I'll Be Back

Professor X ended up letting us take one of his many school cars out. I drove of course since Loki doesn't know how. But I have a feeling if I showed him how to work the car he would get it in a snap, he's smart.

The dinner wasn't crowded since it was a weekday and lunch time. Only people without lives were eating her, or people with to much time. This place wasn't one for fast service but the burgers were to die for.

"Is it just the two of you?" The waitress asked as she picked up two menus.

"Yes, can we have a booth?"

"Oh course. Follow me." We followed after her.

"This place is... colorful." Loki looked around at the 1950s themed diner.

"Yea, I like it though. It's unique and pretty." We sat down in the booth and Loki took my crutches to help then sat down across from me.

"Here are the two menus. Is there anything I can start you with?" The waitress perked.

"I think water for the both of us. Did you want anything. The drinks are on the back of the menu."

Loki flipped his menu over and read the drink list. "Mmm. May I have the chocolate milk please." I chuckled. "What?" Loki smiled.

"You don't want that." He furrowed his brows and I looked to the waitress. "He will have a chocolate shake and I'll have a root beer." The waitress nodded and walked away with our drink order.

"Why would I want shaken chocolate?" Loki asked as he looked over the food part of the menu. "And if I'm correct Midgard doesn't allow people below 21 years of age to have alcoholic products." He gazed up at me.

I chuckled. "A shake is short for milkshake. Don't worry, you will love it. As for root beer it is not act alcohol, it's a soda. I'll let you try it." He nodded and continued reading. "I'm getting a burger with French fries. If you would like some help picking the unknown mortals food?"

"Yes, because I can't fathom why you mortals would sell chicken fingers or hot dogs, and then there is a corn dog." He looked up at me. "Should I be worried?"

I smiled. "Do you know how cute you are when you are confused?" Loki glared at me. "Chicken fingers are strips of white meat covered in bread crumbs and fried. Hot dogs are not actually dogs but sticks of meat. Corn dog is a hot dog covered in cornmeal batter, fried, and served on a stick."

"You mortals fry everything." Loki scrunched his nose.

"It's not bad. If you want you can get more than one thing and we can take the leftovers back for a midnight snack."

"You take home the leftover food?" I nodded. "On Asgard..." Loki's brows furrowed and he leaned back. "I'm actually not sure. I arrive and leave with the food already on the table."

My brows rose as my eyes traveled back to the menu. "Wow. Talk about rich and spoiled."

"Hey." Loki scowled.

"Are we ready folks." The waitress put down our drinks. "I brought a second straw in case you two want to drink the shake together." She set the second straw next to the shake.

"Oh, no. She can't have this." The waitress looked at him like 'What a rude man'. Loki caught her look. "I will excuse your rude gaze simply because you don't know that when she drinks milk she gets sick."

The waitresses face softened. "I'm sorry, Sir."

"It's fine." Loki waved her off. "My lady will have the burger with French fries and I will have the chicken fingers with fries as well." Loki placed the menu on the edge of the table.