Chapter 13: Empty Sky

Every thing felt a bit cold, and it felt a bit wrong about today, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was wrong, nor was I all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on with me, right at this very moment in time any ways, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too.
It did not seem like BreezeFoot seemed to be feeling the same way as I was right now, as I had admitted to her, as to just the way that it was that I was feeling right now, but she had kind of scoffed it off, and she had told me that I was being a little bit too paranoid, and that PikeStar was just getting in to my head, with all that it was that he was telling us, about the fact that Thunderclan was going to attack us, and that it was the end of the clans.
I did kind of feel like she had a bit of a point, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like he was in fact getting in to my head quite a bit, none the less, as I felt like I should just let my self go, and I should just let my self be free from all of that, none the less. If PikeStars clan mates didn't want to be warrior cats any more, than that was not our problem at all.
I still felt like I could not help but to still be a little bit worried about all of it how ever, for some odd reason or another, as I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like I really was being a little bit too over the top right now, and I really was being a little bit too over dramatic.
I still felt like I would not help but feel like it still bothered me none the less how ever, as I knew that it had been bothering me this entire day, as to even the fact that I was thinking on it, all at the exact same time too, as I shivered quite a bit to my self, all at once. I knew that BreezePaw, as much as I had told her that I was not letting it bother me, knew damn well that I was lying about that, none the less.
We had been going around, hunting, basically the entire after noon, all at the exact same time as well, but I had not caught a single thing, despite the fact that I had several chances to catch some prey. We were heading back to camp at this point, so it was too late for me to even try, as I was carrying one of the rabbits that BreezePaw had caught for us, and for the clan, as we were nearly back to the camp at this point, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I still felt quite a bit uncomfortable, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I knew that I was quite a bit uneasy right now, all at the exact same time too. I kind of wished that my father had not let his friend in to the clan, to live with us, if I was not going to lie to my self. He really was not doing all too much to help us, for one thing, but also the other thing was that he was scaring all of our clan mates.
It was not just the fact that he was scaring us, with the fact that he was telling us that the clans were coming to an end soon, but it was also the fact that he was seeming to scare the kits, which were, TinyKit and Dustkit, all at the exact same time too, as he was telling them all sorts of scary stories, none the less. I knew that the kits were scared out of their minds, but for some reason they seemed to enjoy the stories, as they always came back for more.
Either that, or PikeStar was going out of his way to try to scare them, none the less, as I felt like both of those could be true. I had tried to tell my father about it, but it did not seem like he really even wanted to listen as to just what it was that I had to say about his friend, in the very first place any ways. For some odd reason or another, it seemed like he was perfectly fine, happy, and content with the way things were going in the clan right now.
I was not going to lie either, to my self, as I knew that the clan was in good shape right now, besides the fact that we were at a bit of a struggle for food right now, which would not be a problem as soon as we brought these 2 rabbits that BreezeFoot had caught, back in to camp, all at the exact same time as well, as it was already starting to get dark out right now, meaning that the gathering was going to happen fairly soon from now.
I really was not excited for it either, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I was a little bit afraid that there was going to be a quarrel with the 2 clans, as I felt like some one was going to bring up the fact that Thunderclan had been walking in our territory. I was a little bit afraid as to just what it was that was going to be the response from Thunderclan, none the less, all at the exact same time as well, as that made me feel a little bit sick too, if I was going to be for real with my self.
I got my mind off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind on the fact that we were now all of the sudden in the front of the camp entrance, all at the exact same time as well, as I stood there with a blank look on my face for quite a bit of some time, until I all of the sudden saw, all at the exact same time as well, that much to my surprise, as that had not seemed to be the case much as of late, that the camp was nearly packed full right now.
It then all of the sudden hit me, all at once, none the less, all at the exact same time as well, as to just why it was that it was the case, in the very first place any ways, as I had remembered what it was that my father had told the entire clan just last night, right before it was that we all had gone to sleep. It was very much to my own surprise as well, as to the fact that he had said that all of the cats in Windclan, were all going to be going to the gathering.
