Chapter 17: Mentor

I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was quite a bit surprised at just what it was that the young, and tiny tom kit had even said in the very first place any ways, to my father. His name was TinyKit after all, but it was clear to me, that even with the name that the kit had, it did not show that in his mental state, as it was clear that this was a very strong kit, all at the exact same time too, as I squinted my eyes at the young kit, as if I was trying to test him never the less.
It was clear that TinyKit was not paying me any sort of attention how ever, as he should not be, due to the fact that I knew that his eyes should be on my father right now, as that was after all, who it was that he had just spoken to in the very first place any ways. I also felt like he should be looking at his mother as well, as I knew that she was the one that was planning on leaving the clan with her kits in the very first place any ways, none the less.
It was clear that he did not want to look over at his mother how ever, as I felt like that might be due to the fact that he kind of felt like he was leaving his mother behind, due to the fact that he wanted to stay in Windclan, whilst his mother wanted to take him and his sister to some other place, more than likely a two leg place if I had to take my best guess, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as possible, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that a good leader would be calm in a situation such as the one that we were in right now. It was clear to me that the kit was very loyal to the clan, which kind of lacked some of that for the rest of the clan, even after the fact that no one had wanted to go move in with Thunderclan when they had offered it to us.
I felt like they just didn't want to live in the wild, and it was not just the fact that they were not loyal to our clan, and wanted to go join another clan how ever. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind back on to just what it was that was even going on right in front of me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I saw from the corner of my eyes, that the mother of TinyKit, which was HeartFurn of course, was in a lot of pain as to just what it was that the kit had just said to my father in the very first place any ways, which made sense none the less, as I knew that a mother would never want to leave one of her kits behind, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I got my mind, and my focus off of all of that, all at the exact same time as well, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden looked over to my father, as I was quite a bit interested in just what it was that he had to say about all of this, and just what it was that he was even thinking on all of this, all at the exact same time as well, as I then stared right at my father, all at once, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at the young kit.
At first, I was a little bit worried that he was not taking the kit any sort of serious what so ever, as to the fact that there was a reason that his name was in fact TinyKit, after all. I was a bit scared for that, as I hoped that my father could at least see that the kit had some heart, and it was very brave of him as to just what it was that the kit was even doing right at this very moment in time too, which was for sure some thing that our clan needed right at this very moment in time too.
I knew that the kit was small after all, but I hoped that my father could over come all of that, and that he could at least see that our clan was dying, like it or not, right now, and that we needed as many cats as possible, that we could get right now, preferably a young cat such as TinyKit, never the less, as I knew that our clan did in fact need some new life in to the clan, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, once again, none the less.
I saw my father look at the young kit for just a little bit longer, as he then all of the sudden blinked his eyes a few times, all at once, which I was a little bit lost as to just why it was that it was the case in the very first place any ways, and just what it was that my father was even doing right at this very moment in time too, as I then began to start to squint my eyes at him, all at the exact same time as well.
That was of course, until I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of the young kit, as he then finally did in fact seem to start to wake him self up, all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw that TinyKit was now beginning to start to speak back to his mother, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to the young kit, as I saw that his eyes were now all of the sudden on his mother, all at the exact same time as well.
I could tell that he was not all too happy with his mother, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that he did not have a very happy look on his face for one thing, but also the fact that he had his eyes squinted at his mother, such as my father had his eyes squinted at him, not all too much longer before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I could tell that it did in fact have HeartFurn thrown off quite a bit, never the less, all at the exact same time too.
HeartFurn after a little while longer how ever, did in fact nod over to her kit, to let him know that she was in fact willing to pay attention as to just what it was that the kit had to say in a little bit of some response to his mother, all at the exact same time too. After just a little bit longer, as it did in fact seem like the young kit had in fact noticed his mother do as such a thing, none the less, the young kit, TinyKit, did in fact begin to start to speak to his mother, all at the exact same time as well, as I could tell that he was not all too happy with her, based off of the tone of voice that he had, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to even say back in response over to his mother, in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"I don't want to go be a kitty pet! I want to be a Windclan warrior! Please mother, do not let me go with you to that place! They'll just split us apart!" He said to his mother, as I could tell that he was in a lot of pain, all at the exact same time as well, as it almost kind of seemed like he was trying to convince his mother that she too should stay in Windclan with him, all at the exact same time as well, how ever.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden began to start to look over to HeartFurn, all at the exact same time as well, as I could clearly see quite a bit of some pain in those eyes of hers, never the less, as it was clear that it did in fact hurt her, as to just what it was that he had even said, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that she did in fact know that if it was that they were to be kitty pets, that they would be separated, all at the exact same time as well.
