to Starclan, all at the exact same time too, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self calm, as I remembered the exact words that he had said to me, almost as if it was that he was whispering it in to my ear right at this very moment in time any ways, as I heard him speaking to me, 'Starclan is not happy with us right now...' He had said to me, as I felt like it was a bit of a joke all at the exact same time as well, but the more that I began to start to think on all of that, I began to start to think that it might not be a joke what so ever.
What if it were all true? What if all of the stories that I had been told when I was a young kit, were in fact real, and there was a place that cats went to when ever it was that they died, all at the exact same time as well. It would make sense as to just why it was that they would be angry with us, as I could say for a fact that they were putting their wrath on us right at this very moment in time as well, once again, on the fact that I knew that hardly any cats believed in Starclan.
The ones that did, were more than likely in Starclan them selves right at this very moment in time as well, none the less. I felt quite a bit cold, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been think on long before now, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I then all of the sudden just went on ahead and began to start to get my mind, and I got my focus back on to the present situation that was even going on around me right at this very moment in time too.
What it was that just so happened to be going on around me, was the fact that I was starting to feel like I had woken my self up a bit, and I felt like there was some stuff that was going on right at this very moment in time any ways, that I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways, once again. I gulped quite a bit heavily to my self, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had even been thinking on long before now once again.
I turned my head over to the entrance of camp, as I felt like some thing was going on right now, over there, that I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was going on, or just what it was that it could be that had my eyes, and had my focus on the entrance to the camp right at this very moment in time any ways, none the less. I did my best to try to calm my self down, though I could clearly see that from the corner of my eyes, that RabbitNose was looking over in the exact same time direction that I was right now.
I began to start to put my claws out, as I was a bit afraid that some thing was coming, and some thing was about to attack us. I felt like no matter what it was, it was more than likely not going to be any thing good at all, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that once again. I felt like it was never bad to be too safe on some thing that I was even thinking about right at this very moment tin time any ways, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
As I stared at the entrance to the camp for just a little bit longer, I then all of the sudden began to start to see quite a bit of some movement right at this very moment in time as well, as it was clear that there was a cat that was coming in to the camp right now, and that cat was coming in fast, as if the cat was afraid of some thing, or perhaps the cat was running from some thing right at this very moment in time as well, once again, as I felt like it was in fact smart for me to have my claws out, and to be ready for any thing.
I was about to hiss at the cat that went through the briar patch, when I then all of the sudden began to start to realize that the cat that had in fact headed right through the briar patch, all at the exact same time as well, just so happened to be MooseEars. Not only was in MooseEars, as I knew that he had gone with JaggedBriar and the rest of the cats a few days ago, to go and help the Riverclan cats that they had found out there, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
How ever, MooseEars seemed to be alone, which at first I would think that was due to the fact that he was going to tell us the news as to just what it was that was going on, but I began to start to think that if he had come to tell us news, than the news was not good what so ever, right at this very moment in time too, as I could see the tom cat was covered in blood, which I was not sure if it was his own blood, or if it was the blood of some other cats, all at the exact same time too.
Either way, I felt like it was nothing good what so ever, as it seemed like as soon as it was that MooseEars had in fact got in to the camp, he did in fact collapse right on to the ground, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, once again. I was still quite a bit lost if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I did not have a single clue as to just what it was that was even going on with him right at this very moment in time any ways, and just what it was that had happened at the Riverclan place in the very first place any ways, once again.
Both me and RabbitNose quickly began to start to run over to him, to go and help him, and see as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, all at the exact same time as well. As we drew closer to him, I luckily saw that he did not seem to have any major injuries, at least as far as I could see on him, but I could still see he was covered in blood, and that he had been running back to our camp, and it seemed like he had been running quite a bit fast, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, as I stared at the tom cat right in to his eyes, as in the end, I did in fact go right on ahead and start to nod to him, all at the exact same time too, none the less, to let him know that as tired as it was that he was right now, he was going to have to answer some questions that I was about to have to ask him, all at the exact same time as well, as to just what it was that had even happened back at the Riverclan camp, all at the exact same time as well.