I was not going to lie, it seemed a bit risky to me, but at the exact same time as well though, I kind of felt like it made a lot of sense too, and it was not risky at all either. It was my father trying to make it out to Thunderclan, that we were in fact stronger than it seemed like we were, all at the exact same time too. It was a bold move, but at the exact same time too, I also felt like it was quite a bit of a smart move.
It was clear to me at the exact same time too how ever, that my father really was listening to his friend, PikeStar, as well too. Though it least he was not being stupid with it, as I knew that it was not like my father to do so any ways, none the less. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I knew that there was nothing for us to be all too worried about right now, at the exact same time too.
The camp was going to be fine, if no one was in it. I nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I then began to start to head through the camp entrance, all at once, with my mate BreezeFoot, as I saw that it turned a lot of heads on to us, all at once, as to the fact that we were one of the last cats to be back to camp clearly, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that all of the cats were getting ready to go to the gathering, as I could see that TinyKit, and DustKit were being cleaned up on their fur by their mother, HeartFurn, right at this very moment in time too, as it was clear that she was trying to make them look good for the gathering.
That was besides the point though, as I kind of felt a little bit uncomfortable, as to the fact that there was a bunch of cats staring at the both of us right now, as I let out a bit of a heavy cough to my self, all at once, to try to tell BreezePaw to keep on going, all at the exact same time too, as I really just wanted to try to ignore the fact that there were so many cats staring at us, right at this very moment in time any ways.
I went ahead and took the lead in to the camp for BreezeFoot, all at once, as it did not seem like she was going to. I rolled my eyes a bit to my self, as I then continued to head in, as I was used to eyes being on me at this point, now that I was the deputy of Windclan. I shook my head, as I began to start to head over to the prey pile, until I then all of the sudden heard one of the cats start to speak up to me, all at the exact same time as well.
I turned my head over to the cat, all at the exact same time too, who just so happened to be, HumbleFace, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that to my surprise, he had a smile on his face right now, for some odd reason or another. I tilted my head over to him, all at the exact same time as well, as I was a little bit lost by just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways. He did not seem to be bother by it how ever, as he went ahead and nodded to me, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was still a little bit lost, but I did in fact, in the end, nod right back over to the tom cat, all at once, to let him know that I was in fact, at the very least, paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, in the very first place any ways. Once it was that he had seen me do as such a thing, he did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to me, all at once, none the less, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, as well.
"Good job catching that prey you 2!" He said us, as I could see that he had a bit of a big smile on his face, all at the exact same time too. It made me crack a bit of a smile on my face, none the less, as he did in fact always seem to make cats feel a bit better about every thing, all at the exact same time too. Maybe it was just the smile that he had on his face, as that was what it was that I had been told he had gotten the last part of his name from, in the very first place any ways.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I saw some thing from the corner of my eyes, that seemed to grab my attention, all at the exact same time as well, which I was a little bit lost about. I then looked over to it, all at once, as I saw that it was BreezeFoot, as she did not seem to have an all too happy look on her face right now, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I was a little bit lost as to just why it was that it was the case any ways, at first, until it then all of the sudden dawned on me after a little bit longer, as to just why it was, that was the reason as to just why it was that she was acting that way right now. It was clear that I had taken a lot of the credit for what it was that HumbleFace had just applauded us for in the very first place any ways, which I now was starting to feel a little bit guilty for, all at the exact same time too, now that I came to think on it.
It had not been me at all, that had caught the prey, as I had simply been far too lost in my head the entire day, to do any thing to help her. It had been all her that had caught these 2 juicy rabbits, none the less. It had all been BreezePaw that had done it, and now that I came to think on it a little bit more, all at the exact same time too, I then suppose that I would come to realize that I was in fact kind of taking the credit for it.
BreezeFoot had her eyes squinted at me, all at the exact same time as well, for quite a bit of some time, as it made me feel quite a bit uncomfortable, as I then all of the sudden dipped my head a bit low to the ground, all at once, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should do right at this very moment in time any ways. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden shook my head, as I was quite a bit upset with my self, for what it was that I was doing.