For a few moments, I did in fact wonder if she was about to change her mind on all of this, and that she was going to change her decision in just what it was that she was even going to do in the very first place any ways, until I then all of the sudden saw her dip her head a bit low to the ground, as she then all of the sudden looked over at her other kit, to see what it was that her other kit, the she kit, thought on just what it was that her brother had even said to them, all at the exact same time as well.
I then all of the sudden did in fact turn me he's to DustKit, as it seemed like she was the one that was going to make the end all say all decision in all of this, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I looked at DustKit right in to her eyes, as I could tell that the kit was in quite a bit of some pain right now.
It was clear to me that the kit was a bit torn, and she was not all too sure as to just what it was that she should do right at this very moment in time as well, in the very first place any ways, as I saw that the young kit was clearly a bit uncomfortable, as to the fact that she could clearly see that there were a lot of cats that were looking right over to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I could not help but to feel quite a bit bad for the young kit, as to the fact that it was clear that she was being put in to quite a bit of some pressure, all at the exact same time too, right on the spot, none the less.
The young kit stared at her brother for quite a bit longer, as she then all of the sudden then did in fact turn her head over to her mother, as I saw that she did in fact have a few tears falling from her eyes, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that she was quite a bit split on the decision that she felt like she should make right at this very moment in time too, which I felt like I could not blame her for, as I knew that she was in fact quite a bit of a young kit, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that she should not be being put under so much stress, and so much pressure right at this very moment in time any ways.
I stared at DustKit for just a little bit longer, until I then all of the sudden saw her nod to her mother, all at once, which did in fact confuse me as to just what it was that the young kit had even meant by the fact that she in fact nodded to her mother in the very first place any ways, as I tilted my head at the young kit, even though I knew that she was not paying me any sort of attention right at this very moment in time any ways, just based off of the fact that she had her eyes on her mother still.
The mother blinked her eyes a few times, as it was clear that she was even in some more pain right at this very moment in time too, which did in fact kind of get my hopes up, all at the exact same time as well, as I was starting to begin to wonder that if she had nodded to the mother, to let her know that she too did in fact want to stay in Windclan, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to crack a little bit of a smile on my own face, all at once.
I quickly wiped away that smile that I had how ever, as I then all of the sudden saw that HeartFurn then all of the sudden had turned her head back over to all of us, all at the exact same time as well, after what it was that she had clearly seen her kit do in response back to all that was going on, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden saw that HeartFurn all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod to all of the cats that were right out side of the clearing of the leaders den, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways, in the very first place as well, as I did my best to try to stay calm, even though I did in fact feel like I was quite a bit lost in my head right at this very moment in time any ways, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to keep my self calm, all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw that both TinyKit, and my father KettleStar, did in fact nod back to the queen, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
Once it was that HeartFurn had seen all of us do as such a thing in a little bit of a response back to her, it was clear that it had in fact made her feel a little bit better, as she then all of the sudden did in fact begin to go on ahead and start to speak to all of us, now that it was clear that we all were in fact paying our fullest attention as to just what it was that she even had to say to all of us in the very first place any ways, never the less. I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say to all of us, all at the exact same time too, as I kept a bit of a blank look on my face, as I did as such a thing, how ever.
"If that is what you want to do TinyKit... I will not stop you from making that kind of decision..." She said to her kit, as I saw that it came us much to a surprise to TinyKit, all at the exact same time too, as to just what it was that his mother had even said to him in the very first place any ways, as I saw that he blinked his eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he had his mouth wide open never the less, as it was clear to me that he had not been expecting to have that kind of response at all, what so ever, never the less. Neither had I, as I had thought that queens were more scared of their kits, especially a kit as small as TinyKit was, to make those sort of decisions, at such a young age. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I gulped a bit to my self, all at once, as this all did in fact feel quite a bit strange to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of the mother of TinyKit, as she then all of the sudden began to continue to start to speak back to her kit, once again, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden lifted my head back up and over to her, as I did in fact continue to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say, all at the exact same time too, as I kept quite a bit of a blank look on my own face, as I did as such a thing. "Remember... That I will always be your mother... And if you ever change your mind... You know where it is to go..."
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I still was in quite a bit of some state of shock as to just what it was that the mother had said back to her young kit, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I once again began to start to look over to my father, and also over to TinyKit, all at the exact same time as well.
I expected my father to be just as surprised as I was right now, but how ever, when I looked over to him, I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that was just not the case what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he just had a bit of a blank look on his face, in a bit of some response to all that he had heard happen right in front of him, all at the exact same time too, almost as if he was not sure if any of this was real what so ever.
Though there had been a lot of things that had not seemed to be all too real as of late, so I really felt like I could not blame my father for acting the way that he was acting right at this very moment in time any ways, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of my father, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to get my focus on the fact that TinyKit was clearly in a bit of some pain right at this very moment in time as well, never the less.
It was almost as if he was starting to have a little bit of some 2nd thoughts on the decision that he had just made, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he then all of the sudden began to start to dip his head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I knew that I could not blame him for being the way that he was right now.