MooseEars seemed to be quite a bit out of it, at least for the time being, as it was clear that he did not have a single clue as to just what it was that was going on right at this very moment in time none the less. It seemed like his eyes were quite a bit woozy, as it seemed like he was in quite a bit of a daze right at this very moment in time any ways. I still did my best to try to keep my self calm, as in the end, I did in fact see that MooseEars did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod back to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, to let me know that he was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was even about to go on ahead and start to say to him as well.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could right now, which felt quite a bit hard right now if I was not going to lie to my self either, due to the fact that I felt like there was a lot of bad thing that were in my head right now. I felt like I needed to ask questions, and I needed to get answers before it was that I assumed some thing, as I then did in fact begin to start to begin to speak to the young tom cat, all at once, as soon as it was that I did in fact know that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
"What's going on MooseEars? What happened?!" I said to him, as I felt like I was trying to keep my self calm right now, though I was clearly doing quite a bit of a bad job at it right at this very moment in time as well, as I could even hear my own tone of panic in my voice after just what it was that I had even said to him, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I felt like they were going to look at me a bit confused due to that, as I was the leader after all, at that.
How ever, that did not seem to be the case what so ever right now, as that seemed to be due to the fact that they were both feeling the same way as I was right at this very moment in time as well, once again. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I just stared at the tom cat right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like he was quite a bit blank, and he was quite a bit empty in side, after the question that I had in fact just gone on ahead and asked him, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, once again.
As I stared at the dark tom cat for just a little while longer, I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that the dark look on his face began to start to go away, as instead, I then now all of the sudden saw him in quite a bit of a look of some pain right at this very moment in time too, as I felt quite a bit bad for him, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that had happened to him, and all that had happened at the Riverclan place, all at the exact same time as well.
What ever it was, I had to assume that it was nothing good at all, what so ever, as it was clear that he had come back alone, and not only that, but he was in a lot of pain, as it seemed like some thing very bad had happened at the place, all at the exact same time as well. I was ready to get up and sprint to help them, all at the exact same time too, but I felt like I needed to find out some more information before it was that I did in fact do some thing of those sorts, once again.
I simply just seemed to stare at the tom cat, as in the end, I then all of the sudden began to start to see that a few tears began to start to drop from the eyes of the young tom cat, as, as empty as it seemed like he was right now, it seemed like there was a lot that he was trying to hold back right now. I wish that he would just tell me what it was, so that I could under stand as to just what it was that was happening, and what it was that had in fact even happened in the very first place any ways, once again.
I just seemed to stare at him for a little bit longer, as I saw that his head was now dipped quite a bit low to the ground, as it did not seem like he could any longer lock eyes with me, as I was not sure if that were due to the fact that he felt guilty for some thing that might have happened at the place, or if that were due to the fact that he was trying to hide a lot of pain, and a lot of emotion from me, as I knew that we were not the best of friends, and he was also trying to look strong for the leader of the clan as well.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should do, as I felt like it might be best for me to move back, and just let what ever happens, happen, as I saw that RabbitNose was now all of the sudden all on top of the tom cat, as it was clear that she was trying to search him for any possible wounds right at this very moment in time as well, as she could clearly see that he was in pain, at least mentally, and he had a lot of blood that he was covered in right at this very moment in time as well.
As she seemed to search him down, she then let go of him, as MooseEars continued to just stare down at the ground with the same blank look that he had on his face before, as it did not seem like he cared what so ever as to just what it was that had happened, all at the exact same time as well any more. I felt sick if I was not going to lie to my self, as I feared for just what it was that had happened, as I saw RabbitNose let go of the tom cat, and she turned her head over to me, and she then shook her head over to me, all at the exact same time too.
I still was quite a bit lost by it, but I still did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, just like any good leader would do for their clan mates, all at the exact same time as well, as in the end, I finally then all of the sudden began to start to see that MooseEars did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to lift his head up to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a dark look on his face once again, as he shook his head over towards me all of the sudden.
I tilted my head over towards him, as I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that he was getting at right now. How ever, I was fairly certain at the very least, that he was in fact letting me know that he was about to go right on ahead and begin to speak to me, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod back to him, to let him know that I was in fact paying my fullest attention to him at the very least.
I was not all too sure if it made him feel any better at all, as he seemed to just still be staring at me with the same bit of a blank, and a bit of a sickening look on his face, all at the exact same time as well, as in the end, he did in fact finally begin to start to speak to me, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, none the less, at that.
"JaggedBriar... He tried to protect us... TinyPaw... He was with me... But they got him to... YoungTail... They're all dead..."