Bye For Now

I woke up in Loki's arms as he played with my hair

I woke up in Loki's arms as he played with my hair. "Good morning." I said tiredly.

"Good morning, tigress." He continued to mess with my hair.

"What are you doing?" I looked up at him.

Loki smiled at me. "I am braiding your hair." My heart fluttered. "Under no circumstances will you take it out. I will cast a charm to keep it neat and clean."

"What is the occasion?" His smile faded. "Loki?"

"When I pick you up, we will head to where I will release my army." Loki finished one part and moved to another. "You will join your friends."

My brow furrowed. "What?"

Loki glanced at me. "The Chitari are aliens that live by their connection to the mother ship. Focus on there mind, cut off the signal to stop them."

"Why are you telling me this? What are you planning?"

Loki sighed. "I will lose and be sent back to Asgard, my home. That's how this will end up, and I can not drag you down with me." He finished what he was doing and gently turned my head to the other side and started again. "I want you to join your friends in the battle against me. You're loyalty will not be questioned and you can go about your life."

I looked away. "Will I ever see you again?"

His heart beat sped up. "I would assume not. I will either be executed or locked away in the Asgardian dungeons for life."

A tear rolled down my cheek and onto Loki's chest. "What if you surrender?"

"I can't." He said sadly. "There is something bigger than me, I can not say no."

"Is someone forcing you to do this?" His heart sped up again. "Loki?"

"No." He growled. "No." He said softer. "You don't have to worry about me."

"Yes I do." I glared at him. "If I don't who will. You don't have to be alone." His face softened. "Asking for help or showing weakness doesn't make you weak. To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength."

"Stop." He ordered. "I don't need you to pretend around me."

"What?" My brows furrowed. "Pretend about what?"

"All you want is information." His brows scrunched together. "Like you said, I am your enemy. You think we are friends because of the hormones."

"Hormones... right." I looked away from him. "This secrecy will hurt you."

"I'm fine."

I smiled. "You know what my friend told me once." Loki hummed. "Fine is an acronym for; Fucked up, Insecure, Needy, and Emotional." I chuckled.