I knew that it was a very hard, and it was a very rough decision to make, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that he was going to be alone in the camp, and that was he was going to be alone in the Queens den, all at the exact same time too, now that it was that he was going to be leaving his mother, HeartFurn, and his sister, DustKit, behind, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit bad for the young kit, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, once again, as I still felt like I could not help but to realize that he had in fact made the right decision, on the fact that he wanted to stay in the clan, as I knew that he was in fact right with the fact that he had said that the two legs were going to split them apart, all at the exact same time as well, as it had been the same thing that I had been thinking when my mother had wanted to go off on her own, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see from the corner of my eyes, all at the exact same time as well, that HeartFurn and her other kit, were starting to move around a bit, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head, and my eyes over to them, all at the exact same time too, as I then began to start to realize as to just what it was that was going on all of the sudden.
It was clear that HeartFurn was in fact still going to go through with the plan that she was going to go become a kitty pet with her other kit, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that she was starting to head out of the camp, with her and DustKit, all at the exact same time too, as I watched her begin to go on ahead and do so, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit bad for all of them, as to the fact that they were all splitting apart.
Though it was to the own fault of HeartFurn, as she was the one that had made the decision in the very first place any ways, never the less, though I once again felt like I could not blame her for it how ever, as I knew that it was a bit of a dangerous place to be in, if you were going to be in our clan, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that Thunderclan was now starting to threaten us, never the less, as they had attacked us, and that they had killed one of our own.
Also the fact that there were those 2 Thunderclan cats that had been chasing after the kits, as it had been clear to me that they had in fact wanted to kill them, all at the exact same time as well, as it kind of made me feel a bit sick to think that they actually did in fact want to do as such a thing like that, none the less, as I once again breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I knew that I could not blame HeartFurn at all for the decision that she was making, as it was in fact dangerous for her young kits.
The fact that she was leaving one of those young kits behind how ever, did have me feeling a little bit distraught how ever, as it made me feel a little bit sick that she was willing to do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to look back at the both of her, and her kit for just a little bit longer, as I saw that DustKit did in fact look back at her small little brother, one last time, as it was clear that she was in a bit of some pain, as to the fact that she was even leaving her brother behind, all at the exact same time too.
How ever, that was not the case for HeartFurn, her mother, all at the exact same time too, as it seemed like she did not even want to look back at her young kit, all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw her lift her tail up to her kit DustKit, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that she was trying to get the attention of her on to where it was that she was trying to take her to, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that DustKit did in fact start to notice that, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
DustKit then all of the sudden turned her head over to her mother, as the both of them left through the exit of the camp, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that they were to never be seen again, once it was that they had done as such a thing like that never the less, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, and I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus back off of all of that, all at once, as I then all of the sudden turned my head back over to TinyKit, and my father, all at the exact same time too.
I looked at my father right in to his eyes, as I saw that he was right on TinyKit, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden saw him nod to the young kit, all at once, as he then all of the sudden lifted up the head of the young kit, all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try to stay calm, all at the exact same time as well, as I now all of the sudden saw a big smile on the face of my father, all at once, as to the fact that he was clearly happy with the decision that TinyKit had made.
I felt a bit bad for the fact that he did in fact have to leave his kin behind, but it was clear that he had thought in to that before hand, as I saw that the young kit did in fact lift his head up to my father, as even though the kit was in fact a very small kit, it was clear to me that the kit was a very brave, and a very strong kit how ever, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down a bit, all at the exact same time too.
I then all of the sudden saw that TinyKit did in fact nod to my father, as I then all of the sudden saw that my father did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that he was in fact going to go on ahead and start to speak to the young kit, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, once again, as I looked at my father dead in to his eyes, once again, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to the young kit in the very first place any ways, as he did in fact begin to start to speak to him, all at once, never the less.
"You are a very strong kit! Windclan is proud of you! Now, you go ahead and get some fresh prey from the pile, of your liking... I have some good news for you tonight!" He said to TinyKit, as he had the same big smile on his face that he had before hand, after just what it was that he had even said to the young kit in the very first place any ways, as I was a bit lost as to just what it was that he had even said in the very first place as well, as I saw that TinyKit was clearly lost, as he had his head tilted at my father, all at once.
I did the same thing as he did, even though I knew that my father was paying me no such sort of attention right at this very moment in time as well, any ways, as I blinked my eyes a few times once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down a bit, all at once, as it all felt quite a bit strange to me, as to just what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways, and just what it was that he had meant by what it was that he had even said to the young kit in the very first place as well, none the less.
I stared at my father for just a little bit longer, until I then all of the sudden saw him push the young kit forward a bit, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he wanted the young kit to go on ahead and get some prey of his choosing, all at the exact same time too, which was quite a bit of a rare thing, as I knew that it was always the mother that chose what it was that her kits were going to eat in the very first place any ways, never the less.