I kind of felt like I did not want to own up to it, but at tbe exact same time as well how ever, I felt like I did not have much of any other choice but to do as such a thing, but to own up to it any ways. It really was not all too much of a big deal either, as I knew that no one would judge me for it either. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I then all of the sudden lifted my head up, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I had to own up to it, none the less.
I then looked over at all of the cats that were in the clearing, right at this very moment in time, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden opened my eyes. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the thoughts that I had been having before, as I could see that BreezeFoot was staring at me still, though this time, now that she could tell that I was about to speak up and say some thing about it finally, and give her, her credit, where it was due, I could tell that it made her feel a bit better.
She now had a bit of a smile on her face all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden nodded to my self, all at once, as I now felt a bit better, and I felt a new bit of power that I felt like I had not felt before, start to take over me, as I then all of the sudden began to start to speak up to all of the cats that were in the clearing, all at the exact same time as well.
"Actually, it was all BreezeFoot... None of it was me..." I said to them all, all at once, as I stared at all of the cats for just a few moments, with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, as I did my best to try not to look all too embarrassed about it. I stared at all of the cats for just a little bit longer, as I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden began to notice that they were not paying me any sort of attention, right at this very moment in time, any ways, never the less.
I felt quite a bit bad for it too, as I felt even more guilty as to the fact that BreezeFoot was not getting any credit right now. I turned my head over to BreezeFoot, and I looked at her with a bit of a guilty look on her face. I saw that she did not have her eyes on me right now, very much to my own surprise, as I saw that she had her head up, as she seemed to have a bit of a smile on her face as well.
At first, I thought that she just was doing that, due to the fact that she was proud of her self, and she had failed to notice that clan mates not paying us any sort of attention for any longer. The more that I began to think on it, I then began to realize that she was smarter than that, and she knew what was going on right at this very moment in time how ever, as well.
She simply was just happy that I was willing to give her the credit for it, and that I had given her a bit of some praise none the less. It made me feel a bit happy, as I cracked another smile on my face, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I was glad that it made her feel better, and it did in fact make her feel a lot better to get at least a little bit of credit for once. I kind of felt guilty none the less, as to the fact that I really never gave my mate all too much credit for any thing ever before now, now that I came to think on it, none the less.
It was not just me, but it was every cat that was around her, besides perhaps her brother QuialNose, all at the exact same time too. I still felt like I could not help but to feel a little bit bad for it, as I really had not really thought all too much on that before now. I loved her to death, and I knew that in my mind, I did in fact give her all of the credit, as I knew that she made my life, and she was the joy of my world, never the less, too.
But I never really expressed it out loud, and I also knew that no cat was a mind reader. I felt like I needed to start to tell her how much I loved her, and how she was amazing to me, a lot more often than it seemed like I did, all at the exact time too. I knew that she for sure was not a cat that I wanted to lose, and I knew that I had to keep on trying, and doing my damn best to make sure that she did not leave me.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, thankfully enough, none the less, as I then all of the sudden saw my mate, BreezeFoot, start to head past me, all at once, as it seemed like she had woke her self up, at the very least. I still was kind of working to gear my self up to do the same, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit to my self, and I then began to follow her to where it was that she was going right now.
Of course, that was none other than the prey pile, so that we could drop off the 2 rabbits that she had caught not all too much longer ago, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, as I kind of did in fact begin to start to wake my self up, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that we needed to get all of this started, as I could see that my father was patiently waiting on top of the tall rock for us.
I hoped that he had not been waiting for us for too long, because I knew that it was my fault, as to the fact that we had come back so late in the very first place any ways, as I knew that we would have caught a lot more, and a lot faster, if I had not been so lost in my head through out the day. I cursed my self for it, as I knew that I had to stop doing stupid things like that, as I knew that I was always stressed out, and that I was always worried about things such as that.