Once it was that TinyKit then all of the sudden began to start to wake him self up, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden began to start to see him begin to start to blink his eyes a few times, all at once, as I saw that he now all of the sudden began to start to have a big smile on his face, all at the exact same time too, as to the fact as to just what it was that my father had said to him in the very first place any ways, and just where it was that he had nudged him over to, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, as I then watched the kit begin to start to head over to the prey pile, all at the exact same time too, as I saw him pouncing up and down as he did in fact do as such a thing, never the less, as it was clear to me that the kit was happy, and that he was excited, now that he had got his mind, and his focus off of the fact that he had left his sister and mother behind.
I sighed a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, never the less, as I kind of felt like it might be for the best for me to get my mind, and my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too, off of all of that, as I knew that I should just simply be glad as to the fact that we at least had one of those 3 cats stay in the clan, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to nod a bit to my self, all at once, as I then got my mind and my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, none the less, as I then once again looked back over to my father.
I felt a bit bad for the young kit still, as I kind of felt like I had a bit of some more questions as to just what it was that was planned for the kit now that his mother and his sister were going to be gone, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as it felt like I could possibly do, as I then did in fact begin to start to head over to my father, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he still had a smile on his face, as it was clear that he was still looking over at TinyKit.
How ever, once it was that it seemed like he had all of the sudden began to start to notice as to just what it was that was even going on with me right now, he then all of the sudden turned his head over to me, all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw him blink his eyes a few times at me, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden saw him nod to me, not all too much longer after all of that, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, such as he had just done, as I too then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod a bit back to him, all at the exact same time as well. I stared at my father for just a little bit longer, as now that I knew that he was in fact paying attention to me, and that he was listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, none the less, I did in fact begin to start to speak to him, all at the exact same time as well.
"Where is it that the kit is going to stay now? He can't just stay in the nursery by him self now... Some one has got to take care of him..." I said to him, as I stared at my father with a bit of a blank look on my own face, as I felt like it was a very good question as to just what it was that I had even asked of him, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down.
I could not help but to be a little bit worried for the kit, as I knew that the kit could not handle being alone, all at the exact same time too, like it or not, as I knew that I did not want to leave him alone in that den, in the very first place any ways, never the less, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, all at once.
I stared at my father, right in to his eyes, as I saw that he had a bit of a lost, and a bit of a worried look on his own face, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me that he had not thought on what it was that I had just said to him before hand, all at the exact same time as well, which for sure did not make me feel better about any of this, all at the exact same time too, though at the exact same time as well, now that I came to think of it, I could not blame him for it how ever.
I mean, my father had been put kind of on the spot, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that he had not expected all of that, so I really doubted that he was thinking in to all of that, whilst all of that was going on in the very first place any ways, never the less. I got my mind off of all of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden saw my father lift his head a bit low to the ground, all at once, all at the exact same time too.
Though this time, it was not due to the fact that he felt any kind of guilt, all at the exact at the exact same time too, as it was clear to me that it was simply just do to the fact that it was clear to me that he was trying to think on some thing, and to plan some thing out to do for the young kit, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to remind my self that my father was the leader after all, and that he knew as to just what it was that he was even doing, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, all at once, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to TinyKit, and I looked at the small kit with a bit of a smile on my face, all at the exact same time too, as I was happy to see that the kit was still in the clan, and that the clan still might have some sort of future, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
As I thought on that for just a little bit longer how ever, I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of my father, as he then all of the sudden began to start to speak to me, all at once, all at the exact same time too, as I then turned my head over to him, all at once, and I then all of the sudden nodded to him, all at the exact same time as well, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say in the very first place any ways.
Once he had seen me do as such a thing, none the less, he then all of the sudden nodded right back over to me, all at the exact same time too. I was glad to see him do as such a thing, none the less, as I did my best to stay calm, as I was glad to see that he had thought of a plan so quickly, as I then began to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to say to me in the very first place any ways, as he then began to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time too.
"Who said he has to stay in the nursery? Isn't in about time for an upgrade?" He said to me, as I then all of the sudden saw him crack a bit of a smile on his face, all at the exact same time too, as I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that he was even trying to get at right at this very moment in time any ways, never the less, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was talking about, but it did make me feel a little bit uncomfortable, all at the exact same time as well, as I tilted my head at him, and I kept my eyes squinted on him, all at once, as it was clear that it did not take hin all too long for him to notice me do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he now began to start to realize that I did not under stand as to just what it was that he was even trying to get at in the very first place any ways. He rolled his eyes towards me, all at once, not all too much longer after all of that, as he then all of the sudden began to start to speak to me once again, not all too much longer after all of that, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, once again, none the less. "I know he is still young... But would you like to be his mentor?"