I knew I had to relax my mind, and I knew that I had to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that, as I then dropped the 2 big rabbits at the prey pile, all at the exact same time too. To my surprise, once again, today, there was actually quite a bit at the prey pile right now.
It was clear that the cats in our clan had kind of opened their minds up to the fact that we were in fact running low on prey, and we were not catching nearly as much as we had needed to catch in the very first place any ways, none the less. I was glad to see that, all at the exact same time too, as I then dropped the rabbit that I had been carrying, on top of the prey pile, with the rest of the prey that was there, all at the exact same time too.
I then turned my head over to BreezeFoot, all at the exact same time as well, as I was about to ask her if she wanted to share one of the rabbits that we had just caught, with me, but I saw that she was already eating a vole as it was right now, as I then all of the sudden dipped my head a bit low to the ground, all at once, as I felt a bit guilty that I had not asked her sooner than before, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try not to get all too upset at my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then got my mind on some different thoughts, altogether, from all of that.
The thoughts that I got my mind on of course, was the fact that my father was now all of the sudden beginning to speak to the clan, all at once, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to BreezeFoot, all at the exact same time too, as I then nodded a bit to her, to let her know that we should head closer to the tall rock, so that we could hear what it was that our leader had to say to the entire clan, in the very first place any ways.
BreezeFoot then all of the sudden nodded back to me, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to head with her, over to the rest of the clan, as we took our prey with us. It was not normal for us to eat in front of the entire clan, but it was already dark, and we had to get a move on at this point, so that we could go on ahead and get ready to go to the gathering, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, once again, as I then began to continue to head forward with my mate, to join up with the rest of the clan, to hear what it was that my father even had to say to all of us that were here, in the very first place any ways, never the less. As we then joined up with the rest of the group, I then all of the sudden lifted my head up, and I looked up at my father, before I did in fact nod to him, as if I thought that he was going to be paying me any sort of attention right now.
I suppose that it would make sense as to the fact that he would be, as I knew that I was his son, and I was also his deputy, all at the exact same time too, but I also knew that it did not make all too much sense as to why he would right now, as he was speaking to the clan right now, and he was not speaking to me. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was even thinking on, or even thinking about right now, as I just shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too.
I just got my eyes, and my mind on my father, and just what it was that he even had to say to all of the cats that were here in the clearing of the camp right now, in the very first place any ways, as I just breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to regain a bit of some control over my self, all at once, as he then continued to speak to us all, and I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to say to our clan, at the exact same time as well.
"Is everyone ready to go to the gathering! Remember, that this is a very important gathering, so I want you all too be on your best behavior right now! Do not say any thing stupid that might give any information to the other clan! They are not our friends, and they are not our allies!" He said to all of the cats that were around us, all at the exact same time too, as I could tell that it made some of the cats that were in the clearing right now, a little bit uncomfortable, never the less.
I felt like I could not blame them for it, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that what it was that PikeStar was telling my father, was clearly getting in to his head, and it was clearly getting my father very worried, all at the exact same time as well. I spotted PikeStar, from not all too far away, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at my father for some odd reason right now.
It was pretty clear that PikeStar had told a lot to my father, as I was a little bit worried to that. It also kind of seemed like my father had not said some thing that PikeStar had wanted him to say, all at the exact same time as well, as I could tell that my father was already done speaking to the clan, as it was short, simple, and it was sweet, as to just what it was that he had to say to all of us that were even here right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I got my mind, and my focus off of PikeStar, as I felt like I wanted to talk to my father about his friend at some point in the near future. I did not care if my father got upset at me, as I felt like I could get the support from the entire clan, that some thing had to be done, or at the very least, some thing had to be said to PikeStar, about how it was that he seemed to be scaring my father so much, all at the exact same time too, as well.
If I was going to be perfectly honest with my self, I kind of felt like we should kick PikeStar out of the clan, for just what it was that he was doing. Though I knew that he was good friends with my father, so there was not all too much that I could do about that. I felt like the better thing to do, was to just get PikeStar to shut up, and have him his own den. Perhaps he could sleep in the elders den, as I knew that it was empty, and no one used it, due to the fact that we had no elders in the clan, in the very first place any ways.
I was simply just compromising, and thinking of ideas. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden shook my head, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to get all of the thoughts that I had in my head before, from out of my head, all at the exact same time too, as I then shook off all of those thoughts, and I got my mind on some thing altogether, and much different from all of that, all at the exact same time too.
It was the fact that my father had now all of the sudden got all the way down from the tall rock, all at the exact same time as well, as he was now nodding for the entire clan to follow him out of the camp, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me that he was ready to get all of this started, all at the exact same time as well. I still heard quite a bit of some fuss through out the clan, all at the exact same time as well, which I still felt like it might have some thing to do with PikeStar, which I whole hearted agreed on, all at the exact same time as well.
As I began to start to listen to all of the voices, I then all of the sudden began to start to realize that they were not upset at PikeStar at all, all at the exact same time too, as I was hearing the names of some of the Thunderclan cats starting to be said, all at the exact same time as well. That was when it began to hit me, that it was clear that they did not have a single clue about the fact that PikeStar was talking to my father. It was clear that they did not know how good of friends it was they were.
There was also the fact that you were not supposed to go in to the leaders den unless you were the deputy, or the leader had called you in to talk to them, all at the exact same time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, once again, as it was clear to me that some of the cats that were in our clan right now, were in fact friends with some of the cats that were in Thunderclan, some how, none the less. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind off of all of those thoughts, as I then all of the sudden shook my head.
I then got my mind instead, on the thoughts that we needed to be following my father, and our leader right at this very moment in time, as I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of those thoughts, and I got my focus on the fact that I needed to start to go with my father out of the camp, and over to the Moon Pool, which was where it was that we were going to go and meet with the other clan, in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well.
I then nodded to my self, as finally, I then all of the sudden began to start to see that some of the cats that were in the clan, did in fact wake them selves up a bit, all at once, as I saw that they were now all of the sudden beginning to start to follow my father out of the camp, as I then gladly, began to start to follow all of them, all at the exact same time too, as I then breathed in quite a bit to my self, once again, as I was glad that we had finally got our selves to this point now.
As we began to start to head up the hill that led out of the camp, I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that there was some thing odd, and there was some thing strange going on right now. At first, I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was going on right at this very moment in time, as I heard a lot of the voices from my clan mates, as it was clear that they too had noticed the same thing that I had none the less, as every one seemed to stop them selves, all at once.
What it was that was going on, seemed to almost be some sort of miracle, though it did not seem like it was a good type of miracle how ever, as I noticed that it was starting to get darker and darker, the more and more that I began to walk, all at the exact same time too. I was quite a bit scared, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was going on right now, along with the rest of the clan, as I then all of the sudden began to move over to BreezeFoot, all at the exact same time too, as I held on to her close.
That seemed to some what make me feel a little bit better, to at least know that I had my mate by my side right at this very moment in time. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, as I was not all too sure as to just why it was that it was even so dark out right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I knew for a fact, that this was not normal at all.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that was going on right now, as I did my best to ignore all of the freaked out voices of my clan mates, all at the exact same time as well, as I could hear them all speaking amongst them selves right at this very moment in time. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden heard a much louder voice start to speak up to the entire clan.
At first, I was a little bit freaked out as to just what it was that it could be, and just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, until I then all of the sudden began to start to realize as to just who it was that was speaking right now. I could clearly tell that it had also scared my clan mates all at the exact same time too, as it gave me a reason to like the cat even less, never the less.
I shook my head, as I shook off all of those thoughts from my mind, all at the exact same time too, as I turned my head over in to the general direction that I heard the cat, who was PikeStar of course, as he was speaking to all of the cats from right at this very moment in time too. I squinted my eyes over to that way, even though I knew that I could not see him at all, as I then all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, then began to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to say to scare the entire clan even more this time, none the less.
"The moon is gone! Starclan is speaking to us! There is a empty sky!"